What is your favourite (CURRENT) TV Show

lukedog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Just finished succession. Too many shows have a great pilot/premise but fuck the season length execution due to a lack of foresight i.e not planning beyond the pilot, there are many examples like The Dome, The 100, Lost.

Other shows manage to string a few quality seasons together, then collapse into flanderisation, loss of talented writer/s, losing direction, or Lord forbid, listening to social media, Arrow is an example of this.

Lastly, even shows which succeed in quality for 4-5 seasons can fall short in the finale. The landing becomes sloppy, contradictory. A bad ending can retroactively ruin everything great that came before it.

Happy to say, of you stick with Succession, it will end in a satisfying way. No spoilers. It is solid A-Tier, not Sopranos/Breaking Bad S-Tier, but close.

Bulldog1966

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Safe Home on SBS .. sheesh I got some "dust in the eyes" watching this, Aussies do well at putting some of these tragic social problems front and centre imo.
This 4 part series covers Family Violence and they did it well I thought, the names and faces may not be exact but this exact abuse happens every fucking minute of every day.

Bulldog1966

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Also finally watched The Punisher tv series..2seasons/26 episodes was way too many, thought the 1st season was alright they should have left it there.

I Got very tired of Frank getting shot, stabbed and the absolute shit beaten out of him plus losing litres and litres of blood sometimes multiple times every episode, way way too much....

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Can't help but keep watching seasons of Alone. I enjoyed the first season of survivor back before it became all about backstabbing, conniving, double dealing crap. Alone can be a bit boring at times, but it actually shows how ill prepared people are at survival once they're away from the world we're used to.

The DoggFather

OG DF
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Anyone watch Fuck that's delicious?

Action seems like a mad **** to hang out with.

Bulldog1966

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I have just started watching the fact based drama Dopesick about the introduction of Oxycontin in the late 90s in the good old fucked up USA.
Very interesting so far, well set out and with a good cast.MichaelKeaton and the i think lovely Rosario Dawson are a couple of the prominent cast.
I don't know the outcome of what happened to Purdue Pharma in court yet but what a bunch of unscrupulous *****..who knows how many thousands they have killed over the decades.

Well worth a watch if you come across it, it's on Disney+ maybe elsewhere too, not sure.

Bulldog1966

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Anyone watch Fuck that's delicious?

Action seems like a mad **** to hang out with.
I've watched some of his stuff in the past not bad at all..and agree seems a mad **** indeed lol

Speaking of which a bloke i like a lot(and enjoy the great fucken food he cooks i might add)is Matty Matheson, a fat loud fully tatted Canadian crazy prick lol swears like a trooper in most shows too who doesn't love that!
He has a bunch of stuff on YouTube and used to have a show on SBS..Its Suppertime.
AND I have just noted he is in a show called The Bear also on Disney..I will be watching that, no doubt.

@mr95 I think u would like him too and Action Bronson as ASSASSIN recommends.
Way different in style to Anthony Bourdain but these guys have made food and cooking very entertaining also, as opposed to cooking yawnfests like Rachel Ray(Tony used to bag her lol)and the Barefoot Contessa(glad I spelt that right phew) etc etc.
Some are still ok to be fair but this left field stuff is great and again the food Matty cooks really looks great and quite easy to make too.

Last edited:

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
The top 5 most underrated comedy shows of all-time:

1. Worst Week
2. Red Dwarf
3. The Thin Blue Line
4. The IT Crowd
5. Happy Endings

Roll the Bones

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have just started watching the fact based drama Dopesick about the introduction of Oxycontin in the late 90s in the good old fucked up USA.
Very interesting so far, well set out and with a good cast.MichaelKeaton and the i think lovely Rosario Dawson are a couple of the prominent cast.
I don't know the outcome of what happened to Purdue Pharma in court yet but what a bunch of unscrupulous *****..who knows how many thousands they have killed over the decades.

