Why are people criticising Pay

Status
Not open for further replies.

Real1

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Not at all. He does the job well and has plenty of time to continue to develop. So far he's averaging 8.3m per run, 8 runs over 8m and 4 runs under 8m per game atm. Defensively he averages 21.5 tackles and 1 missed tackle a game. He is doing well and the stats back it up so far.

Your idea of the bench is also extremely flawed. The bench isn't there to add an extra dimension, it's there to do it's job. Your guns come off and your benchies come on and it's there job to maintain momentum while the guns rest. We can have a bench that dies that, Pay has just messed up.
So you think kasiano and Solomona for the storm are their to just maintain momentum, or do you think their put on when players are tired so they can anihilate opposition?

Same goes with Jordan McLean and Coen Hess?

Or Dylan Napa (currently)
Junior paulo at the raiders?
Or kikau and neira from panthers??

Your bench is there for impact. Couldn’t care how many tackles my bench is making I want to see post tackle metres and high hit ups!! There meant to take your team to another level not be workhorses and make tackles

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
So you think kasiano and Solomona for the storm are their to just maintain momentum, or do you think their put on when players are tired so they can anihilate opposition?

Same goes with Jordan McLean and Coen Hess?

Or Dylan Napa (currently)
Junior paulo at the raiders?
Or kikau and neira from panthers??

Your bench is there for impact. Couldn’t care how many tackles my bench is making I want to see post tackle metres and high hit ups!! There meant to take your team to another level not be workhorses and make tackles
Half the players you named start lol. NAS is the best example of this. Bellamy could have benched him for "impact" yet he's promoted him to starting prop. You start with your best players in that position and the rest make up the bench, it's pretty simple.

Napa lol. He has been poor for a while and was relegated to the bench for that reason, Robbo promoted his better performing forwards. Mclean starts so i don't know wtf you're on about. Hess is still developing as a player and Green prefers playing him as a prop for the time being and he's not starting over Mclean or Scott. Kikau and CHN are also young players still developing but their coach is a idiot and one of the should be starting. Paulo again plays for a team with an idiot coach. Kasiano has barely played any minutes.

Your idea of the bench is totally outdated and does not match up with todays game. The bench is their to maintain intensity and do what the blokes before them did and play footy.

AucklandDog

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I agree that Fualalo is a bench player at best. There is a reason Pay brought over Priest. Personally I would put Jackson at lock though I am only a armchair critic.

I think Pay will not bring Eastwood in again up until Origin, and thats where we might see the likes of Tualau, Ogden, Toomaga. If you believe the stories that Pay does not have Tolman & Eastwood in his plans i think he should give the younger boys a go now and let them show him what they got. I think it will make life a lot easier when it comes to recruiting.

You cannot base NSW Cup form with the NRL. eg. Elliott and Lloyd Perrett were always stand outs in NSW Cup but never went up a level in the NRL. Tualau is very mellow in the NSW Cup but has always been great when giving the chance in the NRL. I think Tualau, Ogden & To'omaga will be great if given a crack and a confidence boost.

I would like to see Pay bitch slap the fuck out of Klemmer and throw him onto the bench and start Tualau and move Fualalo to the bench with Jackson to lock. Though this is just my armchair critique.

Pay like all new coach's need a couple of years to build a squad to their liking. I.e Knights and St. Merge

We are at the same stage as the Rabbitohs, a club rebuilding who have brought over fuck all. I think the Dogs and Rabbitohs will be ruthless with their recruiting for next year.

Real1

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Half the players you named start lol. NAS is the best example of this. Bellamy could have benched him for "impact" yet he's promoted him to starting prop. You start with your best players in that position and the rest make up the bench, it's pretty simple.

Napa lol. He has been poor for a while and was relegated to the bench for that reason, Robbo promoted his better performing forwards. Mclean starts so i don't know wtf you're on about. Hess is still developing as a player and Green prefers playing him as a prop for the time being and he's not starting over Mclean or Scott. Kikau and CHN are also young players still developing but their coach is a idiot and one of the should be starting. Paulo again plays for a team with an idiot coach. Kasiano has barely played any minutes.

Your idea of the bench is totally outdated and does not match up with todays game. The bench is their to maintain intensity and do what the blokes before them did and play footy.
My idea for the bench is outdated??? Hahah ok so let’s have a bunch of tolmans on the bench..... YAY THEY TACKLE!!!

Real1

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I agree that Fualalo is a bench player at best. There is a reason Pay brought over Priest. Personally I would put Jackson at lock though I am only a armchair critic.

I think Pay will not bring Eastwood in again up until Origin, and thats where we might see the likes of Tualau, Ogden, Toomaga. If you believe the stories that Pay does not have Tolman & Eastwood in his plans i think he should give the younger boys a go now and let them show him what they got. I think it will make life a lot easier when it comes to recruiting.

