Who should apologise? Blue_boost or + sized people?

Blue_boost

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Who should apologise? The + sized people or blue_boost?

I was walking past a cafe and saw someone I knew from a previous job. I stopped and as we made through the pleasantries, the person said that I looked well. I said yeah I’ve lost 5kg in the last month, sort of tapping my belly. Stopped my sugar intake, more cardio at the gym etc.. the person sitting down said we all should be going to the gym and eating well. we were talking about personal fitness and looking well for a Minute or so.

then I lookup and at the next table there is a bigger woman sitting there over hearing our conversation whilst excavating into a pastrie of some sort. She was visibly angry at our talk and gave us the death stare.

I sort of felt bad as our discussion was about looking good. I wasn’t in any way directing my health speak towards her. It was a bit awkward so I said see ya and went on my way.

should I have to apologise and feel bad about talking about healthy living choices? Do I have to be considerate to everyone in a cafe before I speak?

I know it’s not nice to “belittle” anyone, but I wasnt speaking to her. Didn’t see her.

Should the lady apologise for listening into our chat? She wasn’t small but is that my doing?

who should apologise and why?

Last edited:

Blue_boost

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Not making this up… but very next day I’m at the servo.. waiting for car in front of me to move..

then this big lady walks out the servo to the car in front of me.. it was the same bigger lady from the cafe!

I said out loud to myself… oh not her again. come on.. who should apologise?

Last edited:

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
If it wasnt directed at her personally bad luck, suck shit, fvck off..

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score

I was walking past a cafe and saw someone I knew from a previous job. I stopped and as we made through the pleasantries, the person said that I looked well. I said yeah I’ve lost 5kg in the last month, sort of tapping my belly. Stopped my sugar intake, more cardio at the gym etc.. the person sitting down said we all should be going to the gym and eating well. we were talking about personal fitness and looking well for a Minute or so.

then I lookup and at the next table there is a bigger woman sitting there over hearing our conversation whilst excavating into a pastrie of some sort. She was visibly angry at our talk and gave us the death stare.

I sort of felt bad as our discussion was about looking good. I wasn’t in any way directing my health speak towards her. It was a bit awkward so I said see ya and went on my way.

should I have to apologise and feel bad about talking about healthy living choices? Do I have to be considerate to everyone in a cafe before I speak?

I know it’s not nice to “belittle” anyone, but I wasnt speaking to her. Didn’t see her.

Should the lady apologise for listening into our chat? She wasn’t small but is that my doing?

She should apologise for eaves dropping on your private conversation.

Also, it's not your fault she was digging into something fatty while you were there talking about fitness.

You have nothing to be ashamed of.

John Matrix

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
The truth hurts especially when those who hear it know that they can make change but they don't want to put in the effort, your comments weren't directed at her.

JayBee

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Fuck no.

If you are plus sized, then by and large, you have made decisions that are not in the best interest of your own health. And if it’s genetic, or some shit that makes it difficult - guess fucking what? Adapt!

Im a tall mother fucker - and I have the duck in so many situations to avoid having my head smacked by shit that was built by smurfs. Yeah, I could just sooo and whinge. But no. I just alter my movement so I don’t come home with 17 bruises.

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
When you referred to your belly her ears may have pricked up thinking you had pork belly
50C3B8B8-F3C6-4A96-844E-76057676DCE7.jpeg

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
My favourite reference on + size people is on the office (US version).
Todd Packer has to apologise to staff for his behaviour and he say to group of fat people "to all you XXLs I'm sorry"

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Fat people should be bullied imho. All those insane weight loss transformations you see the individual always talks about being bullied and how it fueled the desire to be better and make a change. Once they make that change then the bullying needs to stop because you should never make fun of a person trying to better themselves.

I kind of wish I got bullied about my physical appearance when i was younger, I might've turned it a beast of a specimen and improved my standing in society.

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
Fat people should be bullied imho. All those insane weight loss transformations you see the individual always talks about being bullied and how it fueled the desire to be better and make a change. Once they make that change then the bullying needs to stop because you should never make fun of a person trying to better themselves.

I kind of wish I got bullied about my physical appearance when i was younger, I might've turned it a beast of a specimen and improved my standing in society.
I actually think for the younger ones, part of the responsibility lies with the parents. They need to teach their kids self control, because the longer they leave it, the harder it gets.

belmore_utd

Pro Golf Hack
Reaction score
She should apologise to you and the rest of us tax payers for having to subsidise her bs lifestyle choices. Inevitable expensive healthcare, extra wear and tear on roads and other public serviceways, offensive odour or even worse having breath the overtly noxious scents that cover the b.o stench.

As an aside laying eyes on one of these behemoths doesn make it noticeably easier to stick to a diet.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
I actually think for the younger ones, part of the responsibility lies with the parents. They need to teach their kids self control, because the longer they leave it, the harder it gets.
Society glorifies a fat lifestyle, nothing will change until that stops. My dad literally got offended because his doctor called him obese, fat **** went and got a new doctor so it isn't just a young person thing :tearsofjoy:

The_Chimpster

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
People like her should apologize to society for those poor souls having to witness cellulite mudflaps in public. I recently returned from a trip to a water park and some of the orchas wearing a tiny g strings thinking they looked good made me want to pluck out both eye balls and hurl myself off of the tallest slide there.

It's fucking disgusting

Memberberries

Desball 4 life
Gilded
Reaction score

You need to catch up with me in public one day.
I am guilty for speaking politically incorrect out loud and rustling the feathers of a few sissies!

Blue_boost

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I noticed that shop “big city chic” that makes clothes for big women changed its name to “city chic”

did someone get embarrassed or offended

HD and Ink

Kennel Established
Reaction score

1st well done man on the 5kgs....of weight loss.

I dont get why you need to apologize talking to somebody not you fault she was listening. Maybe you might have done her some good and she improves her diet.

In fact reckon I could lose 5kg myself so got me thinking of going cold turkey on the sugar.

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
@Blue_boost
Was doing a shift at a venue last night, these 2 heavy and I mean heavy set ladies came in with 4 dominoes pizzas, this place is cafe/ bar ,and we're taking up the seating of 6 people . More than a few people made comments of WTF ,but they were buying drinks.
If I had free run of the situation it would more than likely end up with a law suite. How do I handle this situation when it arises again