Who still here believes we can make the 8?

Who still here believes we can make the 8?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

blue & white blood

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I live in hope. But we probably needed to start better. Given that we have a young side if they can have enough faith in themselves it's possible. Will need to have a strong run to even get to the middle of the ladder right now. I won't give up hope until the fat lady sings.
I LOVE MY BULLDOGS JUST AS MUCH AS ALL OF YOU DO, THEY ARE NOT JUST A RUGBY LEAGUE TEAM BUT A RELIGION TO ME, AND I WILL SUPPORT THE BLUE AND WHITE TILL THE END NO MATTER WHAT, BUT TO BE REALISTIC, 2019 P.S. I HOPE I'M WRONG

Trafford10

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
A young team and a long season.
We are no going to make the top 8
And you can expect more big loses also.

I'm hoping to see the signs that the team many challenge for the top 8 next season.

Bad Billy

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Half the comp is on the same points as us.
If we were to go on a little bit of a run, we may sneak in. Our F/A has been gangbanged by the warriors and dragons though, and it’ll be impossible to repair that, so we’ll have to win an extra game to do it.

Wolfmother

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Even a chain made out of reinforced steel will break if there's a weak link , and there's at least 2 weak links

NallaC

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Unlikely but not impossible. Defientley need to string 4 or 5 wins in row soon.

Bull Terrier

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
I do, go on laugh call me a dickhead. I put a bet on at the tab fir them to make the 8 before the season started. No i dont bet had to get the guy that works there to do it. I look at it this way played 7 rounds anything can happen. We string some wins together. Our young boys are improving every game. Heaps of teams struggling to win. Sharks, warriors, cowboys, who would of thought they would be struggling to win. My heart for the dogs over rules my money . I like what there doing and how there playing so yeah lets go for the 8 if we get knocked out once we get there still great effort

Shire Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I’m just looking at one game at a time
Hope we knock of Manly especially without turbo and DCE
It would be nice to have Napa back,big bonus
Expect to see a more polished performance and less mistakes
The team should be buying into pays game plan by now
A very winnable game

Mr. Ditkovich

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I do, go on laugh call me a dickhead. I put a bet on at the tab fir them to make the 8 before the season started. No i dont bet had to get the guy that works there to do it. I look at it this way played 7 rounds anything can happen. We string some wins together. Our young boys are improving every game. Heaps of teams struggling to win. Sharks, warriors, cowboys, who would of thought they would be struggling to win. My heart for the dogs over rules my money . I like what there doing and how there playing so yeah lets go for the 8 if we get knocked out once we get there still great effort
I’ve got a budget of $5 a season, so naturally I put it on Bulldogs to make the grand final.

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Always hopeful , but realistically little chance ... if napa and Foran never got injured things may have been different, but having your 2 best players sidelined is disruptive especially when your trying to bulid momentum and cohesion in a new side..

surfdog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
everything would need to go right starting with winning the next 3, hitting teams at the right time through origin period and the kids not dropping off at the back end of the season. im thinking we finish the year with 9-10 wins

Berries

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Watch us snag a game against Souths, Melb or Roosters but have the Titans, Knights or Sharks put 50 on us

Novdoggie

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'd say eighth place needs 28 points minimum with a good for and against and the way ours is currently -62 we will need to reach 30 points because I'd doubt we have the capability of smashing teams and having a superior for and against than other teams. To be safe 13 more wins should do it.

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
I'd say eighth place needs 28 points minimum with a good for and against and the way ours is currently -62 we will need to reach 30 points because I'd doubt we have the capability of smashing teams and having a superior for and against than other teams. To be safe 13 more wins should do it.

are you ignoring the byes? 30-4 = 26 points = total of 13 wins needed. We have 2 wins already.

JayBee

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
If we can be 5-5 by round 11, maybe.

We are up against a DCE-less Manly, followed by a grudge match against The Chloecastle Knights, followed by the Tits, who just lost one of their best players for the season.

Not saying it aint possible, but the next 3 weeks will determine whether we win the spoon, or finish 15th IMHO

Novdoggie

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
are you ignoring the byes? 30-4 = 26 points = total of 13 wins needed. We have 2 wins already.
I did your right, at least 11 games. I really think this year will come down to for and against because the comp is so close the bottom 8 teams are beating top 8 teams more regularly so 11 games would be an absolute minimum. At least two upsets out of storm,roosters and rabbits will be needed. Not out of the question if we play our best footy.