Which Bangwagon are you currently on?

Which team will you bandwagon support now?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Nate DAWG

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
The Cowboys looked absolutely spent after 20 mins against the Sharks. The Sharks were all over them. It was almost Queensland-esque the way they played - all over them and didn't really give them a chance to do anything. The Sharks took their foot off the pedal with 10 to go but that was perhaps smart - conserving energy or just running the clock down. Well done to them. After 3 years of hell with the hole asada thing, I hope they go all the way.
I never get this 3 years of hell with the ASADA thing, like it is some sort of redemption thing. Their bogan fans drinking beer out of their shoes were effected by the ASADA thing through no fault of their own. The players however pleaded guilty to systemically injecting peptides to enhance performance! I hope they get smashed

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
I'll be cheering for the Swans. But, I reckon the Western Bulldogs will be the South Sydney of the AFL, being so long without a premiership. I expect all the same "glory, glory" stuff for an old Melbourne team that we had up here.

Anyway, we will either have a Sydney team win the AFL premiership, or a Bulldogs team win it.

As long as a Melbourne team doesn't win the NRL GF, I'll be happy.

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
I never get this 3 years of hell with the ASADA thing, like it is some sort of redemption thing. Their bogan fans drinking beer out of their shoes were effected by the ASADA thing through no fault of their own. The players however pleaded guilty to systemically injecting peptides to enhance performance! I hope they get smashed
The Sharks players, including Paul Gallen, said taking the suspension was better than fighting a charge they could lose and be suspended for even longer, pretty much ending their careers. Their hands were tied.

At the end of the day, the players did not knowingly take a drug expecting to have their performance enhanced.

Wahesh

Reaction score
I'll be cheering for the Swans. But, I reckon the Western Bulldogs will be the South Sydney of the AFL, being so long without a premiership. I expect all the same "glory, glory" stuff for an old Melbourne team that we had up here.

Anyway, we will either have a Sydney team win the AFL premiership, or a Bulldogs team win it.

As long as a Melbourne team doesn't win the NRL GF, I'll be happy.
I actually do not like the AFL Bulldogs. They are Footscray Football Club and changed their name of Bulldogs on the back of our success.

The 2nd Spitter

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I actually do not like the AFL Bulldogs. They are Footscray Football Club and changed their name of Bulldogs on the back of our success.
You have no idea what you are talking about: Footscray used the Bulldog nickname since 1928. Canterbury first used it in 1977 when they realised the limitations of "Berries" as a marketing brand (and since every second college team in the US uses Bulldogs as their mascot.)

Wahesh

Reaction score
You have no idea what you are talking about: Footscray used the Bulldog nickname since 1928. Canterbury first used it in 1977 when they realised the limitations of "Berries" as a marketing brand (and since every second college team in the US uses Bulldogs as their mascot.)
You're comparing our official name change to their nickname.
Officially our name was officially changed in 1977 from the Berries.
Officially, FFC changed it in 1996.

The 2nd Spitter

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
You're comparing our official name change to their nickname.
Officially our name was officially changed in 1977 from the Berries.
Officially, FFC changed it in 1996.
They were previously widely-known as the "Footscray Bulldogs".

The name change had nothing to do with Canterbury. They were close to merging with Fitzroy and would have been known as the "Fitzroy Bulldogs". When they merger fell-through they changed their name to the Western Bulldogs.

Nate DAWG

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
The Sharks players, including Paul Gallen, said taking the suspension was better than fighting a charge they could lose and be suspended for even longer, pretty much ending their careers. Their hands were tied.

At the end of the day, the players did not knowingly take a drug expecting to have their performance enhanced.
I highly doubt that they didn't know and end of the day the ASADA mess was brought on themselves. I don't feel sorry for the players, especially senior players like Gallen who are not afraid to share their opinion. He was not some fringe first grader without a voice

Lil Ms Fabulous

Is Trollin
Reaction score
Compared to what Essendon copped, they can be thankful that all they got was a slap on the wrist.

Status
Not open for further replies.