Which past players do you miss?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
So many great players in this thread. I'll name a team of my favorites. Some weren't the best going around but were favorites anyway.

1. Rod Silva- Just loved the way he could accelerate through a gap. Patten barely missed out.
2. Brett Dallas- He was the blueprint for the modern winger. Had a bit of size and was easily the quickest in the game at the time.
3. Nigel Vagana. Magic on his feet & could time his runs to perfection and if he broke the line he was almost a certainty to convert the line break into points.
4. Willie Talau- Loved his get outta my way runs and brutal defense.
5. Hazem/Utai- Cant split these two. I'll opt for Hazem since i think he worked better with shifty.
6. Terry Lamb- His support play was second to none and he had a great football brain.
7. Brent Sherwin
8. Steve Price(C)- I had some serious man love for this guy after the way he carried us through some horrible incidents. He was a pretty handy footballer too.
9. Jason Hetherington- Not suited to todays football style and was probably the last traditional hooker in the game but he was the best at the time. From the interviews i remember seeing on TV he seemed like a larrikan too.
10. Darren Britt- Loved his offloading ability and he bent the line with every run.
11.Jamie Feeney- Not the best footballer in the world but i loved the way he played.
12. Tony Grimaldi- Same comment as Feeney.
13. Travis Norton- I was pretty sad when we let him go.

14. Roy Asotasi- Almost had him starting ahead of Britt.
15. Mark O'Meley- He would only last about 15 minutes with todays shoulder charge rules but chances are someone would get broken when they bounced off his shoulder during those 15 minutes.
16. Kane Cleal- He was never destined for a noteworthy career but he was one of my favorite players at the time.
17. Craig Polla Mounter- Had some serious skills and i think he was pretty under-rated through his career.

habs

xdf
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
Brent Sherwin.

Can live w/o rest.

habs

xdf
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
So you don't rate Lamb, Price, Britt and O'Meley. Is that right?
No I said I can live without them. I am not debating the merits of those in your list, although apart from Lamb the rest would not feature in my best 17 of the past 20 years.

Croc

Kennel Established
Reaction score
No I said I can live without them. I am not debating the merits of those in your list, although apart from Lamb the rest would not feature in my best 17 of the past 20 years.
Each to their own. I find it hard to watch footy without Lamb Britt Hetherington. Etc. footy is just not the same now as it was in the 90's. Better characters, players and the game was wonderful. So much faster. Better to watch. I used to watch nearly every game. Now I watch Dogs games only. I miss those days

the_yuk

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I can't believe no one has mentioned Andrew 'bobcat' Ryan! In his prime he was the best back rower around and scored a lot of tries for a big man...and that tackle in the 04 grand final. Not to mention his leadership and tremendous injury free run.

DOGSOFWAR2013

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Matt Utai. - Pocket size bulldozer. - Kinda like a "dingo" bobcat.

Loved the tries and watching the highlights of him smashing through 2-3 players for his tries from 3-5 metres out from the stripe.

Status
Not open for further replies.