News Who is he and why haven't we signed him?

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Another point to glean out of the article is the high regard Gus is held in by Ayoub...so we can probably also assume that that's the case with the majority of the other player/managers....we need to be on side with them and have them thinking Gus and the Bulldogs first for their new and existing players.

GreenTurd

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Baz needs to just let him run, same goes for Jake. The season is gone so just let the boys do what they've done through the grades all these years that got then to firstgrade.
^ This [emoji817]

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
This is my first reaction too.
It's a bit worrying isn't? You don't need to be Craig Bellamy to realize that BBO is a talent that needs to be developed..

diddly

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
I think BBO will be a better 9 than 7 or 6 - he brings players on to the ball from dummy half, his speed / agility will do more damage around less mobile forwards less able to be isolated in defence which is often an issue with smaller halves

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Baz needs to just let him run, same goes for Jake. The season is gone so just let the boys do what they've done through the grades all these years that got then to firstgrade.
And it would also help if Baz made in game adjustments and told BBO to call for it more, or tell Avo and JMK to look his way more.

It was killing me the amount of times we created space down BBO's side last week and went to the lead runner for a 3 metre settler instead of out the back to BBO.

dogwhisperer

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
We're all judging from the outside. There's nothing else to go off which is why the people in charge at the club and behind the scenes in theory are going to know best (proven not the case at our club tho). Manu looks like he gives a F and is aggressive. Talent aside those 2 traits go a long way and I don't see that from T. Katoa who if anything has played like a donkey (Montoya/Holland level from the past).
I’d still prefer the judgement of the people inside the club than posters on here sitting behind keyboards and most with never being involved in coaching in their entire lives lol. Especially those who think they know about player salaries and the ins and outs of the salary cap….just lol

And yes, we all judge from the outside and it’s much easier for us to get a gauge on players abilities once they play more than at least 30-40 games. But regarding Tui and more specifically Manu this is when it’s hard to judge from the outside because we haven’t seen enough of them. The coaching staff would see them everyday on and off the training field and would know better. Remember Montoya’s first year on the wing, we thought he was the best thing since slice bread and then went to poo in his second season. So just sit back and enjoy this rebuild and leave it up to the experts at the club because we got some good people in important positions for once at head office.

Oh and one more thing, it’s not all doom and gloom. Brighter days ahead

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
I remember after seeing his first run in FG for us thinking this kid has something. We spoke about him on TK and someone mentioned he was off contract next year, I remember thinking, perhaps even writing on here we need to sign him up asap for another year with a 2nd in our option. Actually I may have started a thread on it....

Next thing that happens is Tbaz sends him back to obscurity, doesn't select him and when he was selected he was put on the field after the scoreline was well gone and very small minutes. I remember one game he replaced one of the halves for HIA, momentum changed in our favor and then Tbaz took him off again not long after.

Then enters Gus, watches him once, get's the kid signed for longer and now he's playing minutes. My question, what the fuk is Tbaz doing? This article just confirmed what I was thinking and couldn't understand during this time period. Not sure if it's political from Tbaz or he can't spot talent but the kid was obvious. He may work out, he may not BUT with the team we have we needed to find out. Why did Tbaz not want to?

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
I’d still prefer the judgement of the people inside the club than posters on here sitting behind keyboards and most with never being involved in coaching in their entire lives lol. Especially those who think they know about player salaries and the ins and outs of the salary cap….just lol

And yes, we all judge from the outside and it’s much easier for us to get a gauge on players abilities once they play more than at least 30-40 games. But regarding Tui and more specifically Manu this is when it’s hard to judge from the outside because we haven’t seen enough of them. The coaching staff would see them everyday on and off the training field and would know better. Remember Montoya’s first year on the wing, we thought he was the best thing since slice bread and then went to poo in his second season. So just sit back and enjoy this rebuild and leave it up to the experts at the club because we got some good people in important positions for once at head office.

Oh and one more thing, it’s not all doom and gloom. Brighter days ahead
That's just a shit comment so I'll let you be. If you want to have a proper conversation leave out the bait maybe. Your opinion doesn't matter to me because you don't work for the club... just lol. You want to be like Ty off AFTV I guess.

dogwhisperer

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
That's just a shit comment so I'll let you be. If you want to have a proper conversation leave out the bait maybe. Your opinion doesn't matter to me because you don't work for the club... just lol. You want to be like Ty off AFTV I guess.
What??! Just Lol
Ok whatever

piggy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nice to get a bit of insight into his younger days. I think he could be anything! Cant wait to watch him develop as the years pass by. Hope we dont stifle his development though, he needs to be in the number 7 controlling the team!
Yes not in the bloody 6 jersey...the 7 jersey...so why isn't Barrett playing him in the 7 jersey

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
Yes not in the bloody 6 jersey...the 7 jersey...so why isn't Barrett playing him in the 7 jersey
I think we are starting to see the answer to that one plain as day..........

WolfmanAmadeus

Kennel Established
Gilded
Reaction score
Doesn't matter what number he wears in this pathetic side,he's not going to shine surrounded by plodder forwards. You ***** are way to harsh on Avo who was forced into 7 because Flannoflog is 20 times worse than Frawley .