• Burns

Votes: 22 20.8%
  • Kiraz and bring Skeleton in on the wing

Votes: 42 39.6%

• Total voters

Brendan7

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Think you have to give Perham 6 weeks, funnily looked better in the last 20 when useless Flanno was hooked (hopefully for good)

not saying Perham makes it but I feel you give him a go first.

If the alternative is Jakey Boy then you gamble a bit and see whether Perham works as Jake won’t cut it

Philmus

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
skelton has to come into the side somewhere. i’d probably put him in the centres for jake and move jake to fullback. jakes not really an improvement on perham, but at least it brings in a better centre

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
skelton has to come into the side somewhere. i’d probably put him in the centres for jake and move jake to fullback. jakes not really an improvement on perham, but at least it brings in a better centre
I want Skelton developed as a right edge backrower now. I reckon he can handle it and be damaging like Olokauatu

Hound Dog

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Who plays centre tbh...

Our center's got bullied... Your centers cannot get bullied.. We need to change our centres.

Im going on a limb to say Burns/Casey in for Avo and Skelton in for Alamoti.

Bigger bodies with more skill. We cant afford our centres to get pushed around by opposition wingers!

Send Avo back to to reggies to play FB and if Hayze fux up Avo can come in.
This is why I like Kiraz at centre, seems like he's got guts, smarts, can be flashy, and seems to be a good talker. Problem is he's reliable under kicks so he keeps getting put at wing.

piggy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
the biggest problem is that our halves aren't doing anything to get our fullback into the game.. the one or two times Perham got the ball in the strike zone he was flat footed and the defence was set.
It’s a bit hard for our halves to do anything when they don’t have many options....we were so fuk in flat in attack....where were the players in motion?

Hound Dog

Kennel Established
Reaction score
It’s a bit hard for our halves to do anything when they don’t have many options....we were so fuk in flat in attack....where were the players in motion?
Good point, that was probably credit to sharks defence, it was only a trial and things will improve.
Part of the flat attack was our guys feeling like the need to give Kikau the ball, or similar plays. At Penrith, Kikau was used a lot as a decoy for block plays and cutout passes, etc rather than just a battering ram.

It'll come in time

oldpuppy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Skelton has had two try involvements/try assists with the limited opportunities given

Imagine what he will do with 80 mins
I must admit I don't follow the lower grades too much but the few times I've happened to watch, I've seen more skill from Skelton than Alomoti.
Yet Skelton is behind the pecking order. It will be a good problem to have when they're both consistent for NRL. Throw Xerri in the mix as well, if he is able to recapture his form, and we'll have a decent pool of centres to call upon.

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
Should have got the Hammer while we had the chance. This Perham is very mediocre
I think that he can develop over time. His first outing against a good first grade side was a bit overwhelming for him.
I'd give him a few games to get used to the big time, then re assess his position.

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
I must admit I don't follow the lower grades too much but the few times I've happened to watch, I've seen more skill from Skelton than Alomoti.
Yet Skelton is behind the pecking order. It will be a good problem to have when they're both consistent for NRL. Throw Xerri in the mix as well, if he is able to recapture his form, and we'll have a decent pool of centres to call upon.
I think that it is because Alomoto is a big unit - the sort we need if we are to roll back the big centres that some sides have.

dekepefc

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ask for a loan of a capable fullback from another team lol
In the early trials a few teams played their backup (second and even third string) fullbacks. I remember a few looking way better than anyone we've had there in years.

CQDog

Kennel Legend
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Skelton was in garbage time, he might do pretty well against NSW Cup guys and excel but we really haven’t seem him do it at all in fact with the first graders of an opposition before. I will say about our backline tho is that Hayze Perham in the Maoris game and this game has looked really bad.

D.O.W.

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
on the topic of fullback, I still can’t believe we think Crichton is our answer without playing a single game in a starring role in that position. He’s a terrific centre but not a fb imo.

In the trials, Kaeo Weekes from Manly looked good, Wellsby from St Helens is worth looking into despite a hefty transfer fee and Daniel Atkinson (sharks) also looked promising.

Considering our 1 and 7 issue, Wondering how much our future hinges on Oluapu and Joash Papalii??

Moedogg

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
on the topic of fullback, I still can’t believe we think Crichton is our answer without playing a single game in a starring role in that position. He’s a terrific centre but not a fb imo.

In the trials, Kaeo Weekes from Manly looked good, Wellsby from St Helens is worth looking into despite a hefty transfer fee and Daniel Atkinson (sharks) also looked promising.

Considering our 1 and 7 issue, Wondering how much our future hinges on Oluapu and Joash Papalii??
We didn't learn our lesson from Bmoz.

amapusae

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Burns is the only option, Ciro will only pick between him and Perham as those 2 have been training at FB for the offseason

at this point it’s anyone but Perham, not sure what ciro has seen in him

Suave

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Have a feeling Ciraldo will stick with Perham, at least for the first few weeks. He's been poor both times I've seen him this pre-season but if he's trained most of the off season there then he'll get the green light I reckon.
I still find it weird we committed to him as FB so early given he always seemed like a fringe first grader. Was looking forward to Averillo having a full off season training there but obviously Perham stood out more. Problem is, that doesn't translate to gameday all the time. If Perham is getting the wobbles in a pre season trial then he's in for a rude shock at Brookvale in rd 1 with Cherry Evans targeting him all game.