Who is our number 1 for next year? (Now for 2024)

DaBulldog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Should’ve just kept meany
Yes every choice we make goes to shit for us and ends up gold for other teams. Damien Cook, Meany, Remus Smith and there are many others - goes well too. Frustrating to see too.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
I hear that Dufty might be off to the English super league next year. If so, who do you guys think should be our priority to either keep or get. One of the threads last night joked about Cobbo from Broncos. He wouldn’t be a bad pick up. But hopefully we act fast. We also need someone that comes with no issues and wants to sign to stay for at least 3 years. Hopefully Gus is onto it. But then again, he wants to keep Barrett which won’t be a good selling point. Come on Bulldogs get your Shit together. We are not that type of club to except mediocrity.
Whether he goes to ESL or wherever, he won't be wearing our colours according to a sponsor.

D0GMATIC

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Whether he goes to ESL or wherever, he won't be wearing our colours according to a sponsor.
I think he will want more than we are willing or able to pay. He has too many deficiencies for the price tag he will command

D0GMATIC

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Well our offer is zero lol

If true, we will not offer him a new contract while Vaughn might earn a new 2 year contract.
I would have liked it to have worked out. For the sake of stability. Paying blokes like Naden ,Allen JMK Wakeham and Averillo 4-500k pa means we can't justify the 500k + Dufty will want.
I can't stand the bloke, But I'd rather pay munster 900k than the 500k+ Dufty would ask for. At least Munster could play 1 or 6

D0GMATIC

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I would try Jake Averillo this year. I have said all along that he has the game of a fullback, he just needs to find his voice to direct traffic in defence and attack.
At least try him at fb in reggies, maybe he will adapt to it and flourish. Try him there for 10 - 12 weeks and if he looks ok, give him a crack at the first grade spot for the last few weeks

CQDog

Kennel Legend
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Go hard for Latrell Mitchell in terms of the market in 2023, if not have corey allan in the short term for a while in 2023 then blood creedence. Blooding guys at our club within its current losing mentality and corrupt development will continue the process of ‘write off’ years. This is why i want a known expert in development in Cameron Ciraldo as our first grade coach. Has successfully done it at the panthers for many years, im sure he can do it with us.

Philmus

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Some guy I've seen post on Facebook quite regularly that he believes a swap deal will occur for Leilua and Drinkwater this season. I don't believe it, but could hold some merit considering Laurie is yet to be offered an extension.
didn't the tigers want/sign Luki for next year as his replacement? i reckon they keep Laurie though

Philmus

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
as much as i'd be stoked with drinky, if he stays at the cows then throw JAC at fullback and buy taylan may to cover the wing spot

kmr07

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
as much as i'd be stoked with drinky, if he stays at the cows then throw JAC at fullback and buy taylan may to cover the wing spot
Taylan May won’t be leaving the panthers now that he has secured a first grade spot over Charlie Staines

Philmus

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Taylan May won’t be leaving the panthers now that he has secured a first grade spot over Charlie Staines
money talks, we've got a bit to throw around. never know. panthers are also the team that sacked his brother, maybe he might want to get out

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
No, we wanted Naden because he’s got size [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]
Sounds sound thinking (in theory) but as usual recruitment hasn't quite worked out! *sad*