Why does our club hate halfbacks?

D.O.W.

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
this thread should be “why does our club hate forwards” - we keep recruiting backs ffs.

DaBulldog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
All premiership winners have a good halfback. When was the last time a team won with a shit halfback? I agree with the thread, Bulldogs need to invest a regular top shelf halfback, at the moment Ben Hunt would be the only one available. I personally think Reynolds would’ve been a better choice when he left the Rabbitohs but once again we missed the boat. All Premiers have to have good half’s. Otherwise like our situation, you are trying to mould players into something they are not. Burton is not a halfback, maybe a 5/8, but kicks bombs way too much. Sometimes they come off, but most of the time, it lets the opposition have a breather whilst they get back in position.

FaceBreaker

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
It’s like we were cursed when we let Thurston go.

Also throw in fullback. Our last good fullback was Barba.

NQ Dog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
All premiership winners have a good halfback. When was the last time a team won with a shit halfback? I agree with the thread, Bulldogs need to invest a regular top shelf halfback, at the moment Ben Hunt would be the only one available. I personally think Reynolds would’ve been a better choice when he left the Rabbitohs but once again we missed the boat. All Premiers have to have good half’s. Otherwise like our situation, you are trying to mould players into something they are not. Burton is not a halfback, maybe a 5/8, but kicks bombs way too much. Sometimes they come off, but most of the time, it lets the opposition have a breather whilst they get back in position.
Unfortunately, we have no go forward with the dismal forward pack we have, so the only way we make ground is through MB kicking. It's painful for an old Dog to watch.

JayBee

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
We bought two 5/8, are playing a right centre on the left,a reserve grader at fullback and a 35 year old spanner on the bench.If you can work out why we haven’t developed or bought a 7 please let me know.Your quest is honourable
I feel like “hand grenade” is more appropriate