Who’s more genuine? An used AMG driver or a brand new Hyundai driver?

Blue_boost

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was at the gym and a guy was bragging to everyone he just got himself a Mercedes AMG. I went outside and looked at it, 106,000km and a dent here and there. Gutter rashed wheels and It’s a good 10 years old too. All the maintenance about to hit him at once. But bloke was as proud as you will ever see, he was thinking “does it get better than this?”

then he saw my car and sort of chuckled. A Hyundai, he says you gotta get an AMG mate, you dunno what you missing. To keep the piece I said yeah one day mate.. But my car has 1000km on it barely through the run in procedure, brand spanking new, not even a bit of dust on it. Still 5 year warranty. I’ll be honest if he said would I swap, I’d say no..

who’s the more genuine man? A beater AMG or a brand new Hyundai?

Last edited:

Aristidiz

Bullwog
Reaction score
Personally would take an c63 with 100kms on it any day of the week

As far as genuine, i guess you are both being genuine?

senshidog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
He owns an AMG Mercedes, you own a Hyundai.

At least on his deaths bed he'll be able to say he owned a nice, fast, Mercedes sports car.

Lifes all about experiences.

Just like every slightly interested car person should own a modded car at some point in time.

King Gus

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
It’s all about the image these days, look at what I have and show boating, that’s the world we live in.

hayes

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was at the gym and a guy was bragging to everyone he just got himself a Mercedes AMG. I went outside and looked at it, 106,000km and a dent here and there. Gutter rashed wheels and It’s a good 10 years old too. All the maintenance about to hit him at once. But bloke was as proud as you will ever see, he was thinking “does it get better than this?”

then he saw my car and sort of chuckled. A Hyundai, he says you gotta get an AMG mate, you dunno what you missing. To keep the piece I said yeah one day mate.. But my car has 1000km on it barely through the run in procedure, brand spanking new, not even a bit of dust on it. Still 5 year warranty. I’ll be honest if he said would I swap, I’d say no..

who’s the more genuine man? A beater AMG or a brand new Hyundai?
Hyundai have huge issues with there motors blowing with only 60,000 km on mine just cost 6k to rebuild.

Blue_boost

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hyundai have huge issues with there motors blowing with only 60,000 km on mine just cost 6k to rebuild.
that was a few engines back from 2003? What year is yours?

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
It would be more embarrassing for the AMG driver getting beaten comprehensively by my 2008 Holden. Not to mention my car would turn heads waaay before seeing it.

Not saying I like that shit, actually hate it but I know that's what AMG drivers would want to happen to their "German sports" car.

They have to resort to bi turbos on their "V8s" and still lose to NA V8s.

Memberberries

Desball 4 life
Gilded
Reaction score
It’s all about the image these days, look at what I have and show boating, that’s the world we live in.
I met a multi millionaire down the south coast.
He was dressed similar to me.
If you seen him in the streets you would think he’s an old Aussie bogan?
But no this guy had more money and assets than most of us could ever dream of?

Memberberries

Desball 4 life
Gilded
Reaction score
It would be more embarrassing for the AMG driver getting beaten comprehensively by my 2008 Holden. Not to mention my car would turn heads waaay before seeing it.

Not saying I like that shit, actually hate it but I know that's what AMG drivers would want to happen to their "German sports" car.

They have to resort to bi turbos on their "V8s" and still lose to NA V8s.
my mate in LA has an old mafia car and put a big block V8 in it.
He said when this thing is done up properly he will be able to beat Lambos off the mark and win the race to the next set of lights!

Memberberries

Desball 4 life
Gilded
Reaction score
All his threads are exactly the same CD..all about the haves and have not..just in a different guise.. :sleeping:
what’s that Mr 95%?
your Rolex is only an imitation, you live in a fibro home and only drive a Honda?

Blue_boost

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
All his threads are exactly the same CD..all about the haves and have not..just in a different guise.. :sleeping:
Am I the problem or is that how society is put together?.. everyone aspires to be someone and have something.

where I come in is I call out the self sabotage, those that repeatedly kick own goals. I’m trying to point out their faults so they can maybe improve, align their way back to a progressive path.

the used AMG driver is lost off the beaten track, looking for a few minutes praise from his peers but then has to feel the pain when the repair bills come through or the car payments come out.. 99% pain and 1% to look good. If you cannot afford a new AMG, you’re not really an AMG class driver, trying to sit at the table you dont really belong, self sabotage as it’s not a long term sustainable position.

Last edited:

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Am I the problem or is that how society is put together?.. everyone aspires to be someone and have something.

where I come in is I call out the self sabotage, those that repeatedly kick own goals. I’m trying to point out their faults so they can maybe improve, align their way back to a progressive path.
We should all aspire to be nice to each other..that’s what will improve us all..

Blue_boost

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
We should all aspire to be nice to each other..that’s what will improve us all..
Yes totally agree with that.. but to be nice you also need to be truthful, if someone does something wrong, we need to get them back on the right path, that is being nice. To be nice is not to agree with their every decision or encourage their self sabotage

Memberberries

Desball 4 life
Gilded
Reaction score
yes we should help one another to improve society.
If I do something to help a person they usually feel in debt to me.

I say no I don’t expect you to return me any favours.
Instead just help someone else who could use it.

for example I got let off $5 by a small business so I could use the bus.
This business refused to take my money when I tried to pay it back.

instead I got put in a situation by the police where they tried setting me up.
So I asked someone to help me by driving my car for me.

it was a good deal for this guy, he got to drive my car and I paid him for it.