Why I believe Brandon Smith's signature is signed and sealed.

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
Looks like baz is good at getting his man.

just wish he could actuallyID talent

D.O.W.

Kennel Addict
Reaction score

Cryptic, is this a sign of your good oil being confirmed Nasheed? You may get a seat at the table with Dexter35 and Malla if true who are running white hot on predictions

Family Guy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

Yeah what a moron Baz is. He "identified" Burton, JAC, Pikura, Smith, Leniu and apparently Lolo...what a bunch of duds they are.

Yes we signed Hetho, Waddell, Allen and Flanno who may be considered duds but Hetho and Waddell are bench/depth players (for next year) and Allen and Flanno haven't worked out. I was OK with the Flanno signing but the Allen one didn't make sense to me so I can't defend Baz on that one.

Overall that's not a bad strike rate. At least we're targeting, and getting, the right players

Don't forget he was able to identify the plodders we got rid of last year and the dozen or so we'll be getting rid of this year

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
Yeah what a moron Baz is. He "identified" Burton, JAC, Pikura, Smith, Leniu and apparently Lolo...what a bunch of duds they are.

Yes we signed Hetho, Waddell, Allen and Flanno who may be considered duds but Hetho and Waddell are bench/depth players (for next year) and Allen and Flanno haven't worked out. I was OK with the Flanno signing but the Allen one didn't make sense to me so I can't defend Baz on that one.

Overall that's not a bad strike rate. At least we're targeting, and getting, the right players

Don't forget he was able to identify the plodders we got rid of last year and the dozen or so we'll be getting rid of this year
Just needs to close b Smith and agree, although I’ll judge flano cotric and allen when burton addo carr and naden and hopefully b Smith and a Fucking quality forward besides Thompson is carrying some weight and helping them. They aren’t stars but being surrounded with both Katoa’s hoppa Ogden or smith etc are Fucking not getting a fair crack.

Trafford10

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Who do we offer Melbourne to get Smith to Canterbury in 2022?

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
Who do we offer Melbourne to get Smith to Canterbury in 2022?
I believe rfm is who they would want. I’d cop it too. He’s a quality player and hurts but we just can’t miss b Smith. We need a 9 ffs.

Give his $ to matterson. Head risk but classy player and gets us smith.

Ideally they take Stimson back as they know how to get something out of him. Plus off our books.

Noeasyday

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Brandon Smith contract: Melbourne hooker reveals secret meeting with Trent Barrett
The push to get Brandon Smith to Belmore next season is heating up, giving the Bulldogs hopes their biggest gap could about to be filled.

Nick Walshaw

3 min read
May 7, 2021 - 11:55AM
News Corp Australia Sports Newsroom

FOXSPORTS2:12
Storm BATTER Rabbitohs by 50!
NRL: The South Sydney Rabbitohs copped a hiding against the Melbourne Storm on Thursday, losing 50-0 in front of a home crowd.

Melbourne hooker Brandon Smith has revealed he is being urged, almost daily, to switch to Canterbury next year while also confirming a recent breakfast meeting with Bulldogs coach Trent Barrett, joking: “He offered me four million”.
Despite being contracted with Storm until the end of 2022, 24-year-old Smith has approached club officials about looking elsewhere given the rise of fellow hooker, and Queensland Origin incumbent, Harry Grant.
Recently, it was reported the ‘Block of Cheese’ had secretly met at a Melbourne cafe with Barrett, who has already signed Storm flyer Josh Addo-Carr.

Watch The 2021 NRL Telstra Premiership Live & On-Demand with No Ad-Breaks During Play. New to Kayo? Try 14-Days Free Now >
Brandon Smith and Josh Addo-Carr celebrate the Storm’s 50-0 win over South Sydney at Stadium Australia. Picture: Cameron Spencer/Getty Images

Brandon Smith and Josh Addo-Carr celebrate the Storm’s 50-0 win over South Sydney at Stadium Australia. Picture: Cameron Spencer/Getty Images
Yet while the cult figure described a move to Belmore next season as “tempting” — and said he was being urged to do so constantly by Addo-Carr — he stressed there was nothing formally discussed over breakfast with the Dogs coach.
In fact, the No. 9 said he only stumbled across Barrett and Foxx while looking to grab an early morning feed at his local cafe.
“We all live in Richmond,” Smith said of the Storm squad. “All within 2km of each other.
“I went down to our local cafe and Josh was there with (Barrett), so I went and introduced myself.
“I went up to him, we spoke and he offered me four million.

