• Baz sacked at the end of the season

Votes: 15 10.4%
  • Baz survives by selling his soul to the devil

Votes: 6 4.2%

• Total voters

Nate DAWG

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
This. It's like déjà vu at the Panthers. A 5 year plan that took 8 years. And after he leaves them they make 2 grand finals in a row, winning one of them. Rumours at the time said he didn't leave on his own terms.
Gus has many flaws but his impact on the Panthers and where they are at as a club can't be questioned.

spscand

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
He wont get sacked immediately. He's too nice and smooth talking. I hope he does get sacked or at least his coaching staff gets sacked, starting with Ferris

jake6

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Given 6 weeks and his support staff sacked is what I think will happen. They will want to see how the players respond.

Ribo Flavin

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Another episode of the club and its supporters being dragged through the mud.

brucey

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Emergency meeting is due to a secret sting operation started last year after we didn’t receive a penalty for the first 2.5 games.

Turvey, Baa and Gus together with Ricky Stuart and Justin Holbrook have been mounting evidence from every game from the last 2 years and there is simply too much corruption to hold off anymore

surfdog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Probably this is the start of new things for 23, players and coaching staff. reckon he will be around a little longer this year though

Dogs Of War

On the Warpath
Reaction score
I'm not sure how he can be given any more games. The players have voted with performances. There is nothing to be gained by holding onto him at this point. He is a dead man walking, and all it will show is that the board have no balls.

HippDogg

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
When Danny weidler and “the mole” are reporting Barrett is gone when they are Gus’s mate under the same umbrella of nine entertainment you know something is going on

From the area

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
It’s either sacked immediately or his support staff are sacked. I’d prefer the first one though. I reckon they need a complete revamp of the whole coaching staff. From top to bottom

John Matrix

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
If Baz has lost the respect of the players there is no point keeping him around because all its going to do is push us back further.

Dawain87

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
How it’s gonna work.

club leaks to media that meeting will be held with Baz regarding performance. This is to appease fans as if anyone here has seen social media and this forum the majority are asking for him to go.

Baz come into HQ sits with the powerbrokers and given a month to improve. Probably some clause where he needs to win more Than half the games.

Gus reviews the whole club from coaching staff down to players in and out of top 30.
We make some decisions on long term plans for players who are not performing and try to make some space for the incoming guys as well as upgrading Burtons contract and getting Kiraz and others into the Top 30.

I would hope they look into our attacking coaches and why players are not performing what they have been trained. Questions needs to be asked why Burto on several occasions ran the ball on 4th as there may be some conflicting orders given to players from coaching staff

Dogs Of War

On the Warpath
Reaction score
How it’s gonna work.

club leaks to media that meeting will be held with Baz regarding performance. This is to appease fans as if anyone here has seen social media and this forum the majority are asking for him to go.

Baz come into HQ sits with the powerbrokers and given a month to improve. Probably some clause where he needs to win more Than half the games.

Gus reviews the whole club from coaching staff down to players in and out of top 30.
We make some decisions on long term plans for players who are not performing and try to make some space for the incoming guys as well as upgrading Burtons contract and getting Kiraz and others into the Top 30.

I would hope they look into our attacking coaches and why players are not performing what they have been trained. Questions needs to be asked why Burto on several occasions ran the ball on 4th as there may be some conflicting orders given to players from coaching staff
The meeting doesn't involve Barrett. Meetings like this never do. They will make a decision and Barrett will be advised of the outcome. Barrett's demeanour in the press conference suggests he is a beaten man and has already been advised that performances needed to be picked up or he was gone.

As for the Gus stuff. That's literally his job already.

James zac

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Think he’s on the outer probably today I’d say

OldDogFan

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
How about ditching the under performing coaching staff and, the players that are letting thr team down get sent to reggies to uderstand the club doesn't accept mediocracy. Let Baz know that he will be released at seasons end unless there is a dramatic reversal in results. I think it is pointless bringing in a new coach mid season and I don't think there are too many good coaches out there.

OldDogFan

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm not sure how he can be given any more games. The players have voted with performances. There is nothing to be gained by holding onto him at this point. He is a dead man walking, and all it will show is that the board have no balls.
If that really was the attitude and mentality of the players, then they all need to go out the door with Baz and his entourage.

Menteek

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
How about ditching the under performing coaching staff and, the players that are letting thr team down get sent to reggies to uderstand the club doesn't accept mediocracy. Let Baz know that he will be released at seasons end unless there is a dramatic reversal in results. I think it is pointless bringing in a new coach mid season and I don't think there are too many good coaches out there.

Don’t think we will get a coach this year. Will be a caretaker like every other time we’ve changed coaches.

speedy2460

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
TB seems happy to just oversee a lot of the training. He leaves it to his assistants.
And I think that is where the problem lies. They are not capable of doing the job.
Furner and a few of the others should be shown the door.
It's a repeat of what Dean Pay went through when he had Georgallis as assistant.

TalDog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I liked Barrett really wanted him to succeed but fmd he obviously lacks something

Reluctantly have to move on even with the shit show it will create