Why do we do it?

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
We are so hard to watch, it puts me in a bad mood all night.
Why the fuck do I do this to myself?
Sorry for the shit thread but getting it off my chest is good for my mental heath
Don't despair my friend. I find that I have become used to it, and it only affects me until about 5 minutes after the final whistle. Then I just go dull to any emotion. It helps when I contribute to the Kennel if I'm not writing in a red fog of rage.

Titans will put the cleaners through us next week. Best to accept that now, so it won't hurt as much when you watch us self destruct once more.

Daustin

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
You older blokes are lucky, 04 I was 9 and barely into it. I’ve never even seen our team win a comp and they dish this shit out every week - why do I bother?

Roll the Bones

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I just don't seem to care at all tonight. I knew we were going to lose. I just wanted to see an improved performance, but it was actually worse than last week. But I'm not angry, upset or anything, I just don't care, and that's how I used to feel during the last few seasons. I thought we past that level of awfulness.

Sir dogeth style

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Sorry for the shit thread but getting it off my chest is good for my mental heath
i feel the same mate dont stress too much.. ive had a very stressful life, had my father pass away in january (a doggys fan also) and i had someone else very close to me pass away last saturday and throughout so many dark depressing times these useless ***** in blue and white just add to my depression and anger when i await the whole week to excitedly watch my team either get fucked in the ass or attempt to fuck themselves in the ass its pathetic and yes it wears off on your mental at times and fucks my entire week... hopefully these fucktards we invest so much time into can begin to start repaying us all very soon!!!

James zac

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
If it’s any consolation I go for Everton their in a relegation scrap it’s more exciting than watching our powder puffs run round

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
You older blokes are lucky, 04 I was 9 and barely into it. I’ve never even seen our team win a comp and they dish this shit out every week - why do I bother?
You bother for the same reason we did in the 60’s and 70’s until the Golden era started in 79. Pain before pleasure. That said I feel for anyone under 30 because it been a rough fucking ride…In 04 the 30 year olds were only 11 so it’s been hard going since.

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I watched the whole second half on mute and we actually looked better for most

Still a shit result

D.O.W.

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
In a way, it pains the older blokes more because a winning culture was built on 30yrs of success and high standards and reduced to a shadow of our former selves… harder to digest. I think we have to revert back to having a super dominant pack, that seemed to work for us all those years.

Nate DAWG

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Bro, I feel you. I just cancelled Mothers Day! lol

ILiveForDib

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
It kills because there’s nothing to fall back on, injury list is vastly improved it’s what we’ve seen for years. Reserve grade standard players making reserve grade standard errors causing reserve grade standards results. This game hits the hardest of anything in the pass few years for me of the back of a flattering score line in Brisbane we replicated the same thing here and couldn’t score a try for shit. The AFB try running clean through the middle was sickening, especially after Mahoney making a great one on one tackle, and a try saver just before.

Warriors are a 10th to 8th team most likely, weren’t they missing some players to and coming of 3 games in 12 days or something? There is litrelly nothing to fall back on that’s why it hurts. We are just shite.

CQDog

Kennel Legend
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
You bother for the same reason we did in the 60’s and 70’s until the Golden era started in 79. Pain before pleasure. That said I feel for anyone under 30 because it been a rough fucking ride…In 04 the 30 year olds were only 11 so it’s been hard going since.
Best Dogs football i’ve seen and can solidly remember was Des Hasler days…

The_Chimpster

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I was there a few years ago. I used to get so pissed it would ruin the whole weekend. Now I just yell at the dumb decisions we come up with in the heat of the moment get over it pretty quickly and just laugh to myself about how bad the game was