Opinion Who was a better 7. Lewis or Flano

Who was a better 7. Lewis or Flano ?

• Total voters

Teddybear

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Oh please, lewis took the line on , played his guts out and played like a bulldog and didnt die wondering, he intimidated the opposition and lead from the front.
Flanno has no balls, he has been given the farm but defintely no shepherd thats for sure.
Lewis is up there with the worst player to ever pull on a dogs jersey let alone hb
Flannigan is leggless but still better than lewis
The only facebook liked him was because of his shiny locks

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
Foran would have been immense for Burtons development. Foran wanted 2 seasons and the Dogs only said 1.
Then manky swooped in with a lower offer and a 2nd year club option.
2nd year Club option deal = 1 yr deal really.
It’s actually worse for Foran because if he excels he only gets the 300k or so and not more and if he’s shit he’s punted anyway
We just should have added ‘option’ and he was ours it seems
To me this is gross mismanagement.

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
I think there is a potential for flanno there somewhere. Everyone can see it is why he’s floated club to club on big bucks but he’s just not realising through his running game.

He’s lucky he looks and feels like a diet cleary and ppl think of him when they see flanno but they is wrong yo

oldpuppy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think there is a potential for flanno there somewhere. Everyone can see it is why he’s floated club to club on big bucks but he’s just not realising through his running game.

He’s lucky he looks and feels like a diet cleary and ppl think of him when they see flanno but they is wrong yo
My friend with all due respect, if flanno had potential it would have surfaced by now. If his excuse is that he's coached by us to play that way, then he needs to beg Gus for a release. Because just like Lewis and perhaps Lichaa, he won't be touched by another club if he continually plays this way.

Foxalldayeveryday

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Lewis is up there with the worst player to ever pull on a dogs jersey let alone hb
Flannigan is leggless but still better than lewis
The only facebook liked him was because of his shiny locks
Ben Roberts was the worst player to put a jersey on. Don't kid yourself.

deimus

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Lewis was probably up there with the worst players who ever played for our club.

vegny

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Flanagan has a better understanding of the game imo. Just hasnt got the athleticism/speed.
Lewis had the confidence and balls to try things. Sometimes he got the result and that made him looked better than he actually was.

blue & white blood

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Lewis looked OK in some woefully weak Dean Pay teams. I know we want a bit more than just "OK" but I struggle to think of anybody who actually looked good in those teams. Maybe Rhyse Martin, who Pay squeezed out because he was too fat, and who went on to become one of the best players in ESL, and the best goal kicker in the World!

Lewis was punted around the time Barrett became our titular head coach, and I have to assume it was Barrett - a former international half who should have had some clue about half back play - who made the decision to get rid of a reasonable half and replace him with a dud.
And while we are at it don't forget Meany, he was a definite keeper look at him now, he would have bean a great acquisition in our current team, he probably would have resolved our fullback woes.

Bad Billy

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I don’t think Flanno is shit at all.
I’ve seen too many classy touches dotted throughout his career for them to be flukes.
I think he has a crisis of confidence.
Unfortunately for him, we’re not a mental health clinic, we’re a footy club, and we need a half who can play now, not in 5 years, after we’ve re-built him.

gibbo2

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
It would of been good to see Lewis in a better team tbh . He played off the back of the Desball era where the talent had been eroded. He helped us fight off a wooden spoon which we should of gotten in all honesty looking at the line up cobbled together . Dean Pay got sold a hospital pass having to coach that rabble of a roster

bradtalo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I remember a game where Lewis had 3 try assists.

Flano (even with much better players around him) isn't capable of coming up with 1 try assist in 3 games. No chance Flano would ever get 3 in 1 game. Like others have said here at least Lewis put his body on the line and he got a few decent hits because of it. Flano is just a cat and a 7 with no balls simply doesn't deserve to play 1 game of NRL let alone all the chances he's had. I think BBO and even Wakeham deserved more chances ahead of Flano.

I'd rather see literally "anyone" be our 7 ahead of Flano because at least they would have potential where Flano has already proven dozens of times that he has f..king none. The sooner he's kicked out of NRL the better.

Last edited:

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score

Flano (even with much better players around him) isn't capable of coming up with 1 try assist in 3 games. No chance Flano would ever get 3 in 1 game. Like others have said here at least Lewis put his body on the line and he got a few decent hits because of it. Flano is just a cat and a 7 with no balls simply doesn't deserve to play 1 game of NRL let alone all the chances he's had. I think BBO and even Wakeham deserved more chances ahead of Flano
Flanagan had 3 try assists in round 1 2021. Flanagan also puts his body on the line lol. There's plenty of ways to criticise him without making things up :tearsofjoy:

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score

Flano (even with much better players around him) isn't capable of coming up with 1 try assist in 3 games. No chance Flano would ever get 3 in 1 game.
Its like comparing apples with oranges. Lewis had more flare but also made many more mistakes. Flanagan is safer but has no x factor. Maybe if we mashed their DNA together we might get an ok half.

bradtalo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Its like comparing apples with oranges. Lewis had more flare but also made many more mistakes. Flanagan is safer but has no x factor. Maybe if we mashed their DNA together we might get an ok half.
Yes I'd probably still prefer someone who tries and even fails sometimes than someone who just doesn't have a go. It's like when we played Desball and we were playing like we were more focused on trying not to lose. I'd rather see our team throw the ball around and not die wondering.

albatross

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
It's like comparing a shit sandwich and a shit sandwich with sauce. Even if you switch which one has sauce on any given day, they're both still shit.

It's almost like I want to lose cause winning saves flanno for another week (I said 'almost' but fuck me)!

habs

xdf
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
And while we are at it don't forget Meany, he was a definite keeper look at him now, he would have bean a great acquisition in our current team, he probably would have resolved our fullback woes.
Resolved our fullback woes. Lol. Meaney is a reserve grader.

bradtalo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Gee can't remember that.
Flanagan had 3 try assists in round 1 2021. Flanagan also puts his body on the line lol. There's plenty of ways to criticise him without making things up :tearsofjoy:
Seems he must have regressed since then. Should have been the opposite way around. He should be getting better, not worse