• Burns

Votes: 22 20.8%
  • Kiraz and bring Skeleton in on the wing

Votes: 42 39.6%

• Total voters

Moedogg

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Back to fullback, I’m very concerned with Perham. He was a fifth string fullback at the Eels six months ago. Now he’s the starting first grade fullback for The Bulldogs?
Was trash in All stars and trial.
Doesn’t look good, hope I’m wrong.
I've got no idea what they see in him but from what I read on the Eels forum is that he's got skills and can play in the halves ..

Harry Oz

Kennel Established
Reaction score
FMD, your are really stretching here, how the fark does Flanagan positioning himself 2 metres form Waddell make Mahoney pass the ball at Waddell's feet? It was shit pass and Mahoney knew it, the expression on his face after he threw it gave it away.

Brown was the dummy half when he was on, he is the one in control from the play the ball. All 1/2's point out to the players where they should be, can't talk to them, standard practise due to crowd noise and the opposition can hear you.

Bullshit, for a start the 5/8 and 1/2 in most teams on most plays are on opposite sides of the field. So it is ultimately the dummy half with his vision that determines the next play with his decision on who to pass it to. Plus the first pass of the ruck is not always the 1/2 or the 5/8. The reality is that less than half of the on field play by play decisions are the responsibility of the 1/2.

Mahony and Burton are the Captains and as 5/8 and dummy half they take far more responsibility than Flanagan.

Always a possibility, he is the most experienced player in the squad.

Always a Bulldog
I don't want to get into one of those endless, increasingly abusive exchanges about 2 seconds of a trial game, but thanks for taking the time.

Bulldogsteve

Banned
Premium Member
In the Sin Bin
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Back to fullback, I’m very concerned with Perham. He was a fifth string winger at the Eels six months ago. Now he’s the starting first grade fullback for The Bulldogs?
Was trash in All stars and trial.
Doesn’t look good, hope I’m wrong.
lets all hope you are, CC said on SEN this morning that perham will start at FB and Jake will start at centre

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Perham at fullback and people think Ciraldo gonna break our premiership drought... looool

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Perham at fullback and people think Ciraldo gonna break our premiership drought... looool
I'd prefer Averillo started but either way it's not like we have an abundance of quality options right now.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
I'd prefer Averillo started but either way it's not like we have an abundance of quality options right now.
Same will be true next year when we bring in an overpaid centre with a proven track record of being average at fullback to play there. Ciraldo is a dud lol

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Same will be true next year when we bring in an overpaid centre with a proven track record of being average at fullback to play there. Ciraldo is a dud lol
Love your positivity.. Good to see you've written off our coach before he's even coached a regular season game for us.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Love your positivity.. Good to see you've written off our coach before he's even coached a regular season game for us.
The writing is on the wall, fam. I mean Crichton at fullback....really?

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
The writing is on the wall, fam. I mean Crichton at fullback....really?
I'm not a massive fan of the signing at the price or convinced he will be a good long term fullback but he's going to be a Bulldog so we don't have much choice but to support him and hope it works out well.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
I'm not a massive fan of the signing at the price or convinced he will be a good long term fullback but he's going to be a Bulldog so we don't have much choice but to support him and hope it works out well.
Nice to hear you say that. You should apply the same philosophy to the 'gun, baby!

Seriously, nothing against Crichton. Signing players to play out of position just doesn't fill me with confidence that Ciraldo has got the right stuff.

CMP

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
lets all hope you are, CC said on SEN this morning that perham will start at FB and Jake will start at centre
I think this will be a test of CC right from the top.

He has slated Perham at fullback early in the preseason and he isn’t about to throw that work away.

I really hope he does actually show something. I hope his trials so far are just getting out some nerves and he kills it. I have real doubts on what I watched.

Barrett failed badly because he kept staying loyal to his preseason plan. Week after week it wasn’t working. I hope CC reacts quickly where changes are required.

Benno Bulldog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I shit canned Casey on his debut came out strong his next game…I’m sure Perham overcooked it here…but still think we need someone of Reynolds years to settle these kids down and get them into a groove…

Bulldogsteve

Banned
Premium Member
In the Sin Bin
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
I shit canned Casey on his debut came out strong his next game…I’m sure Perham overcooked it here…but still think we need someone of Reynolds years to settle these kids down and get them into a groove…
reynolds i see fighting out for 14 with Brown, he wont be a starter in the first 3rounds depending on results

Bulldogsteve

Banned
Premium Member
In the Sin Bin
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
i think everyone did with Casey