Why im confident about the penrith game..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kiraz Crazy

Hasler_For_PM
Reaction score
So ladies and gentlemen.. in exactly 1 week from now i believe we will be making our grandfinal preparations..

I know penrith were good enough to beat the roosters, but we need to remind ourselves that
1: Roosters had a few out, including the most under rated hooker in the game, jake friend
2: Roosters came in so confident, penrith came in under the radar. Roosters then took a big lead and got cocky, penrith came back.

The point is, i feel like if we win the "mental pre-game", we should win. We have the momentum behind us, and clearly our first half performances have been the best of the finals series so far, if we can extend it to 80 minutes we are going to be pretty hard to stop.

Stoofy

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
We will smash Penrith as long Gus has no influence over the refs!

OTTO

Playing Pablo
Reaction score
if we can replicate the efforts of week 1 for 2 more games, they can engrave the trophy now.

jamescairns2

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Roosters completed at 56% percent. If the Panthers were true quality they would have put them to the sword. Sharks would beat a team dropping the ball every second time they get it. I'm confident.

Ricky Stuart

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I just can't wait for the mind games between Hasler and Clearly to begin

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
We have been robbed twice against them so far this year. The refs better not make it a 3rd time.

mearsey

panania raised
Reaction score
Thought the refs didnt go too bad last night - just hope we dont get Shane Hayne .

On the Pansters , our game plan has been a bit too basic for my liking . I just hope it changes sometime soon . A clever coach ( with a fresh team ) could pick plenty of holes in us . Their little men worry me . But if we can keep the intensity up - who knows

finchie

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Fcuk that i cant stand that gerard sutton maggot
we did not get one call from him last night.

EXPLORER

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
We better bloody beat them,
I can not handle losing to any club 3 times in a season,
Knights did it to us last year, the panthers better not do it to us this year.
Also, I believe we are a much better team than the panthers,

We need to go on for 80 mins though,
Blowing teams off the park for 20 mins then trying to decent the leed as we have been doing last few weeks is not going to cut it.

2nd phase play

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I think the way we play our second halves is an obvious plan from Des.

We get off the blocks early, build a good lead, then defend it out in the second half. This has been an obvious game plan for a while.

In the second half, we do less short passing between the forwards and more one out hit-ups, kick to the corners, and defend hard.
Are you serious thats there game plan???

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
The main thing Penrith will have an advantage with is they will be fresher. I think we are a better team in a final. So recovery will be the no.1 key thing for Des this week i reckon.

Dingo

Go the dogs
Gilded
Reaction score
Hmm don't be too confident Penrith are our bogey team and Segyaro will be a nightmare up the middle.

Ndawai

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Penrith played their GF against the Rorters the other week, Sometimes having a week off can be a distraction especially for a team that doesnt really have finals footy experience.
having a couple of solid wins under our belt we should go into this game with some confidence.

habs

xdf
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
The hardest thing will be for Des to get the boys up mentally after 84 minutes of hard slog footy.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
im confident because we should have beaten them this year already. Im nervous because i think we may burn out. Bulldogs vs Roosters 10yr anniversary, lets make it happen.

Berries

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
The difference between us and the Roosters is that they are a quality side all around the park and have players who can dig them out of a hole.

We are the Nth Melbourne Kangaroos of this competition, we may make the GF but we will get destroyed by the Swans or Hawthorn ( aka Roosters or Souths)

Souths showed how to destroy Manly last week and we went that way for the first 15 minutes and then we just gave it up trying to burst through one up hit ups 10m out with a hectic little grubber that has a 40% success rate. Horrible halves who over 20 sets of 6 to score a singular try to seal the game had to rely on a FG.

Berries

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I think the way we play our second halves is an obvious plan from Des.

We get off the blocks early, build a good lead, then defend it out in the second half. This has been an obvious game plan for a while.

In the second half, we do less short passing between the forwards and more one out hit-ups, kick to the corners, and defend hard.
This has to be one of the stupidest posts I have ever read on any forum including /b/ on this planet.

You just do not realize that we are too inept to score more then three tries.

Malla

Reaction score
This has to be one of the stupidest posts I have ever read on any forum including /b/ on this planet.

Haha!

I feel the same. It's a funny feeling... I just expected Manly to hit back and to eat into the lead. We had 7 line breaks in the first half and could not capitalise on most. It just goes to show how badly we can struggle without a renowned finisher in the team. I hope the Panthers game turns into a real slog as we will lose if its as open as last nights game.

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score

Week 1 final vs Storm. We scored 5 tries. That is all.

jo_95

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Week 1 final vs Storm. We scored 5 tries. That is all.
I agreed with the first half of his post... Anyone who thinks we come out and don't try and score points in the second half is kidding themselves... Manly just stepped it up.

Status
Not open for further replies.