Opinion What the Bulldogs are lacking 2022

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Gus talks soooooo much shit, I wouldn't take a lot of what he says so seriously. Flanagan starting at halfback is the most backwards move ever, it's not happening.
The best case scenario for the dogs next uear is a tually having flanagan perform at a high level at hb. This is probably unlikely, but it would be best case scenario, despite our prejudices against him.

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
The best case scenario for the dogs next uear is a tually having flanagan perform at a high level at hb. This is probably unlikely, but it would be best case scenario, despite our prejudices against him.
Sadly, I think Cronk and Robinson were right with Flange.. He played in one of the strongest teams in the comp coming off 2 premierships and played the season with a "satisfactory" pass. Watching him last weekend he looked totally clueless with the ball in hand and terrified when we got to tackle 4 or 5.

From the area

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
for me it’s a toss of the coin between BBO and Wakeham. There our best bet. Averillo reserves for a year at Fullback. Then when Dufty demands more cash tell him see ya and let Averillo go into the 1. It’s perfect for him. He won’t have to be the front line of defence. He can drift into
The game when he feels like it. He can play a supporting role like Barba did looming around TPJ for offloads. Otherwise if we fuck with his development as many of you said he’ll be Mbye 2.0

Jarrad El Hickey

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Burton will hopefully be able to cover for a couple of flanagans weaknesses but literally I think flanagans only strength is goal kicking he hasn’t got a boot on him no running game no real passing game tries in defence I suppose but he’s genuinely just not good at football imo

EB18

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Burton will hopefully be able to cover for a couple of flanagans weaknesses but literally I think flanagans only strength is goal kicking he hasn’t got a boot on him no running game no real passing game tries in defence I suppose but he’s genuinely just not good at football imo
The roosters stitched us up with Flanagan the dud. That's twice now we have fallen for there rejects after Napa. I want to pay back these fuckers real bad.

Family Guy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I can't (and don't want to) imagine Flanno being the friggin starting half FFS. He was dropped from the side how many times...and he only got a reprieve because of Avo's injury. At this stage BBO and Avo are ahead of him...hell even Wakeham is miles ahead of him.

All the excitement and anticipation for season 22 will be gone if that flog is in the 17 for Rd 1. Yuk, I don't even want to think about it. I'm still praying that his old man gets a gig in the offseason and takes him with him

If we don't get Pearce, I'd go for BBO at 7 as he's the most naturally talented of the lot

If we land the Cheese and get rid of Flanno, Allen and Elliot in the offseason, this will be the most exciting offseason in decades

jof

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Given what we've currently got this would be what I'd go for to start the season

1 Dufty
2 Cotric
3 Naden
4 Averillo
5 JAC
6 Burton
7 BBO
8 Thompson
9 Cook
10 Vaughan
11 TPJ
12 Hetherington
13 Jackson

14 JMK
15 RFM/Topine
16 Seumanufagai
17 Ogden/Patolo

Doggy71

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Joshua Cook could be ready for first grade. I've read that he would have debuted for the Bunnies this year if he wasn't injured (and stuck behind Damian Cook)
Like I said in a previous post,Josh Cook is highly thought of by Gus and I would put my money on him as our starting hooked next season.

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Sadly, I think Cronk and Robinson were right with Flange.. He played in one of the strongest teams in the comp coming off 2 premierships and played the season with a "satisfactory" pass. Watching him last weekend he looked totally clueless with the ball in hand and terrified when we got to tackle 4 or 5.
I agree. But if by some miracle he can become a solid halfback for us, it is the best case scenario.

Wally D

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
BBO has performed reasonably well at 9. I think he is atleast an improvement on JMK if we used him as hooker.

Jarrad El Hickey

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The roosters stitched us up with Flanagan the dud. That's twice now we have fallen for there rejects after Napa. I want to pay back these fuckers real bad.
I personally didn’t really see it with him and didn’t like how he reacted to the benching from robinson. Was hoping to be wrong but yeah in hindsight not a great idea to take someone clubs like the chooks are willing to let go