Opinion Why Holbrook Is The Man For The Job

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Lets look at the Titans before he took over in season 2020.

2017: 15th place finish
2018: 14th place finish
2019: 16th place finish wooden spoon

2020 enter Justin Holbrook.

2020: 9th place finish
2021: 8th place finish finals appearance (Titans first finals appearance since 2016 coached by Neil Henry)
2022: 13th place finish
2023: sacked in 9th position

Taking a team such as the Titans who were a complete rabble, (Hayne million dollar deals), they had one of those losing streaks similar to Tigers and he turned them into a competitive outfit.

Lets also not forget Holbrook has done an extensive coaching apprenticeship. He coached at St Helens in a high pressure job where success is demanded.

Last edited:

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Needs to be our attack coach / assistant.

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
The bottom line is Cirdildo sucks and there is a perfectly good coach available with runs on the board. Actual real experience instead of riding the coat tails of Ivan Cleary.

Baseball Furies

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Tino, Fifita, AJ, Fotuaika - all Qld representatives - how many of our team would make the Qld team > none! They should’ve been doing better!

We don’t need another nice guy…

Pottz

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
A perfectly good coach who was just sacked by the Titans in favour of Des, so perhaps not so perfectly good after all.

And they have Tino, Brimson and Fifita playing out of their skins this year yet they’re sitting outside the 8.

Happy to bring him in as an assistant if he wants it but the idea that we’d sack Ciraldo less than one year into a five year deal and bring in Holbrook is laughable.

EL Hefe

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Missed opportunity to get Flanagan Snr. Gus wanted a junior coach to have influence.... Reap what you sow

ibby

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
We fucked up on Shane Flanagan big time.Gus is a fraud ciraldo is a cockroach if my captain spoke like that in front of me after a 66-0 thrashing I will surely teach him a lesson by dropping him

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
I couldn't give a fuck TBH. CC has a five year contract and the board isn't sacking him 6 months out from an election, he's going nowhere but its going to be a rough ride for him if we keep turning out performances like we did yesterday.

Stevo316

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I'm hurting too, but changing the coach is not the answer, everyone wants a quick fix but that's not working either.
When the coach says we have a losing culture problem he is spot on and we are just going to go through this until it turns around.
Rome wasn't built in a day

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I was a fan of Holbrook before he came back to the NRL but I don't know how anyone can watch the Titans play under him as coach and think that he's worth hiring.. Their defence has been shocking, they always lost multiple big leads and imploded and he would make bizarre selections and interchanges at times.

CeeEss

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Ciraldo's on a 5 year deal, he ain't going anywhere.

CBDoggies

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
If we sack ciraldo this early on then the club will be get dragged through the mud. Gus has made his choice by signing a 5 year deal so he has no choice but to stick with it. Now it’s on gus to make things work… it’ll help by starting to sign decent players who play in their respectful positions

Shanked

U been Shanked
Reaction score
he's not getting sacked after a year you god damn muppet. do you think ciraldo would have taken this shit show without some sort of job security?

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
I was a fan of Holbrook before he came back to the NRL but I don't know how anyone can watch the Titans play under him as coach and think that he's worth hiring.. Their defence has been shocking, they always lost multiple big leads and imploded and he would make bizarre selections and interchanges at times.
Were are in the beautiful painful position of having trash attack and defence... I think any additions will help at this point.

Ironic that a loss to the Knights was what made Gus step in and take more control with Barrett. I know Ciro won't be sacked, but will be interesting to see if Gus is more present on game day v Souths

Dogs Of War

On the Warpath
Reaction score
We fucked up on Shane Flanagan big time.Gus is a fraud ciraldo is a cockroach if my captain spoke like that in front of me after a 66-0 thrashing I will surely teach him a lesson by dropping him
Lets see how he goes first. Bulldogs really are 2-3 seasons off having the right depth. A couple sets of junior crops required. At this point I'd take a half back. Hoping Bailey Hayward keeps on developing so he can do that role cause it's painful to watch Burton at halfback.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Were are in the beautiful painful position of having trash attack and defence... I think any additions will help at this point.

Ironic that a loss to the Knights was what made Gus step in and take more control with Barrett. I know Ciro won't be sacked, but will be interesting to see if Gus is more present on game day v Souths
I don't think he will as Ciraldo was his appointment whereas Baz wasn't. If he does that too often it undermines the coaches, starts a bigger media circus and makes future coaches not want to come here because they have no job security and they'd be having to look over their shoulders every two seconds.

Gus is better off letting Ciraldo either dig his way out of this mess or dig himself a bigger hole.