What is your favourite (CURRENT) TV Show

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
After watching the first 3 episodes of Marvel's Secret Invasion on Disney plus, I can tell you that Samuel L. Jackson is old, and there's something about aliens. Beyond that, I'm not sure. I don't know if it's Marvel fatigue or just a boring show, but I keep phasing out.
How many times does he say "motherfucker"?

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
Finished watching the second season of FROM on Stan. Man that show can really get you hooked. Can't wait for season 3.

N4TE

DogsRhavnaParty
Reaction score
Superhero shows/movies have been dead to me for years.
I agree the last one I liked was the dark knight and I haven’t really watched any others since apart from the joker but that wasn’t a superhero movie. Same with Star Wars they are boring now.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Finished watching the second season of FROM on Stan. Man that show can really get you hooked. Can't wait for season 3.
Haven't started it yet, but it looks really interesting.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
I agree the last one I liked was the dark knight and I haven’t really watched any others since apart from the joker but that wasn’t a superhero movie. Same with Star Wars they are boring now.
Actually I watched the Spiderverse movies and liked them but they're not live action so I guess I didn't really count them.

The_Chimpster

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
New season of Black Mirror. Some mind bender episode
The last two seasons haven't felt like black mirror at all. Some decent episodes littered throughout but the tone has completely changed and the stories aren't engaging anymore.

The series needs a new writer because it seems that Charlie Brooker has pretty much run out of ideas

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
i'm watching the 2nd season the Lincoln Lawyer. It's ok, but a bit slow tbh, compared to the usual pace of a Connolly novel, plus there really needs to be a Haller/Bosch crossover in there somewhere, and Angus Sampson is convincing nobody as an ex bikie.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
The last two seasons haven't felt like black mirror at all. Some decent episodes littered throughout but the tone has completely changed and the stories aren't engaging anymore.

The series needs a new writer because it seems that Charlie Brooker has pretty much run out of ideas
Same feeling for me. It feels like they ran out of Black Mirror style storylines, and have just become Twilight Zone with a mix of Tales from the Crypt. There's still some good episodes, but they have nothing to do with the whole Black Mirror concept.

The first episode of this season is the only episode I think was a black mirror episode. It was the only episode that provided a dark reflection of societies future. The rest were just short stories with no relevance to Black Mirror at all.

The_Chimpster

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Currently watching dopesick, six episodes in and I'm very impressed so far.

The only thing that annoys me is Rosario Dawson's character

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score

Wahesh

Reaction score
Wasn't this all about Charlie calling him by his Jew name?
I'm not actually sure what the reason was, but I heard that while 2.5 Men was temporarily paused (for Lorre to work on the 2 other shows he had going on at the same time), Sheen approached him and told him to hurry up and get back to work on 2.5 Men as there were crew members who weren't getting paid as they weren't working.

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Lupin season 3 is released in October. If you haven't watched the first 2 seasons do yourself a favour & go watch it.

John Matrix

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Interesting…

Don't think thats a good idea to be honest, it started going down hill well before him leaving and being killed off, the up to maybe season 5 or 6 the show was great and I watched it plenty of times. When it started up again it was complete rubbish and I stopped 2 episodes into its return.

He gets royalties from the re-runs doesn't he?

Wahesh

Reaction score
Don't think thats a good idea to be honest, it started going down hill well before him leaving and being killed off, the up to maybe season 5 or 6 the show was great and I watched it plenty of times. When it started up again it was complete rubbish and I stopped 2 episodes into its return.

He gets royalties from the re-runs doesn't he?
I'm not sure if he gets royalties or if they go straight to the production company who owns the rights to it.

The thing is I liked the show up until his departure and yeah it got shit when Kutcher was in it. However they killed him (Charlie) off right at the end - so how will they fix that up? Also, the actress who played Berta (Conchata Ferrell) passed away in 2020, so how can they replace her?

In my opinion it's best to just let it be. They stuffed up the show when they got rid of Charlie and that should be it.