Will you be angry if we don't get a new 7 for 2024 ?

Glenn L

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
My care factor has dropped to almost zero….we will sign some duds have the season talked up and it will be just like this year and all the years before, full of excuses and told we are building, be patient etc etc
With an even bigger season launch and bullshit fly on the wall documentary series only to be kicked in the balls by round 10 again. At least the Reynolds "homecoming retribution " story won't be a thing.

lovemachine

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
our halves are fine for now we have burton, ko, rajab and bbo. we need forwards first before we get a quality half
If you truly believe this you’ll be in for a rude shock if it pans out the way you want.

lovemachine

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
We need a proper halfback. There is no ifs and buts.
It’s the one real constant in all our dark years. No directions and complete panic on 5th tackle and red zone options.
People talk about props and all that but the props for the most part are getting us in position.

The other thing I will say is we need to really act here.
At the moment Brooks, Townsend, Tanah, Foran, Walker, Pearce all appear available.
some of those are better than others but don’t forget the teams below ALSO are desperate and crying out for a halfback next year and they will all come with cash more than a mil.
Tigers
raiders
dragons

Now that Hunt has publically stated he wants back to QLD, I am starting to think Foran is the best option here for a season.
For those who disagree fine, but he is quality, experienced and not that expensive.

But don’t dismiss him just because ‘we have been there’. That isn’t solid logic. If he has never played for us no one would question it. He also played good for us but he kept putting his body on the line because no one else did and paid The price

lovemachine

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
No point having a 7 with a shit pack.
You are right but you know how it is.
A good pack can do good things but a great half back is MSG.
Sprinkle it on the honey chicken. The lemon beef. The pad Thai, and it will make the good magic but only in this example the food is the forward pack

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
You are right but you know how it is.
A good pack can do good things but a great half back is MSG.
Sprinkle it on the honey chicken. The lemon beef. The pad Thai, and it will make the good magic but only in this example the food is the forward pack
I'm hungry now lol

I do get your point though.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
The cap went up massively this year which gave clubs a lot more flexibility and cap space to re-sign players, especially for the top 6 clubs who would have been under more pressure..

It was also announced very late which meant clubs couldn't go on spending sprees til they knew what the cap would be.

So because of that very few significant signings have been made around the comp. There's no point hammering Gus about it when nothing became available for that reason.

Last edited:

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
To be even discussing whether we should be after a dominate pack or a great halfback first is crazy K talk …

The facts are neither are available …. if we look to the 2nd tier players or the lower grades like we did with Kiraz and Presto Magic, we’re a much bigger chance of bolstering our forward pack right now than Gould pulling an elite 7 out of his hat ..

With really good go forward BBO, Burton, Rajab etc might be all we need to be competitive until the right 7 for us stands up …

TK is so good at losing sight of what’s really achievable ..

CMP

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
No point having a 7 with a shit pack.
100% agree we need all of the above.

Who cares what order we get them in?

We need a quality organising halfback and at least two quality props.

Two quality props without a quality half to play off there backs is also pointless.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
100% agree we need all of the above.

Who cares what order we get them in?

We need a quality organising halfback and at least two quality props.

Two quality props without a quality half to play off there backs is also pointless.
It's a shame we have money but nobody to spend on...

John Matrix

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
My care factor has dropped to almost zero….we will sign some duds have the season talked up and it will be just like this year and all the years before, full of excuses and told we are building, be patient etc etc
I’m sick of the over hyped and under cooked seasons and going forward won’t buy into anything that isn’t proven on the field.

Fool me once… etc

Roger the alien

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'll be disappointed if there's no improvement with our halfback play next year however there's no point getting angry when there's nothing out there to sign. Good halves are few and far between in this competition.

Robbothedestroyer

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
To be even discussing whether we should be after a dominate pack or a great halfback first is crazy K talk …

The facts are neither are available …. if we look to the 2nd tier players or the lower grades like we did with Kiraz and Presto Magic, we’re a much bigger chance of bolstering our forward pack right now than Gould pulling an elite 7 out of his hat ..

With really good go forward BBO, Burton, Rajab etc might be all we need to be competitive until the right 7 for us stands up …

TK is so good at losing sight of what’s really achievable ..
You do realise it is a discussion forum where people are encouraged to express their opinions and debate their point of view without being shit canned.