What the f... are we gonna do for props / forwards ?

longy0303

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
obviously teh bulldogs are going with a new model of football. one where props dont matter. how many times have you seen a prop top the tryscorer list. spend all the money on centres and wingers - thats where the points are. i think i am starting to understand the new philosophy. its like moneyball with brad pitt for the nrl.

D0GMATIC

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
obviously teh bulldogs are going with a new model of football. one where props dont matter. how many times have you seen a prop top the tryscorer list. spend all the money on centres and wingers - thats where the points are. i think i am starting to understand the new philosophy. its like moneyball with brad pitt for the nrl.
Exactly, props are a thing of the past . . . Utilities are the future !!

GoTeamRaRaFunky

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Paul Alamoti is 1cm taller then Moses Leota, he could be a prop or forward or back .. Bulldogs should of kept him, he will go well at penrith. He did well enough for a 19 year old in his first season. Having watched a few '23 replays recently, he shows promise. There are loads of players that could of been got rid of before him. Penrith were smart to pick him up.

Last edited:

boggie23

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Paul Alamoti is 1cm taller then Moses Leota, he could be a prop or forward or back .. Bulldogs should of kept him, he will go well at penrith. He did well enough for a 19 year old in his first season. Having watched a few '23 games, he's shows promise. There are loads of players that could of been got rid of before him. Penrith were smart to pick him up.
I always said with a bit of hard work and mentoring hed be a cracking 13. The kid can hit, just cant read defence out wide. A lot more simple to defend in the middle, you just need good fitness. Could have been like a little Taumalolo.

I think he will end up at 13 eventually. And with his silky hands and hard running would do well. Was never cut out for 1st grade at centre, lack of speed and mobility and used to get carved up easily. Also a lot of brain fades, but has the ability to play 100+ NRL games if he works hard. No better system to be in to see if he will make it or not.

Doggiezbrah

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
Paul Alamoti is 1cm taller then Moses Leota, he could be a prop or forward or back .. Bulldogs should of kept him, he will go well at penrith. He did well enough for a 19 year old in his first season. Having watched a few '23 games, he's shows promise. There are loads of players that could of been got rid of before him. Penrith were smart to pick him up.
Alamoti would have been decent for depth. He is only young and struggled defensively because at times he did not have Kikau or JAC besides him. He has done the right thing, going to the premiers to push for a starting spot and hopefully develop before earning a big contract.

Penrith must see something in him to sign him up. Funny how he is good enough for penrith yet some fans don’t want him at the dogs.

D0GMATIC

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Alamoti would have been decent for depth. He is only young and struggled defensively because at times he did not have Kikau or JAC besides him. He has done the right thing, going to the premiers to push for a starting spot and hopefully develop before earning a big contract.

Penrith must see something in him to sign him up. Funny how he is good enough for penrith yet some fans don’t want him at the dogs.
We got Crichton,they get Alamoti .I'd say we ended up better off

GoTeamRaRaFunky

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Also a lot of brain fades, but has the ability to play 100+ NRL games if he works hard. No better system to be in to see if he will make it or not.
Against the tigers, round 3 at belmore in heat, he played smartly and selflessly to put ado-carr in for two tries on the edge.
Possibly he is adjusting to first grade and when he settles he will be very useful.

We got Crichton,they get Alamoti .I'd say we ended up better off
Definitely in the short to mid term. However we've also got rid of Averillo and it would of been nice to hold onto one of the two as they are both sydney born juniors with a future. Would rather have off loaded RFM or some of the defensively reluctant mid field players

Last edited:

D0GMATIC

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Against the tigers, round 3 at belmore in heat, he played smartly and selflessly to put ado-carr in for two tries on the edge.
Possibly he is adjusting to first grade and when he settles he will be very useful.

Definitely in the short to mid term. However we've also got rid of Averillo and it would of been nice to hold onto one of the two as they are both sydney born juniors with a future. Would rather have off loaded RFM or some the defensively reluctant mid field players
Ideally we would keep all our juniors, but it isn't always practical. Hopefully with Gus focusing on the juniors more now, the quality of the juniors coming through will improve.

Geoff Chambers

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Because with very few exceptions players from the UK make great Ron Massey Cup players.

e.g Ryan Sutton, paying him way more than his talent level.

I hope Gus has learned his lessons. By never pay big money for Englishman again.

*Unless they are proven in the NRL.
Sutton was outstanding until the last couple of seasons. Who knows why he turned to shit so badly.

kmr07

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

Penrith picked him up for NSW cup / depth. They will play Tago and Taylan May in the centres before him