Who still here believes we can make the 8?

Who still here believes we can make the 8?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
Anything is possible if we start getting that extra try but will struggle against the top four.

albatross

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
No, but I just want to see some of the young guys find their feet. That's what this season is about for me. Cogger is coming along nice, Reimus is going good, and hopefully a couple of others will improve with experience. Meaney looks good but needs to find open space more often - I reckon he'll get there. Lewis, I'm unsure of. He's got plenty of confidence and grunt, but maybe he's in the wrong position? Ogden will be a FG quality forward and Renouf must be going OK to get in the NSW residents side (so has Harper). Fualalo has definitely improved.

Pity Foran is clogging up so much salary cap cause we can probably afford a class dummy half but we need a great half (fit) too, and a centre. Cogger / Wakeham in the halves could be worth a try this year?

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
10 out of 14.

who is still confident?

c-b-b

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
^^^ After winning by 6 points against a team coming 14th, not really.

Baseball Furies

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
No, but I just want to see some of the young guys find their feet. That's what this season is about for me. Cogger is coming along nice, Reimus is going good, and hopefully a couple of others will improve with experience. Meaney looks good but needs to find open space more often - I reckon he'll get there. Lewis, I'm unsure of. He's got plenty of confidence and grunt, but maybe he's in the wrong position? Ogden will be a FG quality forward and Renouf must be going OK to get in the NSW residents side (so has Harper). Fualalo has definitely improved.

Pity Foran is clogging up so much salary cap cause we can probably afford a class dummy half but we need a great half (fit) too, and a centre. Cogger / Wakeham in the halves could be worth a try this year?
Just seeing Foran hobble around in the background yesterday was really concerning.

If he makes it through this contract, I’d say he’ll retire...

Moey

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
We wont make it but as long as we put in the effort like yesterday then thats all we can ask for.

It was nice to see Cogger step up a gear, having Foran there as his other half has really helped his game. Let's hope that continues.

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
this season seems to have a strange resemblance to last year

LordSidious66

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
We could but its not likely. The team is still young but as long as they put in the effort it can build up confidence in the young guys so we can be a credible threat in the comp for years to come.

Vek

Kennel Established
Reaction score
^^^ After winning by 6 points against a team coming 14th, not really.
Not to mention barely winning after fumbling it twice and being lucky refs called the play back or else titans would have scored two tries....

We got stupid lucky at the end.

kaluah8123

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
So basically in 12 months we have scored less and leaked more points

Last year was more disruptive with injuries, rumours and eventually facts of players getting moved on

We have regressed
The caliber of last years squad compared to last year is chalk and cheese. Experience all over the park. 2x origin international props, 2x origin internationals in moz’s. To be in the same predicament as last year losing this experience shows on paper that some pups have come in and filled the void.
Mind you we had to put up with Lichaa at hooker and JMK in the halves during this period.

zappa

Punk in Drublic
Reaction score
Nah not this year unfortunately.
Those narrow losses in games we could’ve and maybe should’ve won will hurt us for the rest of the season now and leave us no margin for error.

Win against Melbourne we’d still be in 14th,

Win against Souths as well and we’d be in 9th.

If we got over Manly and won all 3 of those games we’d be in 5th and being spoken about as a smoky haha.

silva

Utility
Reaction score
We are better placed then we were this time last year. And we have a fit foran. Its up to the boys. If they really want it theyl get it.

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Realistically no.!! But in saying that, if we play some perfect footy, and get a few more wins, anything is possible.

Just be happy to see more effort like yesterday and be able to celebrate a few more for the remainder..!!!

Doggies :grinning:

habibsta

Kennel Established
Reaction score
On current table 100000%

But the boys are young and after a win they fall into a safe shell of focussing on completions as opposed to enterprise hopefullu Foran stays fit and keeps them firing ..

Tbh this is one of the weakest NRL comps I’ve seen salary cap is killing the game... there is barely a superstar insight other than a cam smith Latrell and Munster it’s fairly week across the board

Bull Terrier

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
I am going to say yes. For me it depends on foran. This squad plays well when his fit and playing. Terrible mistakes yesterday and refs one sided penalty count cost us but we still won. Also a few more wins and wont take long to sneak up that ladder. Think we are capable of beating anyone. 15 games to go includes a bye why not

Last edited:

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Ive said this from the start having the youngest team in nrl we will make some mistakes and start to gel and improve after half way mark and surprise a few people,would love to see foz lead our young squad and cause some upsets

James zac

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

James zac

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Only two wins out of the 8 glimmer of hope in that never know thought the team did well yesterday to surmount the obstacles they did first 20 penalty count etc