Pele
Thompson
Patolo
TPJ
Suttons
King
Hughes
Also RFM (can easily do)

That’s more than enough for a top 30 squad.

Of course, we knows that most are injured atm.
So we are short for two weeks but that’s not enough motivation to go out and buy one as whoever u but will not want to come for 5 months only.
Maybe missed a trick on woods but I think there is bad blood there.

where Gus DID fuck up is promoting Hoffman into the 30 when we had an injury crisis.
We should have targeted a prop in reserves who has little ambition beyond this year.

I suggested Adam Cuthbertson who is playing QLD Cup but apparently that was such an absurd suggestion because mods deleted the posts where I called for it and got told off. But I don’t see issue with it.
Most of them are playing as a prop, because they have to. But most are not props.

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
Most of them are playing as a prop, because they have to. But most are not props.
I guess with me I’m half agreeing and half disagreeing.
Do we need props right now? Yes. No doubt.
But do we need props next year? Also yes. But if we make a panic purchase then all of a sudden we might be off balance for our 2024 squad because players won’t switch for just this season. Unless they don’t think they will get a 24 gig.
So where Gus fucked it and I cannot beets and for the life of me is why he didn’t get:
- a no name prop from NSW/qld cup to fill a seat (Jodi deal but makes more sense than Hoffman)
- target woods. But then you guys get antsy because of 2018.
- or, find someone with experience still in the NSW cup system. Dylan Napa (ok maybe blood there too) or cutho. Maybe a schonig like someone said. We needed a freelance prop who will just appreciate the chance to play 5 games this season.

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
Nasheed here.
We don’t actually need a props yo.
We gots 7.
Pele
Thompson
Patolo
TPJ
Suttons
King
Hughes
Also RFM (can easily do)

That’s more than enough for a top 30 squad.

Of course, we knows that most are injured atm.
So we are short for two weeks but that’s not enough motivation to go out and buy one as whoever u but will not want to come for 5 months only.
Maybe missed a trick on woods but I think there is bad blood there.

where Gus DID fuck up is promoting Hoffman into the 30 when we had an injury crisis.
We should have targeted a prop in reserves who has little ambition beyond this year.

I suggested Adam Cuthbertson who is playing QLD Cup but apparently that was such an absurd suggestion because mods deleted the posts where I called for it and got told off. But I don’t see issue with it.
Hes 38 and cant get starts in qrl.. Its a very stupid suggestion.

jake6

Kennel Established
Reaction score
We should make a play for Joe Ofahenguhei

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
Hes 38 and cant get starts in qrl.. Its a very stupid suggestion.
His age doesn’t actually matter because we only want him till liek July tops and he is an active player.
just an experienced head. He was nailing England. I watch ESL

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
His age doesn’t actually matter because we only want him till liek July tops and he is an active player.
just an experienced head. He was nailing England. I watch ESL
Why do we need him for a few months? Not noticed us run out of players yet. And who is he better than? 38 does matter in FG. ESL isnt NRL FG. Its reggies equivalent.

Mitch Connor

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Ridiculous that we don’t have a single prop incoming or within the place that is good enough for first grade.

Tsikrikas and the short stack gang in Tanner, Morrin, Stringer etc are not the answer.

belmore_utd

Pro Golf Hack
Reaction score
decent signing
FMD, Just how many props do the Gold Coast have???
Only a matter of time before we burn out King and Sutton if we don't get some reinforcements. Tanner getting no minutes against Warriors and Okunbor playing in the middle spells big problems. It's not sustainable.
If we don't have troops coming back from injury in the next few weeks and Gould is doing nothing to fix it then it gives me the vibe he see's this year as a sacrificial season. Not good enough imo when other teams are able to make moves and he gloats that we have 650k cap for this season

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
Nasheed here,
a good one would be matty lees as he wants to come nrl, and he can communicate with Thommo.

AlzzBulldog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Only a matter of time before we burn out King and Sutton if we don't get some reinforcements. Tanner getting no minutes against Warriors and Okunbor playing in the middle spells big problems. It's not sustainable.
If we don't have troops coming back from injury in the next few weeks and Gould is doing nothing to fix it then it gives me the vibe he see's this year as a sacrificial season. Not good enough imo when other teams are able to make moves and he gloats that we have 650k cap for this season
Gus is being very suss at the moment.. whats doing

AlzzBulldog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Ridiculous that we don’t have a single prop incoming or within the place that is good enough for first grade.

Tsikrikas and the short stack gang in Tanner, Morrin, Stringer etc are not the answer.
Yeah I just don't get it, it's bizzare