Who’s more genuine? An used AMG driver or a brand new Hyundai driver?

Blue_boost

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Fuck I love the sound of a V8....
do we need another thread for v8s?

in a few years we will be having to tolerate EV cars.. v8s and manual cars are fast disappearing. If you don’t own one, find a mint one now and get the mods done as these shops and tune shops will disappear also. Then keep them in your garage.. this is definition of last calls

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
do we need another thread for v8s?

in a few years we will be having to tolerate EV cars.. v8s and manual cars are fast disappearing. If you don’t own one, find a mint one now and get the mods done as these shops and tune shops will disappear also. Then keep them in your garage.. this is definition of last calls
I don't care if EV have 4 times the HP of a V8, they will never have the sound, the rumble and the smell of a V8.

Blue_boost

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I don't care if EV have 4 times the HP of a V8, they will never have the sound, the rumble and the smell of a V8.
EV is all crap. Some have some good horsepower but if you use it, might last 15 minutes and go flat. Also the devil is in the detail.. for instance the Kia EV6GT makes 430kw but only if battery is above 70% and it keeps dropping down as battery capacity drops. So everyday might be 250kw but it weighs over 2 tonne..

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
EV is all crap. Some have some good horsepower but if you use it, might last 15 minutes and go flat. Also the devil is in the detail.. for instance the Kia EV6GT makes 430kw but only if battery is above 70% and it keeps dropping down as battery capacity drops. So everyday might be 250kw but it weighs over 2 tonne..
Plus they will be obsolete the second hydrogen cars become a thing.

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
Yea had a 65 Nova wagon. Fucking kicking myself for selling that.

Turbos all day on a V8 for me, lag is fuck all with cubes
Brother I'm a Hot Wheels collector and Nova's are my favorite casting (2nd is the Chevelle SS). To think you actually had a Nova Wagon is remarkable.

InGusWeTrust

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
He owns an AMG Mercedes, you own a Hyundai.

At least on his deaths bed he'll be able to say he owned a nice, fast, Mercedes sports car.

Lifes all about experiences.

Just like every slightly interested car person should own a modded car at some point in time.
+1

Owning a Hyundai wouldn’t give me any buzz whatsoever. It’s a boring car, although they may have some “exciting“ models? Having owned some cheap used cars that were fun to drive, I’d probably prefer them.

Something I learned a long time ago, luxury European cars and perhaps some others, drop dramatically in cost from when released, hence they’re often the best value. Generally they lose around 10% of the ORP every year after release. I’m driving one currently actually. An M-Class Merc that I paid less than 10% of the ORP (>$100k). It’s not an AMG but you can get an older M-Class one of those for ~$25k.

My car is 15 years old but in the condition of a much later model and has better tech than much newer cars. One thing about MB is they have some technologies well before the competition. It’s probably the best car I’ve had. I also had an early 2000s Alfa Romeo GT that cost me around $6k which had beautiful leather seats and a Bose stereo system. Now, being into hifi I know that Bose isn’t actually very good, but for a car system 20 years ago it was pretty schmick.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Japanese all day every day. Although the Koreans are catching up slowly
Just got a 2019 Mazda 3 GT for the misses. Never knew Mazdas were that high quality... fkn LOADED with tech and luxury.

Plus the hatch performs well and is wide AF which I love.

UmoGus

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Just got a 2019 Mazda 3 GT for the misses. Never knew Mazdas were that high quality... fkn LOADED with tech and luxury.

Plus the hatch performs well and is wide AF which I love.
Yeah man they're the best cars atm. I worked at Mazda for a long time and they just flipped a switch and went full luxury quick smart. More tech in them then your equivalent shape Audi's and mercs

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Yeah man they're the best cars atm. I worked at Mazda for a long time and they just flipped a switch and went full luxury quick smart. More tech in them then your equivalent shape Audi's and mercs
Misses used to crap on about Audis, Beemers and Lexus until she took the GT for a test drive

Bad Billy

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
The AMG driver isn’t fake if he’s not pretending to be rich.
he’s just prioritized the driving experience over convenience.

UmoGus

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Misses used to crap on about Audis, Beemers and Lexus until she took the GT for a test drive
Great cars bro. I will never own a euro after working on these shitters everyday.

But they do keep me in business...