FROM OUR PARTNERS

Watch Keeping Up With The Kardashians on BINGE Get BINGE Basic from only $10/mth
“(Laughs) So I said, ‘yeah I’ll take it’.”
Told the Bulldogs needed a hooker, Smith grinned: “They do”.
So what chance you do take Addo-Carr’s advice and follow him to Canterbury then?
Brandon Smith is wanted by Canterbury. Picture: Darrian Traynor/Getty Images

“It’s tempting when he scores six tries,” Smith said, referencing the flyer’s record Thursday Night Football haul in Melbourne’s 50-0 win over South Sydney.
“But at the moment we haven’t sorted anything out like that.
“I think the Storm are pretty stubborn about keeping me and I don’t mind.
“If I keep playing good my future will sort itself out.”
Asked if he had spoken with Barrett back in December, when the club confirmed Smith would be released if an “appropriate arrangement” could be found, the rake continued: “I have spoken to him before.
“He gave me a call a while ago.
“That was during the off-season when the Storm had allowed me to go talk with other clubs.
“But nothing along the lines of what we do.
Canterbury coach Trent Barrett has already lured Matt Burton and Josh Addo-Carr to the Bulldogs. Picture: Jason McCawley/Getty Images

Canterbury coach Trent Barrett has already lured Matt Burton and Josh Addo-Carr to the Bulldogs. Picture: Jason McCawley/Getty Images
“We didn’t get into details.”
But the Foxx is always in your ear, right?
“Yes, of course,” Cheese laughed. “He’s getting in everyone’s ear because he would love to get a lot of these players to follow him and what they’re building at the club.
“They must have something special going on because they’ve got Matt Burton who I’m sure will attract a lot of players, and that centre from Penrith, Brent Naden.”
Asked if Addo-Carr could potentially persuade a fella north to Sydney, Smith continued: “For sure.
“Because Josh doesn’t just add value on the field through his ability to turn nothing into a try, his energy when you go into training, every day, it’s infectious.

“He’s one of those guys you just want to be around all the time.
“Whether it’s having coffee with him, dinner, or busting your arse training with him, he’s one of those players that you really want to be around.
“I’ve got an infectious energy myself so when he starts doing his thing I start doing mine.
More Coverage
How Bulldogs tried to woo NRL cult heroPublic flogging puts Bennett on notice
“It’s good for everyone.

Nate DAWG

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Brandon Smith contract: Melbourne hooker reveals secret meeting with Trent Barrett
The push to get Brandon Smith to Belmore next season is heating up, giving the Bulldogs hopes their biggest gap could about to be filled.

Nick Walshaw

3 min read
May 7, 2021 - 11:55AM
News Corp Australia Sports Newsroom

FOXSPORTS2:12
Storm BATTER Rabbitohs by 50!
NRL: The South Sydney Rabbitohs copped a hiding against the Melbourne Storm on Thursday, losing 50-0 in front of a home crowd.

Melbourne hooker Brandon Smith has revealed he is being urged, almost daily, to switch to Canterbury next year while also confirming a recent breakfast meeting with Bulldogs coach Trent Barrett, joking: “He offered me four million”.
Despite being contracted with Storm until the end of 2022, 24-year-old Smith has approached club officials about looking elsewhere given the rise of fellow hooker, and Queensland Origin incumbent, Harry Grant.
Recently, it was reported the ‘Block of Cheese’ had secretly met at a Melbourne cafe with Barrett, who has already signed Storm flyer Josh Addo-Carr.

