Opinion Why we lost

Doggies2035

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Simple reason

sione katoa is a terrible hooker dietz should be first choice hooker

Nick meany ain’t really the greatest fullback option but he has been playing well not to get dropped maybe put shoupp in somewhere

Our halves need to get involved more when averillo started attacking and running it more points were coming for us

What I would do personally if I was coach to give a try

1. Jake averillo
2. Shoupp
3. Cotric
4.meany/Allan
5.dwz
6.lachlan Lewis
7.flanagan

Or I would put Lachlan Lewis at lock over Waddell guy can be like a cam Murray type player at lock he’s a really good tackler

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
1. DWZ
2. Cotric
3. Allan
4. Hopoate (Schoupp when we can use him)
5. Meaney (Okunbor when back from injury)
6. Averillo
7. Flanagan

Katoa is shit, no point rolling him out every week (unless we have to???)

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
We can’t hit over the advantage line consistently which generates quick play the balls. It’s as basic as that.
Our average play the ball speed was faster than Eels.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
We lost because the whole team turned up with a shitty attitude and had zero intensity from the kick off.

I don't know how that happens in a rivalry game, coming off a win where the effort and intensity was so great for 80 minutes against Cronulla but the team was sleepwalking that whole first half and only Atoni, Ava and Deitz put any effort and urgency into their work..

LadWriter1

Waterboy
Reaction score
How can they just not turn up against our arch nemesis. Shit and slow service by Katoa as always, Atleast defend then **** but no lets in the first 3 tries

dogwhisperer

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
We lost because we are never going to compete against the top sides like Parra, Storm, Souths, Penrith or Roosters in 2021, that’s why we lost.
I’m more interested in how we go against the other sides outside of the 8 because that’s the level we are at this year. The losses against Newcastle, Cowboys and Broncos were a big fail. I’m more interested to see how we go against those teams again and when we play the tigers for example. I believe we turned the corner against the sharks and I’m really interested to see our second half of the season when we play sides on our level and how we perform. Still plenty of games to go to see improvement and along with more signings for 2022 we should be a more competitive side for next year. But Flanno has to go along with S.Katoa.

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Simple reason

sione katoa is a terrible hooker dietz should be first choice hooker

Nick meany ain’t really the greatest fullback option but he has been playing well not to get dropped maybe put shoupp in somewhere

Our halves need to get involved more when averillo started attacking and running it more points were coming for us

What I would do personally if I was coach to give a try

1. Jake averillo
2. Shoupp
3. Cotric
4.meany/Allan
5.dwz
6.lachlan Lewis
7.flanagan

Or I would put Lachlan Lewis at lock over Waddell guy can be like a cam Murray type player at lock he’s a really good tackler
Lucky your not the coach then. I mean seriously, Schoup is an out and out centre, Flanagan must be dropped, Meaney is not a centre.
I actually don't think trying Lewis at lock is a bad idea. And Dietz must start.

Moedogg

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
It started from Flaggans kick that got charged down. For a team like ours that's lacking in confidence, you can't afford to be playing catch up footy right from the first 5 mins.

Sandra's Bollocks

Est. 1979
Reaction score
No one had any interest in doing it all night. That second try he scored was just pathetic defense.
And I think it was Elliott who jogged towards him whereas if he put in just a bit of effort, would've at least been able to put a hand on him and try lodge the ball out, or get under him - something.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
And I think it was Elliott who jogged towards him whereas if he put in just a bit of effort, would've at least been able to put a hand on him and try lodge the ball out, or get under him - something.
Spot on. And Averillo had a lazy effort for that try, then Thompson and Katoa could have stopped him but they go low when he's a metre out from the try line.

Even Sivo's first try.. I know he's a hard guy to stop close to the line but there were four guys there, Katoa was in perfect position to try and launch himself at Sivo to stop his momentum and hold him up while others helped but instead Katoa just backtracks and meekly surrenders into the in goal and waits for Sivo to come to him.. Show some fucking urgency and desperation!

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
It started from Flaggans kick that got charged down. For a team like ours that's lacking in confidence, you can't afford to be playing catch up footy right from the first 5 mins.
Flanagan stands too close to the line, and hesitates before he kicks - it always puts him under pressure. We haven't been watching every other club- they have worked out that you can have a forward walk up into the defence and block a direct run at their kicker; but we leave them a saloon passage to hit our kicker.

Last edited:

bowleggedwog

wogdog
Reaction score
The most hated Bulldogs player ever. Useless sack of shit. Arm grab , never gets to marker, always looks like he is butt fucking someone when he is making tackles..offers nothing that piece of shit.

Sandra's Bollocks

Est. 1979
Reaction score
Spot on. And Averillo had a lazy effort for that try, then Thompson and Katoa could have stopped him but they go low when he's a metre out from the try line.

Even Sivo's first try.. I know he's a hard guy to stop close to the line but there were four guys there, Katoa was in perfect position to try and launch himself at Sivo to stop his momentum and hold him up while others helped but instead Katoa just backtracks and meekly surrenders into the in goal and waits for Sivo to come to him.. Show some fucking urgency and desperation!
That last part has been happening for a while now, not just Katoa but the whole team. We freeze up, they run 8-12 metres, make a few more in PCM's (that's if they don't manage to break through the tackle) and even make a further metre or 2 just playing the fukking ball ffs. It's extremely frustrating to watch.