Why can't we win in 2006?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Old Bulldog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I see various "pundits" are tipping us to finish anywhere from 4th to 9th this year. Given the personnel we have at our disposal, surely we only need luck with injuries to be THE major threat to whomever for the title itself. We have the players, we have the coach, we have the administration. And it's the "year of the dog". It's OUR time.

Christabella

Reaction score
Old Bulldog said:
And it's the "year of the dog".
Thats quite possibly the only answer to your question ... well there is one other reason *cough* no scandal *cough* but I won't say anything as I wouldn't want to jinx it ;)

bulldogruss

est.1980
Reaction score
Attitude has the shortest odds to ruining our season - not another team....

Russ

Tony_the_beat

Bulldogs 08
Reaction score
it doesnt realli matter what they say...we'll show em what we are capable of then we'll see whos laughing

jimmy_the_greek

Bulldogs Fanatic
Reaction score
them predicting what we will finish simply means nothing, because they have mostly been wrong in the past
hopefully with no injuries we will finish very high....

W

Winston Smith

predictions are jaust that - predictions. how many people predicted tigers winning the comp???

BootS

Danned
Reaction score
I like that they have predicted us to come no better than 4th, gives incentive to kick some butt, BRING EM ALL ON!!!!!!

MP4 - Eedz

C.O.T.B
Reaction score
bulldogruss said:
Attitude has the shortest odds to ruining our season - not another team....

Russ
Thats exactly right, no one can deny our roster is at the top of pile, but our attitude has let us down in the past

PineappleBoy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Imo it all depends on how good Holdsworth does. That will probably be their main reason for putting us 4th-9th.

If he plays badly we will be like the roosters last year goin through a different 5-8 every month. Which is not good.

A

atomic_crimson

Dzerzhinsky said:
predictions are jaust that - predictions. how many people predicted tigers winning the comp???

actually before the season started one of the couriers i use at work said the tigers would win it.... when they did he popped us a visit with a big smile on his face.... lol

Christabella

Reaction score
PineappleBoy said:
Imo it all depends on how good Holdsworth does. That will probably be their main reason for putting us 4th-9th.

If he plays badly we will be like the roosters last year goin through a different 5-8 every month. Which is not good.
The difference is Holdsworth is a 5/8th ... or at least as close as you get to being one these days. The Roosters were trying to play halfbacks, hookers and 2nd rowers at 5/8 and while thats nothing new none of them worked on forming a good partnership with Finch. Most probably because the Roosters didn't realise how much they lent on Fittler in the previous seasons.

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
Its gunna be another tough year but so was 04 and 05,every game is a hard game these days as the quality of the teams has improved,the difference last year obviously was the injuries and our confidence dropped as a result.This year we start with a fresh pack which includes some new talent,last years blooded rookies and plenty of experienced hard men,we will go close if we can keep injuries down.

habs

xdf
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
I think we might scrape in around 5th or 6th, and anything can happen from there.

Chicharito

DOGGIES ARMY!!!
Reaction score
predicitons are only opinions....and alot of these critics like to talk and if dey wanna give us as bad as 9th....let dem....i realli couldnt care less....all i care about is wat position we r gonna b in by the end of round 26

MP4 - Eedz

C.O.T.B
Reaction score
There is no way we wont make the top 4, we where a few good preformances away last towards the end, lol. And i think everone remember last years story, fully fit where the competetion heavyweights, 1st, 2nd or 3rd, any less and it would be a bad year, IMO.

Dawgfather

Banned
Reaction score
The main reason we won't win it if we dont is because of our halves and backs.

D

D0ggyStylz

Exactly. Holdsworth is a bit of an unknown quantity. Depends on if he fires or not. also, his combination with shifty will be a major factor.

Bry

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
We are 10-1 to win the comp with most of the bookies. Not bad odds in my opinion. I'll be sticking a few hunj on that. Hopefully I'll be $2000 richer in early October. :grinning:

Status
Not open for further replies.