Why are people criticising Pay

Status
Not open for further replies.

Baseball Furies

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
I agree that Fualalo is a bench player at best. There is a reason Pay brought over Priest. Personally I would put Jackson at lock though I am only a armchair critic.

I think Pay will not bring Eastwood in again up until Origin, and thats where we might see the likes of Tualau, Ogden, Toomaga. If you believe the stories that Pay does not have Tolman & Eastwood in his plans i think he should give the younger boys a go now and let them show him what they got. I think it will make life a lot easier when it comes to recruiting.

You cannot base NSW Cup form with the NRL. eg. Elliott and Lloyd Perrett were always stand outs in NSW Cup but never went up a level in the NRL. Tualau is very mellow in the NSW Cup but has always been great when giving the chance in the NRL. I think Tualau, Ogden & To'omaga will be great if given a crack and a confidence boost.

I would like to see Pay bitch slap the fuck out of Klemmer and throw him onto the bench and start Tualau and move Fualalo to the bench with Jackson to lock. Though this is just my armchair critique.

Pay like all new coach's need a couple of years to build a squad to their liking. I.e Knights and St. Merge

We are at the same stage as the Rabbitohs, a club rebuilding who have brought over fuck all. I think the Dogs and Rabbitohs will be ruthless with their recruiting for next year.
You won't fit in here mate with comments like that - being an armchair critic and all...everyone's an expert on TK :yum:

Seriously, very good comments mate, will be interesting to see how Pay manages things in the next few weeks.

Last edited:

silva

Utility
Reaction score
Create competition? We have a shitload of money locked up in our frontrow already, we can't just careless throw it around like you want. What good did having Kas on big money off the bench do for us in the overall scheme of things? Nothing. SOO is irrelevant with the new schedule.

A frontrow rotation of Woods, Klemmer, Fualalo and Tualau should be more than enough to maintain momentum to an acceptable level in attack throughout the entire 80. And yes that's what they need to do ans that's what the coach asks of them.

This idea that you have around "impact players" isn't relevant in todays game. Yes some players make more of a impact than others in defence or attack, but that doesn't define them as an "impact player". Would Taumalolo be considered an an "impact player" if he started off the bench? Fifita? Jbrom? Merrin? Taupau?

Your best forwards in each position will start because they provide the best quality of football for the required minutes, meanwhile your bench forwards can't match the quality over those minutes and that's why they're on the bench playing less minutes. Bench forwards also more often than not come up against other bench forwards as most coaches follow the same blueprint when it comes to rotations.

All our problems atm come down to poor match fitness, lack of aggression poor defence, established players not aiming up, poor selections and poor bench rotations..our roster isn't anywhere near as bad as some people want to make out, it might not be the best but it's certainly a lot better than what we're currently showing.

And again you can't tell what Fualalo does that makes him so bad. And i'm not just using stats, i'm using what i see and stats to back up things that i see. Fualalo would makd a lot of other teams 17s, i have no doubt about that.
Kas was actually one of our best players you merkin

EB18

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
No. A few people on here have this idea that Fualalo is shit yet have nothing to back it up. Chances are i'm probably not going to agree with anything else they will say.
Faulolo is gun. People that bag him obviously dont watch him closely. He was great for us last week. Other than Jackson his our best option to play lock. Fauolo is probably more suited to the bench. But unfortunately we dont have anyone good enough to play on the edge so Jackson can move to lock.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
We have defensive issues and we're still not producing much near the line. The defensive issues can be weeded out over time and you can't expect the coach to find every defensive issue during pre-season. Not getting over the line is another thing. You should at least develop some strategies during the off season.

I still put it on the players more than the coach.

Status
Not open for further replies.