Who will be our 2015 Fullback?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
All the rumours of backline players with us, they can't all be true...... who the hell knows who we would select to play if so.

We could use 1, and no more really.
Think if we land B Morris we could still fit a good fullback in our line up.

Perrett is solid though could go back to the wing for sure.

Ahecee

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Think if we land B Morris we could still fit a good fullback in our line up.

Perrett is solid though could go back to the wing for sure.
BMoz is a winger, so is Thompson, if we sign a FB, so is Perrett (and Stanley), so, who is out?

jo_95

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
if we somehow get brett morris and stewart... i dont know but ****

1. stewart
2. b morris
3. j morris (healthy)
4. lafai
5. perrett/stanley/thompson/rona

is crazy good. anyone else got a better backline then that?

but im dreaming dont think it would happen
a few that are comparable, but assuming JMoz is,back to his best next year I would doubt any are better.

Izzy Forreal

Much Loved Bulldogs Member
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Yeah but look at slater, he couldn't be much taller than thompson could he?
Slater - 178cm 89 kg
Thompson - 179cm 92 kg.
And in the grand final Corey Thompson took a high ball that came down over his shoulder while he was going towards his own line to get to it.

On top of that he is a good defender and a real goer in attack.

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
BMoz is a winger, so is Thompson, if we sign a FB, so is Perrett (and Stanley), so, who is out?
Thompson. Hell I like the kid, though I think he will struggle competing with Rona.

Ahecee

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Thompson. Hell I like the kid, though I think he will struggle competing with Rona.
Yeh, Rona and Loko in that mix too........ I hope Bmoz happens, not sure about the rest...... and to be honest, glad Des has to make the call on who misses out and not me. Our possible backline already has more first grade players than spots (excluding injury).

I'd love to see the Bmoz signing, but the other rumoured signings are problematic.

( it is quite possible we have gone for quantity over quality here, but, I still don't see our line up as one that needs very many signings....... out possibly NSW cup squad is looking like being too good)

DogsFan4Life

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yeh, Rona and Loko in that mix too........ I hope Bmoz happens, not sure about the rest...... and to be honest, glad Des has to make the call on who misses out and not me. Our possible backline already has more first grade players than spots (excluding injury).

I'd love to see the Bmoz signing, but the other rumoured signings are problematic.

( it is quite possible we have gone for quantity over quality here, but, I still don't see our line up as one that needs very many signings....... out possibly NSW cup squad is looking like being too good)
I was thinking the same ,at least when I go make that trip to belmore next year will be more enjoyable to watch in the nsw cup than this year .i wonder if mbye will play in the halves and hokko recovers through surgery eased back through the nsw cup .You guys reckon this will happen?

Kiraz Crazy

Hasler_For_PM
Reaction score
I can't see Stewart & Morris fitting in our cap.

Say Morris gets the reported 500k. Stewart a reported 600-800k. Thats 1.1-1.3mil. Fifita's money was 850k. Still 300-500K unaccounted for.

Hoffman & Morris is believable as there is no way they take more then 1mil.
Inu was on 220k i believe

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Out of everyone commenting recently, aren't we all forgetting the distinct possibility of the Mata'Utia's ???

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
I was under the impression that it would be 2016 as well, but who knows what will happen, sort of no point in signing anyone else bar B.Moz is they end up coming.... Shame we probably won't really know 100% until June 13

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
I was under the impression that it would be 2016 as well, but who knows what will happen, sort of no point in signing anyone else bar B.Moz is they end up coming.... Shame we probably won't really know 100% until June 13
I still think the matautai bros are more replacements for perrett and maybe stanley and thompson and loko by. 2016

DaPingPongKing

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I urge people not to get their hopes up with the Mata'utia boys until June 13. Been burnt too many times before.

habs

xdf
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
Agree hopefully with us.

Perrett would maybe retire by then and is off contract. Would take #1
Or Bmoz plays fb next year, and Sione grabs it the following year.

Bakes

The REAL Bakes
Reaction score
Sione said last night at the Knights awards that he wants to stay at Newcastle.
Looks like they were just using us to bump price up.

Status
Not open for further replies.