why are we paying $2.22 for Fuel

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Free enterprise working for monopoly oil companies?

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Unfortunately the government doesn't have much of a say on that stuff. But it should.

The issue is basically:

1) Global oil and energy crisis that started on the back of supply chain issues due to Covid, but has been exacerbated by the war in Ukraine. Demand is currently at an all time high, and supplies are lower than normal

2) Price gouging by oil suppliers and petrol suppliers

The first part is a major issue that can't be easily addressed short term. The second part is another issue that could be addressed if the government properly regulated the market. They have a fuel watchdog that keeps an eye on price gouging, but the watchdog doesn't have any power to shut down corruption. All they can do is report on it to the media and watch as nothing gets done.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Every government is fucked but the inflation around the world and the low value of the Aussie dollar are huge factors. As are various conflicts around the world that oil suppliers always use as an excuse to Jack the price up more than usual.

As I keep saying.. If everyone united and didn't drive their cars for two days watch the price plummet. The oil companies would be fucked. People power is the only way to get them to reduce the price once people stop buying petrol but it will never happen.

Dogmonster

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Labour, always high fuel prices and interest rates.
Construction slows down and more migrants and catering to dumb minority groups.

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Every government is fucked but the inflation around the world and the low value of the Aussie dollar are huge factors. As are various conflicts around the world that oil suppliers always use as an excuse to Jack the price up more than usual.

As I keep saying.. If everyone united and didn't drive their cars for two days watch the price plummet. The oil companies would be fucked. People power is the only way to get them to reduce the price once people stop buying petrol but it will never happen.
Pretty much. If you keep paying the prices they charge, they'll keep knocking those prices up. Same as every big business unfortunately.

The supermarkets these days are turds for their price gauging too. I know there's items that they can sell for half price and still profit on. I personally have a crapload of things I'll only buy when they're on sale these days. Price gauging is the biggest modifier of my dieting habits these days. Had a few things jump up in price by 25% in one hit so I just stop buying it.

The government needs to make the ACCC strong again. I think our former government pulled their teeth and made them much less a tool to support consumers than they once were.

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Labour, always high fuel prices and interest rates.
Construction slows down and more migrants and catering to dumb minority groups.
Realistically, during the GFC, labour kept construction and other things like car sales etc running through subsidies for business loans, reduced income tax thresholds. The media aren't in favour of pointing this out though so you can make misinformed statements like this.

Migration jumped hugely under the liberal party. Their idea to keep wages low is to ensure that high demand for jobs is in place, ensuring people feel lucky to not be struggling to find a job.

longy0303

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
your paying $2.22 for fuel becuase you will pay $2.22 for fuel. if i could sell my old underwear for 1ook a pair and i had buyers lined up, i would. simple. ever since i can remeber when fuel was 50c a litre every year or 2 fuel companies increaes prices for a few months, make up some crap, there is an uproar - they make hundreds of millions if not billions in extra profit during the time, then lower prices when public outrage occurs and it starts again.

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
STRONG ADVICE FOR EVERYONE

If you fill up your tank full when prices are this high, you are not doing yourself any favors. BUDGET your refill. So for me for example, I'll only put in $20 worth of fuel, and that will get me around until the prices start to go down. Do don't fill up based on your tanks status, fill up to a budget. Then when prices go down, top-up to the top.

Secondly, download the fuel app and buy petrol at the cheaper servos.

You should only fill up your car right to the top while prices are this high if you're travelling long distance, not just to go a few suburbs away.

bricktamland

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Unfortunately the government doesn't have much of a say on that stuff. But it should.

The issue is basically:

1) Global oil and energy crisis that started on the back of supply chain issues due to Covid, but has been exacerbated by the war in Ukraine. Demand is currently at an all time high, and supplies are lower than normal

2) Price gouging by oil suppliers and petrol suppliers

The first part is a major issue that can't be easily addressed short term. The second part is another issue that could be addressed if the government properly regulated the market. They have a fuel watchdog that keeps an eye on price gouging, but the watchdog doesn't have any power to shut down corruption. All they can do is report on it to the media and watch as nothing gets done.
I’m sure it has zero to do with the wef and smart cities and how they stopped car production on gas powered cars and want us all driving electric cars and not using gas stoves, you’re stupid to even believe this is by accident. Oil is abundant, it’s all by design.

bricktamland

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
And they don’t want people driving gas cars so everyone has electric everything so when the cbdc comes in and it will to rival the brics nations. So that all electric they can just say sorry buddy you didn’t do what we asked you ate to much meat this week so you’re cut off.

Kung fu man

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Realistically, during the GFC, labour kept construction and other things like car sales etc running through subsidies for business loans, reduced income tax thresholds. The media aren't in favour of pointing this out though so you can make misinformed statements like this.

Migration jumped hugely under the liberal party. Their idea to keep wages low is to ensure that high demand for jobs is in place, ensuring people feel lucky to not be struggling to find a job.
Mate if you think the building industry goes good under Labour your in dreamland, ive been in it my whole life and everyone except union run construction dread when Labour look like taking charge.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
I’m sure it has zero to do with the wef and smart cities and how they stopped car production on gas powered cars and want us all driving electric cars and not using gas stoves, you’re stupid to even believe this is by accident. Oil is abundant, it’s all by design.
Obviously it's because Trump didn't buy enough pillows.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
This will NEVER happen because people are fucking stupid fucks who think they are smart.

Too busy fighting eachother rather than working together to achieve better lives for us.

Left v right
Vaxxed v unvaxxed
DemonRat v RepubliCunt
Sheep vs Conspiracy Theorists
Black v white
Yes v no
Coke v Pepsi

Divide and conquer.