Which part of the team is letting us down the most?

Which Part?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Magic Arrow

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Simple thread, please vote on the poll as well

Is it our
  • Backs (Fullback, Centres, Wingers)
  • Halves (Five Eight, Halfback, Hooker)
  • Forwards (Props, Second Row, Lock)
  • Bench?

You can also say which part has impressed us the most.

Guard Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
losing Tandy then later Tolman has disrupted the team and poor coaching hasnt helped either

Benny77

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Your missing the most crucial part of a team. You cant say the backs because they simply dont see the ball. I think the forwards are ok but just not dominant enough. But my answer would be the halves. Just no creativity coming from either of them

CMP

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Your missing the most crucial part of a team. You cant say the backs because they simply dont see the ball. I think the forwards are ok but just not dominant enough. But my answer would be the halves. Just no creativity coming from either of them
The halves are not doing anything atm. (however) It would matter very little who you had in the 6 & 7 IF YOUR FORWARDS are not pushing through the line with quick play the balls the 6, 7 & 9 have no platform to create anything from. Which flows onto the backs not seeing any ball. Our forwards are being smashed in both Attack & defence!

In saying that when both your 6 & 7 play like lock forwards the chance they will create in attack is limited.

Keating takes the element of surprise out of running himself by running 8 out of 10 rather than the 2 out of 10 that good halves might run.

Hodkinson looks to be in a comp with Stagg to see who can be more involved in defence.

Sandra's Bollocks

Est. 1979
Reaction score
we have the players to do the job but its up to KM to adjust the tactics in which we use. having said that, attitude, determination and concentration are the keys to our success. i know these terms have been thrown around many times before but i believe its the truth. its the coaches job to instill these into the team and if he cant then he simply must go. i would give KM the rest of the year to fix these problems.

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
Our last tackle option is nothing a lot of the time and the centres don't get enough ball on the run.
In defence our goal line defence is slow.

Toey .H.C.

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
it's definatly the forwards. thats where it starts

our go forward is terrible and our ability to get close to the opponents try-line is horrible.

If the forwards do their jobs then the halves will start creating chances. It starts at the forwards. You guys are pretty clueless because yes the halves have been ordinary but it's pretty hard to set up trys when we arent even getting out of our own half.

it's been like that for the last four weeks.

holbi

Kennel Participant
Gilded
Reaction score
it's definatly the forwards. thats where it starts

our go forward is terrible and our ability to get close to the opponents try-line is horrible.
Totally 100% agree, we have a bunch of forwards that are as weak as p iss. They get pushed around and play one out footy. They are as predictable as the rainfall in Qld. Need to fire up like they did against Parra.

Toey .H.C.

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Tolmans been the heart and soul of the forwards kind of like our new hannant.
Pritchard has been our strongest 2nd rower and the only one looking dangerous on the edges
Eastwood will be one of our best once he gets more game time he hasn't played long enough

and .. well.. for the rest of them I can't say too much. they are the only three forwards that have impressed me in terms of good go forward.

P

Paint.

Tolmans been the heart and soul of the forwards kind of like our new hannant.
Pritchard has been our strongest 2nd rower and the only one looking dangerous on the edges
Eastwood will be one of our best once he gets more game time he hasn't played long enough

and .. well.. for the rest of them I can't say too much. they are the only three forwards that have impressed me in terms of good go forward.
Bobcat's been great, Kasiano's put in some good runs, Stagg's been typical Stagg, making 45+ tackles a game, Payne has been outstanding...

Toey .H.C.

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Bobcat's been great, Kasiano's put in some good runs, Stagg's been typical Stagg, making 45+ tackles a game, Payne has been outstanding...
yet all the games ive watched from the past 3 or 4 weeks we rarely get out of our own half. I guess it has to be keating and hodkinsons fault they should start taking hit ups too

P

Paint.

yet all the games ive watched from the past 3 or 4 weeks we rarely get out of our own half. I guess it has to be keating and hodkinsons fault they should start taking hit ups too
It's the whole team, you can't single out the forwards or the halves individually.
That's the problem - like I said, those players have been good, but right now, we have 17 individuals on the park, not a team.

Berries

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Calling out the front rower one off the play the ball without anyone running decoys or atleast passing it once, the forwards get demolished by 3-4 defenders every time. The halves need to help the forwards for them to help the halves.

habs

xdf
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
70% possession against Canberra and camped in their 20 the whole game. Kevin's halves are garbage.

rexest

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Just had a look over our props stats and their not as bad as i first thought our halves are the number 1 prob.

Last edited by a moderator:

RookieDog

Dogs1
Reaction score
we have the players to do the job but its up to KM to adjust the tactics in which we use. having said that, attitude, determination and concentration are the keys to our success. i know these terms have been thrown around many times before but i believe its the truth. its the coaches job to instill these into the team and if he cant then he simply must go. i would give KM the rest of the year to fix these problems.
Yes, so we are screwed aren't we?

Magic Arrow

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'd have to go with our forward pack. They promised so much but are delivering very, very little. I think our halves are also underperforming, but I think I've been let down more by the forwards.

RookieDog

Dogs1
Reaction score
yeah possibly. the spotlight is on him to change things around.
Mate - fingers crossed, but I am not very confident that K Moore has it in him - I expect it's not a lack of effort on his part, but maybe he's just not up to it - he just doesn't seem to possess the same skills and knowledge as coaches like Bennett, Bellamy, Sheens etc.

I hope it turns around but I must say I have been very disappointed by this season so far - especially after looking forward to it so much over last off season.

Status
Not open for further replies.