You cannot base NSW Cup form with the NRL. eg. Elliott and Lloyd Perrett were always stand outs in NSW Cup but never went up a level in the NRL. Tualau is very mellow in the NSW Cup but has always been great when giving the chance in the NRL. I think Tualau, Ogden & To'omaga will be great if given a crack and a confidence boost.

I would like to see Pay bitch slap the fuck out of Klemmer and throw him onto the bench and start Tualau and move Fualalo to the bench with Jackson to lock. Though this is just my armchair critique.

Pay like all new coach's need a couple of years to build a squad to their liking. I.e Knights and St. Merge

We are at the same stage as the Rabbitohs, a club rebuilding who have brought over fuck all. I think the Dogs and Rabbitohs will be ruthless with their recruiting for next year.
Hasler the dud got rid of two top juniors tapau and finicane... I agree about talau, looks too soft, no aggression - still rather anyone but tolman... Eastwood days are numbered too...

We will need a couple of years but if we make the right recrruitment we have a lot of money to spend in 2019 if we release the Morris boys, Eastwood, Frawley - all off contract... no more payments to graham

Elliot is a joke!! He reached his peak last year will not get any better...

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
My idea for the bench is outdated??? Hahah ok so let’s have a bunch of tolmans on the bench..... YAY THEY TACKLE!!!
Where on earth did i say i want Tolman on the bench or in the side for that matter? You're going from 1 extreme to the other and showing you have no real clue.

Phalangist

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Im patient with pay but it is disappointing how soft the defence has been especially when you see what the west tigers have done,definitely prepared to wait and see but he needs to sort this shit out
Cleary has had a few years to assemble. Squad

Real1

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Where on earth did i say i want Tolman on the bench or in the side for that matter? You're going from 1 extreme to the other and showing you have no real clue.
No mate, your happy that faulolo is making tackles from the bench... tolman tackles too, he does 40 a game... big whoop!! We need impact from the bench and I don’t see failolo providing that

AucklandDog

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Hasler the dud got rid of two top juniors tapau and finicane... I agree about talau, looks too soft, no aggression - still rather anyone but tolman... Eastwood days are numbered too...

We will need a couple of years but if we make the right recrruitment we have a lot of money to spend in 2019 if we release the Morris boys, Eastwood, Frawley - all off contract... no more payments to graham

Elliot is a joke!! He reached his peak last year will not get any better...
Pretty sure we wont be paying anymore of Kasianos contract as well

Real1

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
No mate, your happy that faulolo is making tackles from the bench... tolman tackles too, he does 40 a game... big whoop!! We need impact from the bench and I don’t see failolo providing that
In fact not one player on our bench provides it... hence why my OP said we should make a play for junior paulo

gibbobulldog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I heard that Ivan Cleary and Nathan Cleary might go to a club as a package deal.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Again you have no fucking clue, i just said i didn't want Tolman there and you bring him up again because why? Because you have nothing. Yh sign Jnr Paulo for 500k+ and play him off the bench, great fucking idea.

Last edited by a moderator:

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
If a player doesn't rate a player you do that's it? You don't read anymore? Lol
Funny boy you are kiddo
No. A few people on here have this idea that Fualalo is shit yet have nothing to back it up. Chances are i'm probably not going to agree with anything else they will say.

Real1

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Again you have no fucking clue, i just said i didn't want Tolman there and you bring him up again because why? Because you have nothing. Yh sign Jnr Paulo for 500k+ and play him off the bench, great fucking idea. Clueless ****.

Hahaha! No need to get all worked up bro, stay classy.... You obviously don’t see the reference, you’re happy that fualolo tackles... and he’s a benchy... why on earth you would want your defence to be a work horses I have no idea...

500k for paulo, that’s pretty cheap nowadays...

Phalangist

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
For the record I think fufalao did very well in the first game didn't notice him in the second game

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
We really needed another Pay thread

This is the big time he’s the coach and this year he has made 3 early fk ups.

1. He effectively brushed trials (save for 40 mins)
2. He got the bench wrong
3. He got the bench wrong consecutive weeks

I am prepared to give him time but I’m not going sit here and say ‘oh but he inherited this team ‘

When your team gets pumped in consecutive weeks to open up a new season of course we are going to be fkd off

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Hahaha! No need to get all worked up bro, stay classy.... You obviously don’t see the reference, you’re happy that fualolo tackles... and he’s a benchy... why on earth you would want your defence to be a work horses I have no idea...

500k for paulo, that’s pretty cheap nowadays...
And again, where on earth did i say i want workhorses on the bench? Bench players still nees to be able to make their tackles ffs.

Fualalo has the 2nd highest average for metres per run of any middle forward in our side, he has also broke more tackles than any of our other middle forwards. So again what is actually wrong with Fualalo? I can't see it and the stats don't point to anything majorly wrong so what is it?

500k for a bench player is stupid, simple as that. Thw only time you should have a 500k bench player is when you relegate your starter or you throw big coin to hold onto a youngster that is yet to fully develop and habdle the starting role as well as others. Simply forking out that much just for a player to add impact off the bench us crazy.

Status
Not open for further replies.