What is your favourite (CURRENT) TV Show

KambahOne

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The Third Day, apart from being confusing and slow, it's not making much sense.

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
Messiah. I know it's been cancelled by Netflix, but far out this is a fantastic show. It's set in Syria and the USA (from what I've seen so far).

N4TE

DogsRhavnaParty
Reaction score
Very old but I’ve been rewatching because it’s great and it might be a good laugh for those of you going back to work in an office situation but Utopia on Stan every line is so painful of past memories of working in that sort of environment.. ha ha so so good

Jabba the Mutt

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Very old but I’ve been rewatching because it’s great and it might be a good laugh for those of you going back to work in an office situation but Utopia on Stan every line is so painful of past memories of working in that sort of environment.. ha ha so so good
Yep, very funny and totally relatable to those who've work in the public service or in any office structure.

N4TE

DogsRhavnaParty
Reaction score
Yep, very funny and totally relatable to those who've work in the public service or in any office structure.
The line last night I watched about writing in someone’s farewell card and Cielia is like oh fuck I don’t know I’ll just write - Congratulations and good luck and her co worker is like she is leaving to be a full time carer of her dying mother.. Ha ha ha He just hands her the whiteout..

Jabba the Mutt

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
The line last night I watched about writing in someone’s farewell card and Cielia is like oh fuck I don’t know I’ll just write - Congratulations and good luck and her co worker is like she is leaving to be a full time carer of her dying mother.. Ha ha ha He just hands her the whiteout..
Decades ago I had a management role at Australia Post and Utopia actually comes way too close to reality!
I once saw Rob Sitch being interviewed and he said research was often as simple as looking at the front page of newspapers.
Very funny show.

Roll the Bones

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Decades ago I had a management role at Australia Post and Utopia actually comes way too close to reality!
I once saw Rob Sitch being interviewed and he said research was often as simple as looking at the front page of newspapers.
Very funny show.
Utopia is basically a documentary. I did 25 years in a government department and then escaped cause I just couldn't hack it anymore. The show is scarily realistic, especially the marketing fuckwits. As much as I love Utopia, I still think Frontline is best show these guys have done. Watched it again recently and it is still totally brilliant and relevant.

Jabba the Mutt

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I still think Frontline is best show these guys have done. Watched it again recently and it is still totally brilliant and relevant.
Yep, Frontline was another beauty from the 'Working Dog' team.
I gave it another look about a year ago - fabulous stuff which, as you state, rings very true today (and turned me off the standard 'current affairs' type shows!).
Beautifully written.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Started watching Utopia on Amazon Prime. Not to be confused with the 10 other shows with the same name.

It's not a great show but for some reason I can't stop watching it. Many people on this forum would like it. It's basically about a bunch of nerds with batshit crazy conspiracy theories that turn out to be true.

Has John Cusack and Dwight from the office in it. Plus that chick from Happy Death Day.

Bulldogsteve

Banned
Premium Member
In the Sin Bin
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
cant wait for the next series of " money Heist" fucking sensational show

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
For some odd reason I actually bothered watching the first 2 episodes of season 2 of Batwoman.

The new Batwoman is much better than Ruby Rose. She actually has personality. The show is still shit though.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
For some odd reason I actually bothered watching the first 2 episodes of season 2 of Batwoman.

The new Batwoman is much better than Ruby Rose. She actually has personality. The show is still shit though.
Ruby Rose was soooo bad. I got over the entire arrowverse and just watched the shitty cross over and ending to Arrow and missed a whole heap in between.

Roll the Bones

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Not exactly a current show, but Dexter was pretty good for most of its run. The last season (or possibly 2) were rubbish though, especially the comically bad finale. Anyhows, apparently a reboot is happening if anyone cares.

SPEARTAKVIDREFS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
A few years old now but still on Netflix, Black Books. Brain dead British humor.

I dont know how I ended up watching The Crown but I enjoyed it.

The first season of The Sinner was the best show ive watched on Netflix so far. Thought it was well acted and written.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Messiah. I know it's been cancelled by Netflix, but far out this is a fantastic show. It's set in Syria and the USA (from what I've seen so far).
Couldn't get into it. Kinda understand why it got cancelled.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Started watching Resident Alien. It's a bit of a hard show to explain. It's basically the show Northern Exposure, but with an alien stranded on earth who's mission is to wipe out all humans.

Alan Turdk plays the role really well. It's pretty entertaining.