Opinion Where will Crichton play?

MichaelM

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The thing I like about this discussion is the number of juniors that are in the mix - and that situation will only improve.

Every time a gem like Kiraz (40k last year) steps up it allows us to buy the very best players in the market in the positions we need

PeteHazz

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Legit question...

Can we back out from the contract?

The cat had the cleanest jersey out there.
@ASSASSIN it's very hard for a club to, unless they can prove he was dishonest or lied during the negotiation, potentially voiding the contract. The least worst that can be done is what the tigers did to robbie farah. "You're not wanted here, play reserve grade". But he can still choose to stay and earn what's in his contract

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Mark my words we will break the Good Friday curse with Crichton next season.

MitchNewton

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
1. Critta
2. Skelton
3. Kiraz
4. Xerri
5. JAC
Skelton? The bloke barely knows league rules. Keep Kiraz on the wing. He’s a beast there.
Xerri? Hasn’t played in 4 years. Alamoti will be there.

under_Dogz

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Xerri and Chritta in the centres. After seeing alamoti full flight I think Aiden Tolman can chase him down. Too slow and not very athletic. Also Averillos defence against Tigers was shocking. As per usual. Then high level teams will exploit him and the flange next to each other
I suppose you rate Averillo higher than Alomoti lol.

NPC83

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Floated this idea a few weeks back.
11. Skelton
12. Kikau
13. Preston
Could work, I'm not fussed about who defends at right edge back row as they are pretty solid on their inside shoulder with Flanno. Just gotta worry about Avo on the outside
It may very well work but I’d prefer to see Skelton have a crack as an edge back rower in reserve grade first. It can be a very hard position defensively at times and he needs to get that right before we move Preston to lock when one of his main threats is a hole runner on the edge.

Dyldog

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Xerri will start in the centres and kill it, it’s not like he’s coming back from major surgery and he’s already working with a sprint coach.
Do yourself a favour and watch his YouTube highlights.
Kiraz is a winger.. a very good winger.

kaluah8123

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
At this stage I have 0 expectations of Xerri

I think he’ll come back, start in cup and be used if he improves through the year but I just can’t see him taking avo’s spot in one off season
He was a gun. I can see him walking straight in if he puts the work in. Way more strength, speed and size.

1. Critta
2. Kiraz
3. Xerri
4. Alamoti
5. JAC

Skelton will be next up and Avo is a great 14 if he sticks around.
It’s a long season and I would love to see Skelton get a run in first grade at some stage.
It’s early days for him but he has the attributes of a great ball playing Lock if he can handle the tackling IMO.

Interestingg

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I wonder if Reece Walsh was open to moving to Sydney after his NZ stint. He’s a gun fullback and probably significantly cheaper than Crichton. Maybe he always wanted to return to Brisbane

kaluah8123

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I wonder if Reece Walsh was open to moving to Sydney after his NZ stint. He’s a gun fullback and probably significantly cheaper than Crichton. Maybe he always wanted to return to Brisbane
Walsh is good but I think he is a poor man’s Ponga. Gifted player that doesn’t often play to his potential. The glimpses of it that he shows maintain the hype.

If he signed for us would I be happy? Definitely.

Critta is the man for mine and we should have pretty good depth in the backs by the time he gets here.

We need to spend the coin we have left on a prop IMO.