Well worth a watch if you come across it, it's on Disney+ maybe elsewhere too, not sure.
That was a great series. Michael Keaton was very good, and I'm a big fan of Michael Stuhlbarg too. Just started rewatching Fargo season 3 with him in it.

Bulldog1966

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
That was a great series. Michael Keaton was very good, and I'm a big fan of Michael Stuhlbarg too. Just started rewatching Fargo season 3 with him in it.
I've always liked Michael Keaton and your spot on mate Stuhlbarg was terrific, all round it was a good watch with solid support characters throughout.

John Matrix

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
SEAL Team, it’s great watching a show that was made before all the recent stuff.

upto season 3 and really enjoying it, it’s on Paramount+ and Stan.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Started watching American Born Chinese on Disney Plus.

Only 4 episodes in but it's really entertaining. They also dropped the whole season so you can binge it.

It's basically a young, new cast, backed up by the cast of Everything, Everywhere, All at Once. It's a little bit teen comedy drama, and a bit Journey to the West (Monkey Magic)

Definitely worth the watch.

It takes weird twists too. Starts out as a school comedy with supernatural stuff, then goes off the deep end.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
I'm 3 episodes in to the new season of Black Mirror. So far:

Episode 1 - entertaining. Salman Hayek is excellent. The episode has layers and takes the piss out of Netflix. Very intelligent episode and peak Black Mirror

Episode 2 - average. It's slow, and long. Turns out alright in the end, also takes the piss out of Netflix, but not a great episode. Feels like Black Mirror is going downhill

Episode 3 - crap. Terrible episode made for shock value, and none of it makes sense. Stupid episode that makes me lose hope for the rest of the season

Bulldog1966

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I'm 3 episodes in to the new season of Black Mirror. So far:

Episode 1 - entertaining. Salman Hayek is excellent. The episode has layers and takes the piss out of Netflix. Very intelligent episode and peak Black Mirror

Episode 2 - average. It's slow, and long. Turns out alright in the end, also takes the piss out of Netflix, but not a great episode. Feels like Black Mirror is going downhill

Episode 3 - crap. Terrible episode made for shock value, and none of it makes sense. Stupid episode that makes me lose hope for the rest of the season
I've thought about believe it or not starting to watch this show i haven't seen an episode at all, dont even know who is in it..lots of seasons maybe 6 I think so should I bother??

May not be everyone's cuppa but for a bit of light entertainment(plus i like the bloke)i watched Rennervations on Disney.Jeremy Renner has literally 100s of ex service vehicles of every kind and particularly lots of buses.
For the show he donates a suitable vehicle to a worthy project and the team commences to convert the vehicle into a community based asset and they do great work with the in most instances bus conversions.

Enjoyable show and seemingly does some good things for communities/less fortunate ppl..what a guy! Reportedly is going well atm with his recuperation from very serious injuries which is also good to know.

Last edited:

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
I've thought about believe it or not starting to watch this show i haven't seen an episode at all, dont even know who is in it..lots of seasons maybe 6 I think so should I bother??

May not be everyone's cuppa but for a bit of light entertainment(plus i like the bloke)i watched Rennervations on Disney.Jeremy Renner has literally 100s of ex service vehicles of every kind and particularly lots of buses.
For the show he donates a suitable vehicle to a worthy project and the team commences to convert the vehicle into a community based asset and do great work with the in most instances buses.

Enjoyable show and seemingly does some good things for communities/less fortunate ppl..what a guy! Reportedly is going well atm with his recuperation from very serious injuries which is also good to know.
Black Mirror is short stories. No continuity between episodes, so you can jump in wherever and watch random episodes.

The_Chimpster

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Started the last of us last night and for a show that's so highly rated so far I'm pretty unimpressed. Set design aside and cinematography which is stunning, to be a completely different feel from the game, which is understandable seeing its trying to be it's own thing, but it's just not engaging plus the acting just isn't on point for mine, I like Pedro pascal but he's not Joel and he girl playing ellie who was miscast imo.

Hope it improves but I'm not holding out much hope tbh