Watch The 2021 NRL Telstra Premiership Live & On-Demand with No Ad-Breaks During Play. New to Kayo? Try 14-Days Free Now >

Yet while the cult figure described a move to Belmore next season as “tempting” — and said he was being urged to do so constantly by Addo-Carr — he stressed there was nothing formally discussed over breakfast with the Dogs coach.
In fact, the No. 9 said he only stumbled across Barrett and Foxx while looking to grab an early morning feed at his local cafe.
“We all live in Richmond,” Smith said of the Storm squad. “All within 2km of each other.
“I went down to our local cafe and Josh was there with (Barrett), so I went and introduced myself.
“I went up to him, we spoke and he offered me four million.

FROM OUR PARTNERS

Watch Keeping Up With The Kardashians on BINGE Get BINGE Basic from only $10/mth
“(Laughs) So I said, ‘yeah I’ll take it’.”
Told the Bulldogs needed a hooker, Smith grinned: “They do”.
So what chance you do take Addo-Carr’s advice and follow him to Canterbury then?

“It’s tempting when he scores six tries,” Smith said, referencing the flyer’s record Thursday Night Football haul in Melbourne’s 50-0 win over South Sydney.
“But at the moment we haven’t sorted anything out like that.
“I think the Storm are pretty stubborn about keeping me and I don’t mind.
“If I keep playing good my future will sort itself out.”
Asked if he had spoken with Barrett back in December, when the club confirmed Smith would be released if an “appropriate arrangement” could be found, the rake continued: “I have spoken to him before.
“He gave me a call a while ago.
“That was during the off-season when the Storm had allowed me to go talk with other clubs.
“But nothing along the lines of what we do.

“We didn’t get into details.”
But the Foxx is always in your ear, right?
“Yes, of course,” Cheese laughed. “He’s getting in everyone’s ear because he would love to get a lot of these players to follow him and what they’re building at the club.
“They must have something special going on because they’ve got Matt Burton who I’m sure will attract a lot of players, and that centre from Penrith, Brent Naden.”
Asked if Addo-Carr could potentially persuade a fella north to Sydney, Smith continued: “For sure.
“Because Josh doesn’t just add value on the field through his ability to turn nothing into a try, his energy when you go into training, every day, it’s infectious.

“He’s one of those guys you just want to be around all the time.
“Whether it’s having coffee with him, dinner, or busting your arse training with him, he’s one of those players that you really want to be around.
“I’ve got an infectious energy myself so when he starts doing his thing I start doing mine.
More Coverage
How Bulldogs tried to woo NRL cult heroPublic flogging puts Bennett on notice
“It’s good for everyone.
Fox and Cheese are awesome players but it is the dynamic they bring off the field which would help shape the team. They will bring attitude, laughter and energy to the group. They also back this up by playing hard and at a high level. Cheese is an important signing if we can get it done. IMO, no other available hooker brings what he will bring

CBDoggies

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
We get smith and. Couple of big bodies then I think we can play for a top 8 spot next year. Fingers crossed

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Fox and Cheese are awesome players but it is the dynamic they bring off the field which would help shape the team. They will bring attitude, laughter and energy to the group. They also back this up by playing hard and at a high level. Cheese is an important signing if we can get it done. IMO, no other available hooker brings what he will bring
I'd love Smith but I'm still nervous about recruiting him as a hooker. Hopefully once he drops some weight and spends more time preparing at hooker he will look a fair bit sharper from there.

Nate DAWG

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I'd love Smith but I'm still nervous about recruiting him as a hooker. Hopefully once he drops some weight and spends more time preparing at hooker he will look a fair bit sharper from there.
Don't think there is anyone better available bro. He has a nice long pass, great defence and strong runner. Fitness is the only issue for me.

Papa Joe

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Don't think there is anyone better available bro. He has a nice long pass, great defence and strong runner. Fitness is the only issue for me.
I look at the way he applies himself to every game and I describe his style, strengths and attitude in this one simple quote I have been able to use over the years for certain players -

"He typifies what a Bulldogs player should be, nothing less than 100% on every play who never gives up, never says die & always wants to win on everything"

Last edited:

Interestingg

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
A player swap should be easy. We have literally no player that deserves immunity from a trade lol