Opinion Who was a better 7. Lewis or Flano

Who was a better 7. Lewis or Flano ?

• Total voters

bradtalo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Like most fans I'm so over Flano but I've read a few on here say Flano is worth keeping in the team because of his defence. Seriously ?

If we're willing to do that I now think we would have been better off keeping Lewis who also had a stronger kicking game.

I'm interested to know if you agree that Lewis was actually a better player than Flano because if we do (as I suspect) then it just shows we've gone backwards.

Heckler

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Like most fans I'm so over Flano but I've read a few on here say Flano is worth keeping in the team because of his defence. Seriously ?

If we're willing to do that I now think we would have been better off keeping Lewis who also had a stronger kicking game.

I'm interested to know if you agree that Lewis was actually a better player than Flano because if we do (as I suspect) then it just shows we've gone backwards.
Both good defenders..Both shit attackers.

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
Lewis did alot of good things on the field but then did alot of dumb shit too.

Flanno doesnt do the dumb shit, but doesnt do the good shit either.

I personally rather Lewis, on his day he could be a matchwinner. Rare, but was able.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Both shit attackers.

But Flanno no question. Lewis put his body on the line but he was a spot player. Flanagan by far the better defender.

Moedogg

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Lewis kicking game was better than Flanno but both we're shit.

Philistine

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Lewis looked OK in some woefully weak Dean Pay teams. I know we want a bit more than just "OK" but I struggle to think of anybody who actually looked good in those teams. Maybe Rhyse Martin, who Pay squeezed out because he was too fat, and who went on to become one of the best players in ESL, and the best goal kicker in the World!

Lewis was punted around the time Barrett became our titular head coach, and I have to assume it was Barrett - a former international half who should have had some clue about half back play - who made the decision to get rid of a reasonable half and replace him with a dud.

Papa Joe

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Lewis by miles......

WALLY THAT IS, and he wasn't even a 7

Moedogg

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I remember a game down in Melbourne in 2019 under Dean Pay where Lewis played one of his best games. Melbourne were expected to put a score on us but we ended up losing by 2 points because Martin missed the opportunity to send it to golden point.

Lewis kicking game that day was great. He kicked early to the corners and constantly turned Melbourne's big forwards around.

I doubt Flanno would've been able to pull that off.

There was that game against South's as well. Where he frustrated the fuck out of Sam Burgess with his defense.

JayBee

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I’d rather eat the shit of a horse than make that decision.

Click one button - get AIDs
Click the other? - Also AIDs

WillieMasonFan

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I kind of enjoyed watching the team with LL in there. He would do some interesting things and then just start passing the ball onto the next guy as if it was his first game of rugby league and then he would come out and do something really unhinged ....

JackDog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
LL could tackle well, wasn't a great defender. So often he'd run out of the line to put on a hero shot, leaving the defensive line in tatters. KF is a better defender, but not as good at putting on the big shot.

LL can kick better, but KF can pass better...at least when he passes it goes to someone on the field, not in row E.

KF is an emo soul, LL is a klepto soul

Dog shit is normally easier to dispose of, but cats generally bury it for you (often in someone else's yard too).

I call shenanigans...not fair to pose such dilemma questions on a Friday