What is your best Rugby League Book?

D0GMATIC

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
The centenary of rugby league, is a great historical look back at the game and worth a read

DaBulldog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
They say don't judge a book by its cover but fuck that...

You couldn't pay me enough to sit down and read about this fat fuck eating pies or talk about two of my most hated teams... .. probably mentions the 06 prelims and the 8 year dynasty......Fuck you third man!

View attachment 99312
Personally he seems like a nice bloke, but I didn't think he was that great as a player.

soc123_au

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Good as Gould is a decent read. 5 Star Brandy is also ok from memory, but you probably need to be a Panthers supporter, it's been 30 years since I read it, so not sure how it's aged..

Matty Johns book also has some very funny stories.

D0GMATIC

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Good as Gould is a decent read. 5 Star Brandy is also ok from memory, but you probably need to be a Panthers supporter, it's been 30 years since I read it, so not sure how it's aged..

Matty Johns book also has some very funny stories.
I bet they don't talk about nose cocktails and there demise in the in Brandys book

soc123_au

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I bet they don't talk about nose cocktails and there demise in the in Brandys book
It's pretty tame from memory, it came out per 91 GF win, one of the things I do remember about it was his affection for Ben, he featured heavily. That part would be especially sad now.

D0GMATIC

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Terribly sad, speeding to a nightclub, that was shit on a good night, such a waste.

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
I really enjoyed Hazems book can’t remember what it was called but it was an enjoyable read