why are we paying $2.22 for Fuel

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
You said it without proof, you moron.
you are fucked in the head mate. any proof is given to you is rejected by you any way cos it doesn't fit your moronic agenda.

Who do you accept as an ultimate authority when it comes to price of fuel locally and internationally?

Shall I send you the SOS from my employer what i do for living and part of my job description is to manage prices of fuel and lubricants every 3 months?

The_Chimpster

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
you are fucked in the head mate. any proof is given to you is rejected by you any way cos it doesn't fit your moronic agenda.

Who do you accept as an ultimate authority when it comes to price of fuel locally and internationally?

Shall I send you the SOS from my employer what i do for living and part of my job description is to manage prices of fuel and lubricants every 3 months?
Only read the first four words and that was more than enough for a like

XPICATE

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

We get most of our fuel from Asia, with around a quarter of it coming from Singapore. The rest comes from South Korea, Malaysia, China, and a host of other nations including the US, Japan, and Thailand.

Precise

Kennel Established
Reaction score
We honestly pay less for fuel than 30 of the other countries I’ve been to, US is cheaper but not by much that’s about it. Every UK & EU state pays more.

NZ pays shit loads more.

Then start venturing further out like Iceland if you really want to get fucked.

Bought a misses tesla anyway, having not paid a cent for 30,000km on her car has been brilliant.

Dogzof95

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
How else are the politicians going to get their 4% pay increase whilst everyone else is suffering!

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
We get most of our fuel from Asia, with around a quarter of it coming from Singapore. The rest comes from South Korea, Malaysia, China, and a host of other nations including the US, Japan, and Thailand.
Have you even seen the global WTI and Brent crude oil prices ?

You think Russian supply crunch and supply chain problems are having no effect what so ever on the current demand and supply situation ?

Do you think all the other countries you mentioned have ramped up to combat the shortage of supply?

Oh hang i should ask first do you even believe there was/is a shortage of supply? lol

XPICATE

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yup, i should ask my employer to give me an SOS just to prove a point to random luny on internet chat forum who may still not accept the fact or evidence I slap him with.
Thought so..

SPEARTAKVIDREFS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Everything has gone up.

I believe its because we are now paying the cost of covid.

Companies like Coles and Woolies will recoup that cost. Just 1 example, they paid workers standing their wiping down trolley handles and pointing customers to hand sanitation. Who is going to pay for that. The customer. I cant even imagine the cost of PPE during the period, the hardware that needed to be installed in thousands of supermarkets. Thats just 1 cost of many.

We are told there was a potato shortage because of floods. Floods last summer and still the prices are sky high. Chips in supermarkets are ridiculously expensive. Coles has doubled the amount of shelves where I live for chips, go figure.

As for oil companies or service stations, when have they ever cared about their customers. Cant even imagine the loss of profits for them during covid. No doubt they will do everything to recoup those costs in coming years. Just an assumption but it will probably turn out more profitable for them in the long run. Some been around for what a hundred years and had to weather a couple of years of covid. Once covid losses are re-couped prices wont be dropping. Its like the Gateway Bridge in Brisbane. Apparently the bridge was paid for year ago yet there is still a toll.

Or perhaps my tin foil hat was made to tight.

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Everything has gone up.

I believe its because we are now paying the cost of covid.

Companies like Coles and Woolies will recoup that cost. Just 1 example, they paid workers standing their wiping down trolley handles and pointing customers to hand sanitation. Who is going to pay for that. The customer. I cant even imagine the cost of PPE during the period, the hardware that needed to be installed in thousands of supermarkets. Thats just 1 cost of many.

We are told there was a potato shortage because of floods. Floods last summer and still the prices are sky high. Chips in supermarkets are ridiculously expensive. Coles has doubled the amount of shelves where I live for chips, go figure.

As for oil companies or service stations, when have they ever cared about their customers. Cant even imagine the loss of profits for them during covid. No doubt they will do everything to recoup those costs in coming years. Just an assumption but it will probably turn out more profitable for them in the long run. Some been around for what a hundred years and had to weather a couple of years of covid. Once covid losses are re-couped prices wont be dropping. Its like the Gateway Bridge in Brisbane. Apparently the bridge was paid for year ago yet there is still a toll.

Or perhaps my tin foil hat was made to tight.
The supermarkets made records profits during covid so they have no excuse to be jacking up most prices as they are now

SPEARTAKVIDREFS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
The supermarkets made records profits during covid so they have no excuse to be jacking up most prices as they are now
did they? Well there you go, me making assumptions again. Im curious now, will have to go and look it up.
What about oil companies? Im not talking about the War in Ukraine, specifically the impact of the time during the height of covid.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Yep. And they're making ridiculous profits right now. The price of Vegemite has gone up about 30%. How does the war in Ukraine increase the price of a product made in Australia?