WILL THE LION EVER ROAR

D- voice

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
The previous management traveled three times around the world to secure the signature of what supposed to be the world's best prop, risking their well being ( COVID-19 ) in the process.
A season and a half later I am yet to see any thing to convince me he is anywhere near what was anticipated he would be leaving me wondering is he worth half the contract that he is on.
He hasn't been a forceful prop hasn't shown any ball skills always ineffectively coming in late in tackles and to add the icing to the cake he's always found a way to get suspended.
Leaving me wondering...Will the Lion ever roar ???

beastwood89

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Lol but nah on a serious note I hope he kills it this year.

2144superman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
The previous management traveled three times around the world to secure the signature of what supposed to be the world's best prop, risking their well being ( COVID-19 ) in the process.
A season and a half later I am yet to see any thing to convince me he is anywhere near what was anticipated he would be leaving me wondering is he worth half the contract that he is on.
He hasn't been a forceful prop hasn't shown any ball skills always ineffectively coming in late in tackles and to add the icing to the cake he's always found a way to get suspended.
Offload Thompson = world class half-back $$$

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
He looked disinterested in the trial but so did the rest of the starting team. I wouldn't base too much off Monday's game. Especially as we barely had the ball or got out of our own half for the first 20 minutes.

He'll be one of our best forwards this season once the real games start. But I doubt he plays beyond this season for us because he's not worth the money that he's on and it's clear that Gus thinks he can use the cap space to get a better balance across the squad.

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Always thought your forward pack is limited by the service from dummy half. If they get a timely pass so they can almost hit top pave before receiving the ball, a half decent prop.can look like a monster.

JMK is a step up from the Lichaa days. But our forward pack hasn't shine since we let Ennis leave. Guys like Graham and Tolman were killing it for us, then suddenly started getting called soft during the season after he left. I think that pretty much comes down to the timing of the pass they get and being able to trust that they can build pave and not overrun the ball.

Hopefully JMK or one of our reserve hookers get it right throughout this season.

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
No he won't. He is possibly England's best prop, but thats why we always flog them. They are miles behind us.

Ant2611

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
D. I have been thinking this myself. You summation is spot on and you said it well. Now that we have viable alternatives(Max King)showed more in 20 mins than Thomson. Even Tevita plays front row. I think Thompson will find himself in Reggies if he doesnt pull his finger out. Problem with that we have invested around 700k and no one will take him off our hands.

Ant2611

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Lol but nah on a serious note I hope he kills it this year.
We all do beast but I think he may be treading lightly cause he is a target of the referees. However thats not good for us. We need a beast in the front row. He needs to change his technique and go in a lot hader than what I have been seeing from him.

Ant2611

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Offload Thompson = world class half-back $$$
Easier said than done. Maybe you can talk to your connections on Krypton to see if they have someone suitable and are willing to take Thompson off our hands.

Ant2611

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Always thought your forward pack is limited by the service from dummy half. If they get a timely pass so they can almost hit top pave before receiving the ball, a half decent prop.can look like a monster.

JMK is a step up from the Lichaa days. But our forward pack hasn't shine since we let Ennis leave. Guys like Graham and Tolman were killing it for us, then suddenly started getting called soft during the season after he left. I think that pretty much comes down to the timing of the pass they get and being able to trust that they can build pave and not overrun the ball.

Hopefully JMK or one of our reserve hookers get it right throughout this season.
Al, I think you have hit the nail on the head. I hope the coaching staff see it too. Ive always liked JMK but he is reallt a newby at hooker/dummy half, I think he has made a reasonable fist of the job but even on Mon I could see the difference in speed of play etc when Cook came on. JMK's positives is he can cover a number of positions and maybe be better off the bench as a utility. Big dillema for Baz to fix and only 18 days to do so. I think he had urgently seek advice from higher up and I don't mean God although he might have good suggestions too. Perhaps he should take time and read the kennel.

Apex Cedar

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I said it when we signed king and I’ll always say it. A fit King is a better prop than Thompson for what an 1/6 of the price ? Come on if he doesn’t deliver half way through the season I want him gone. Ava, King, Patolo, RFM, TPJ and Vaughan all above him right now as middles in the NRL.