Opinion Why should we care about Barretts/Panthers handshake deal?

Moedogg

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
It was mentioned that Barret had a gentlemans agreement that he would not poach panthers players. My question is why should the club give a fuck about this stupid agreement?Does it concern us? Shouldn't Barrett be serving his employers interests? This effectively stops him from bringing Burton and other youngsters from the Panthers over to the Bulldogs. Club should tell him... F. YOU and your agreement, you work for us now... Go out and sign BURTON!

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Are you guys really that naive?

The board can still negotiate and barrett can play dumb and say it wasn't him.

Its not like its hard to identify who we want from penrith. Everyone pretty much knows we want burton. If penrith don't give him a starting spot we will swoop in

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Barrett need Panthers to play ball to get his release. Just give them lip service and agree to it then as soon as he’s at the Bulldogs it’s game on.

c-b-b

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
If he's got a clause in his contract that allows him to be released for a head coaches role then come the off season he owes the Panthers nothing.

If the Panthers think they can hold onto 3 or 4 first grade quality halves they're dreaming.

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Because when your new employer tells you to do everything to get the best players to the club and you don't its going to end up well.

Last thing Barrett would want is another manly.

Chrisaaar

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The bulldogs board of the 80s would target them now out of spite.

Wouldn't surprise me if this board just bent over and ceased all communications with penriff players because of this agreement (if there is such an agreement which I doubt).

Vlasnik

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
The bulldogs board of the 80s would target them now out of spite.

Wouldn't surprise me if this board just bent over and ceased all communications with penriff players because of this agreement (if there is such an agreement which I doubt).
Problem is our chair person has no balls.

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
The panthers who sacked and then re-hired the same coach. Fuck them

Vlasnik

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
He should care about the deal as much as Ivan cared about his Tigers contract.
I agree Ivan spoke a lot about being on the bus.......but then the bus was left sitting on bricks because Ivan sold the tires and hitched a ride to Penrith.

ddt192

The Blue N White Butcher Stripe
Reaction score
Its not the 80s anymore mate haha Hope Baz raids em the first chance he gets haha

Papa Joe

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
If the players are contracted to the Panthers for the year we want them then fair enough - any discussion with that player to leave whilst still contracted needs to happen with the knowledge & approval of the Panthers otherwise they cant play with us... "DUH".
BUT if they are off contract, its open slather and they can "GO & GET STUFFED", just like any other club.
Burton is off contract for season 2022, & we can negotiate with him from November 1st 2020.
So, "GO & GET STUFFED"

Last edited:

habs

xdf
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
There isn’t a player I would be breaking down the doors to get. Yeah they have some impressive young backs but I don’t see anyone in key positions that would make a huge difference to our side, apart from Api.

Precise

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Yeah nah fuck em honestly. Panthers don't dictate to us, never have never will.

Vlasnik

Kennel Legend
Reaction score

Handshake Deal My Ass!!! Raid'em Doggies

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
Nasheed here,
I have a different thought.

why has everyone here assumed that Barrett and Burton are tighter than teen Thai pussy?

barrett is part of the setup that is keeping a brother down in reserves. He might say 'fuck ya I'm joining the dragons' or something.

I'm sure if Barrett told Cleary taht burtins the guy Cleary would make it happen but that hasnt happened and maybe Burton hasn't forgotten that, even if it's a small thought Burton won't want it given the poach controversy.

Expect Burton in red and white or purple and whateve colour the storm is next year.

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Pretty sure hell just tell the club who to chase