• Burns

Votes: 22 20.8%
  • Kiraz and bring Skeleton in on the wing

Votes: 42 39.6%

• Total voters

Glenn L

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
After watching the All stars game plus today's trial, it's pretty clear that Perham is a reserve grader. I swear Perret and Hoppa who were solid defensively have more attacking threat than this guy.

We don't have many options. Averillo doesn't seem to have improved but he sucks less at FB than his other positions.
I was shocked at how much pace Averillo looks to have lost. He was on the treadmill in that last 20 when Kennedy ate him up.

D- voice

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
After watching the All stars game plus today's trial, it's pretty clear that Perham is a reserve grader. I swear Perret and Hoppa who were solid defensively have more attacking threat than this guy.

We don't have many options. Averillo doesn't seem to have improved but he sucks less at FB than his other positions.
I've said it before
" training is one thing playing is another "
" trials are for a reason "
We can't afford to keep sacrificing the whole team for the sake of one individual !!!
My 1st round spine would be
1 Burns
6 Burton
7 Reynolds
9 Mahoney
14 Brown
We have a lot to gain and nothing to lose !!!

Philistine

Kennel Established
Reaction score
It's sackcloth and ashes time because we lost a trial game in our first real hit-out against a top four team that has been together for a year. We were actually on top until we lost Kikau.

We also had to contend with one of the worst and most one sided refereeing performances I can remember. Instead of simply copping it on the chin, we should be making a formal complaint to the NRL, with video footage to support our complaint.

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
I've said it before
" training is one thing playing is another "
" trials are for a reason "
We can't afford to keep sacrificing the whole team for the sake of one individual !!!
My 1st round spine would be
1 Burns
6 Burton
7 Reynolds
9 Mahoney
14 Brown
We have a lot to gain and nothing to lose !!!
Yup spot on. I would also go the same for the 1,6,7,9

Harry Oz

Kennel Established
Reaction score
the biggest problem is that our halves aren't doing anything to get our fullback into the game.. the one or two times Perham got the ball in the strike zone he was flat footed and the defence was set.
A good example of the Flanagan problem was the bad pass from Mahoney on the Sharks line late in 2nd half.
Mahoney passed in front of Waddell without realising he was standing still next to Flanagan. Brown had made a decoy run.
Flanagan and Waddell were less than 2 metres apart.
Waddell let the ball bounce in front of him & Flanagan picked it up on the bounce. Ran around in a circle.
It was a complete mess which made Mahoney look bad.
Flanagan did not take control of Waddell or Brown.
This was not a one-off situation in yesterday's game.
Just waving your hand around in the direction of the outside backs is not organising.
A proper 7 takes control of each and every play. Which also means organising 2, 3 or 4 plays ahead.
The reason the whole structure collapsed just 2 trial games into the season is because the current 7 cannot organise the side.
Players like Waddell think they can come on and lift the side with a big hit up or tackle. It's what Tolman used to do. It looks desperate and spreads like a virus to all the other players.
It's more than Flanagan is terrible at just about every aspect of half back play. The real problem is there is an on-field leadership vacuum and he makes it worse.

If Flanagan can't take control and if Rajab or BBO or Oloapu are not ready, then we might as well go for the next best thing to handle pressure, which is to confuse the opposition.

That means Captain Chaos Reynolds.

jof

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wonder how much the Knights paid for Miller. They got an actual fullback for probably half of our $800K/4 year gamble.

rand0m3r

Since 1994
Reaction score
give 1 back to jake, at least he has speed. perham needs to work on his handling.

DogsOfWar1704

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Avo or even burns looked decent.
Is Wilson top 30?

pupmichelle

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
We didn't learn our lesson from Bmoz.
Atleast Bmoz had that explosive burst of power and speed off the mark

Crichton has none of that and is a snail off the mark

Dont expect him to get out sets rolling

Should of thrown that money at to'o who is another forward on the wing....atleast you would get more value for money

Cartel

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I cant believe that Corey Thompson and Will Hopoate would be better options at FB than what we have available

Bulldogsteve

Banned
Premium Member
In the Sin Bin
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Certainly was, looks like he has the goods.
The question, is he ready ?
anyone got a report on the NSW cup? they got toweled up apparently

D- voice

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Reports say Ciraldo has waited 8 years to sign Perham so he must see something that we don't.
I wouldn't easily give up on any player but his last two games where very ordinary,
Time at fullback in reserve might do him wonders.

Last edited:

Bulldogsteve

Banned
Premium Member
In the Sin Bin
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
I wouldn't easily give up on any player but his last two games where very ordinary,
Time at fullback in reserve might him wonders.
i said when he signed it was purely back up player, now he is our answer at FB which is a worry