Who is this team?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Magilla

Kennel Established
Reaction score
If you want to live in your little fairy tale world then go ahead but don't try to rubbish my opinion , at least throw in an argument on why you think out team is working with the same "dogs of war " mentality..
That's what was missing last night ,that's why I didn't recognise the team
Here you go again. Nonsense. Bad pass that Abo Carr held onto. If pass finds its mark its 24 - 22 with a kick to come. Also bad call by ref to penalise Hoppa when bomb was put up. Hoppa was looking at the ball. That penalty led to a try. By the way the players had lunch together the next day......gasp

Magilla

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I think you're a trolling me but I'll respond anyway.
Desball was all about defence and below average attack.
Now it's all about attack and below average defense .
Check your grammar......

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
From day one of the season we can't expect the team to look drilled. We've changed from sliding defense to an umbrella defense which probably contributed to a couple of errors. But it was a game we can build on. Hopefully it doesn't take long to develop into a drilled team. Our attack was a lot better. 18 points would have been counted as a good score for last years side. Unfortunately the Storm were far better prepared and took full advantage of us learning a new style of play. I'm confident we can make an impact on the comp this year.

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I think you're a trolling me but I'll respond anyway.
Desball was all about defence and below average attack.
Now it's all about attack and below average defense .
You deserve to be trolled. Lol you say some "rediculous" stuff. You always repeat the same stuff and have very little insight.

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Defence is our hallmark . We were meant to improve our game with the addition of Foran in attack and the dally m forward of the year was meant to improve our defence..

Graham and Ennis (Now that you mention him) would carry a lot of players .
Sharon will only do what's in his job description .
Woods was never meant to improve our defense. A trade of graham for woods is in no way improving our defense.
Our defense was fine. It was just 3 missed tackles that made it look bad, two of which were made by jackson who is probably the best defender in the team. So to suggest our defense was crap is far off the mark.
At the end of the day melbourne are the best team in the comp, and to beat a better team you need just a little luck, and we unfortunately had none.

bcmf

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Woods was never meant to improve our defense. A trade of graham for woods is in no way improving our defense.
Our defense was fine. It was just 3 missed tackles that made it look bad, two of which were made by jackson who is probably the best defender in the team. So to suggest our defense was crap is far off the mark.
At the end of the day melbourne are the best team in the comp, and to beat a better team you need just a little luck, and we unfortunately had none.
It was bad. Though not unfixable... like you said jacko was the source and he was playing concussed half the match.

habs

xdf
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
I don't recognise them. Where's the grind , the hard work?
Des must be laughing at us right about now

Cannot remember the last time I saw the opposition score a 100 metre try against us let alone 2 in one game and worse still in the first half and worser still ,back to back....
This should jog your memory otherwise I’ll creatr a youtube video featuring fullback Hopoate in no man’s land conceding runaway try after another from last year and some are from the same match.

Wolfmother

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
This should jog your memory otherwise I’ll creatr a youtube video featuring fullback Hopoate in no man’s land conceding runaway try after another from last year and some are from the same match.
I honestly can't remember that but please I beg you dont post it!!

Wolfmother

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
You deserve to be trolled. Lol you say some "rediculous" stuff. You always repeat the same stuff and have very little insight.
If I remember correctly you were a Des lover right till the end... Your insight is worth less than used toilet paper

Wolfmother

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Here you go again. Nonsense. Bad pass that Abo Carr held onto. If pass finds its mark its 24 - 22 with a kick to come. Also bad call by ref to penalise Hoppa when bomb was put up. Hoppa was looking at the ball. That penalty led to a try. By the way the players had lunch together the next day......gasp
OMG you're still going on about that post. That photo hurt ..watching them all laughing and enjoying a meal together while most of us were at home reeling over the reality that our season was over.
Maybe you're not a real fan

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
It was bad. Though not unfixable... like you said jacko was the source and he was playing concussed half the match.
It wasnt bad at all. It was just a few missed tackles. Watch the replay.

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
If I remember correctly you were a Des lover right till the end... Your insight is worth less than used toilet paper
You do remember correctly. I backed him to change things up in 2017, and bring the bew style he promised. But he didnt. And once this was evident i wanted his head. From memory this was about 1/3 of the way through last season.
My reasoning for this was that he deserved the chance to make the changes we needed. But once it was clear that nothing had changed, then it was clear that his time was up.
If my opinions are worth only as much as used toilet paper, then it is a certainty that yours is worth as much as what the toilet paper was necessary for.

Wolfmother

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
You do remember correctly. I backed him to change things up in 2017, and bring the bew style he promised. But he didnt. And once this was evident i wanted his head. From memory this was about 1/3 of the way through last season.
My reasoning for this was that he deserved the chance to make the changes we needed. But once it was clear that nothing had changed, then it was clear that his time was up.
If my opinions are worth only as much as used toilet paper, then it is a certainty that yours is worth as much as what the toilet paper was necessary for.
Haha good come back but lacking any kind of logic
I knew Des was a failure as soon as he dropped Ennis back in 2015 but your insight only told you Des was a failure after the whole world already knew.
Therefore you're not in a position to question my insight when you have none to show.
I don't know how I know things considering I've never played the game but I just do.

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I knew Des was a failure as soon as he dropped Ennis back in 2015 but your insight only told you Des was a failure after the whole world already knew.
Therefore you're not in a position to question my insight when you have none to show.
I don't know how I know things considering I've never played the game but I just do.
Knowing something after the fact and calling it insight is "rediculous". Its called hindsight, and is mistakenly referred to as "knowing", or "I knew".
lets get the facts right here, ennis was offered a contract, and turned it down for a different contract for more years. he was not dropped. he was not moved on. He simply accepted a longer contract à la reynolds.

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Flamebouyant makes a pretty good point. I do recall that at the start of the season he was willing to give Hasler the benefit of the doubt regarding his ability to shake up our style of play and that his opinion changed as the season went on. And even though I liked the spirit of both Ennis and Reynolds, they both opted to take the financial option when the club didn't make competitive offers. Going back to our past a little and there are loads of examples of players who have done this under different coaches and administrations. I recall that Folkesy advised O'Meley to leave for the Roosters to end his career when the club weren't able to offer him as lucrative a deal as the Chooks did. It happens and every team has to face the reality that other clubs often have more money to throw at players. It's a sad part of league these days.

Status
Not open for further replies.