What the f... are we gonna do for props / forwards ?

Sloth

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Would be cool to see Skelton turned into a player like spencer leinu or moses leota

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
We got Crichton,they get Alamoti .I'd say we ended up better off
It would've been nice to keep him IMO. I think he'll wind up having a decent career. Looks like he'll end up being a pretty big unit who's hard to tackle. His passing game is good too. It'll be interesting to see where he winds up cementing a position.

Doggiezbrah

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
Talked to Uncle Arthur today and he confirmed we're getting SST and we're pursuing Saifiti. He commented we still need a halfback. Maybe that suggests we're still seriously in the market for one
Thanks for the update, I wonder if the club has already given up Sexton.

GoTeamRaRaFunky

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Never could understand why clubs buy players and soon after turn their backs on them.
" Toby was in the Bulldogs' pathway system before taking up an option to play for the Titans. "

SexBomb

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Paul Alamoti is 1cm taller then Moses Leota, he could be a prop or forward or back .. Bulldogs should of kept him, he will go well at penrith. He did well enough for a 19 year old in his first season. Having watched a few '23 replays recently, he shows promise. There are loads of players that could of been got rid of before him. Penrith were smart to pick him up.
Penrith likely signed him on minimum for a year only.
Shows they're taking a gamble and have little faith in him.

SexBomb

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I always said with a bit of hard work and mentoring hed be a cracking 13. The kid can hit, just cant read defence out wide. A lot more simple to defend in the middle, you just need good fitness. Could have been like a little Taumalolo.

I think he will end up at 13 eventually. And with his silky hands and hard running would do well. Was never cut out for 1st grade at centre, lack of speed and mobility and used to get carved up easily. Also a lot of brain fades, but has the ability to play 100+ NRL games if he works hard. No better system to be in to see if he will make it or not.
Should have, could have, would have.
See the pattern there?
He has yet to take the next step, and from what I've read, that is due to a poor attitude.
For his sake, I hope that is not the case.

SexBomb

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks for the update, I wonder if the club has already given up Sexton.
SexBomb is still young and yet to play serious time in the top tier (a few seasons as 1st pick).
Can't give up on him just yet!

stevesonthebay

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Everyones talking about missing out on Tino, Fotuaika, Twal, Seyfarth, and Utoikamanu in particular but both these clubs finished in the bottom 8. Tino and Fotuaika only put the Titans in one place above the Dogs and despite the Tigers having Twal, Utoikamanu and Klemmer as well as Bateman and Papili'i they finished last. I don't think Haas was ever going to leave the Bronco's.

So there wasn't many good forwards left on the market. It seems there were not many props that were signed overall as far as moving to another team including Fletcher Baker, Thomas Flegler, ,Keenan Palasia, Spencer Leniu and Samuela Fainu. Only Leniu and Flegler are standouts so there were only 2 decent props that were willing to change clubs on the market.

Theres been lots of talk about getting other props like Haas, Fotuaika and Twal but they chose to remain at their clubs and no amount of money was going to change that. Its been a bit the same with halves in recent years. Theres plenty of outside backs which make up the majority of signings but not props.

So considering this I think thats why the Dogs have promoted Isaac Matalavea-Booth to the top 30 and if he meets expectation then he will be dominant like a Lenui or Fotuaika.

We also bought another young prop from the Tigers Kitione Kautoga who seems pretty good and we can mold them into the type of player we want. Also we have Chris Patolo who was out injured last year to be available and have resigned Sam Hughes though not in the top 30 as yet.

I think we will also sign 1 or 2 new props. I think Siosiua Taukeiaho maybe one and Poasa Faamausili has also been mentioned. Maybe its another young gun or maybe we get lucky and sign Daniel Sarafiti which would make us close to a decent side. But I think for whats available at the moment I think its wise to get younger props with potential than buy fringe established props or get in a bidding war for top tier props.

Last edited: