What Is Wrong (Merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
Despite the score, the team showed flashes of what they are capable of. One of the main focuses should be to eliminate giving away soft penalties. For some reason we seem to gift easy metres by our tactics in tackling. Having to defend too much, too early leaves the team flat later in the game. When opportunities present themselves we've run out of puff.

T

Toro

Why is it that whenever someone on TK gets bagged, and starts losing, this is always their comeback? If this is the case TK is made up of about 10 people aged 16-25 and 200 people aged 50+. Sounds like a fkn Rabbitohs forum.
Well the sad truth, is that a lot of people show how long they've supported Canterbury by how well they know this club...

I hate to say it, but a lot of people here roughly started supporting the dogs from 2002, when we had that massive 17-game winning streak... they wouldn't have a clue about what this club went through prior to that...

It shows when people go "huh?" or "wtf?" at the mention of names like "Mortimer", "Lamb", "Tunks", "Hughes", "McGrady", "Britt", "Pay", "Dymock", "Bugden", "Farrar", etc...

Or when they say things like "Canterbury can't string more than 1 good season together" when in actual fact we made it to 4 GF's in the 80's, 2 of them won back-to-back.... 3 GF's in the 90's, winning 1 of them... but they wouldn't know that, because either they weren't born in that era, or they were too young to even understand the game at the time because they were 4 yrs old or younger...

I say that if you truly love this club, regardless of when you started following it, you should at least brush up on your knowledge of it... including our proud history...
It's not like the "Bulldocks" [sic] were born when Hazem made his first-grade debut! :rolleyes:

elie

Waterboy
Reaction score
Playing too flat. Standing around and catching the ball instead of standing deep and running onto it.

Support play is missing. As for defence they are not wrapping the ball up or going around the legs - piss poor efforts in tackles. At the same time they are not getting in the oppositions face. They are waiting for them to come...

Moe

Moderatwhore
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Hey it's not all bad.

Look at Parra, if you take away the try from that Forward pass which won them their only game, they are 0 from 4 lol

polecat

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Why is it that whenever someone on TK gets bagged, and starts losing, this is always their comeback? If this is the case TK is made up of about 10 people aged 16-25 and 200 people aged 50+. Sounds like a fkn Rabbitohs forum.
First of all, what was i losing?

I disagreed with an obviously egotistical fool about the standard of football the side has been producing and his insightful assessment
of "its only round 4".

For that i was told i was an "idiot speaking through my kick" ...i am not and was not, i dont bet odds on for a start.
Then i was told to "go and support the dragons"..... gee, what a great comeback that was, especially when you consider
that i have followed canterbury since 1977, and all this from a "kenneler of the year" as he proudly points out...what a farking joke.

this is a forum about footy, if you dont want to talk and read about footy, the good and the bad.
If your only insight into the teams performance is to remind everybody of what round it is
then it is probably best that you stick to the lounge
and your idiotic popularity contests.

Vargster

Moderfaker
Reaction score
First of all, what was i losing?

I disagreed with an obviously egotistical fool about the standard of football the side has been producing and his insightful assessment
of "its only round 4".

For that i was told i was an "idiot speaking through my kick" ...i am not and was not, i dont bet odds on for a start.
Then i was told to "go and support the dragons"..... gee, what a great comeback that was, especially when you consider
that i have followed canterbury since 1977, and all this from a "kenneler of the year" as he proudly points out...what a farking joke.

this is a forum about footy, if you dont want to talk and read about footy, the good and the bad.
If your only insight into the teams performance is to remind everybody of what round it is
then it is probably best that you stick to the lounge
and your idiotic popularity contests.
I agree with CK 100% - it is ONLY round 4. Why is that such a poor, uneducated insight? I think it is actually a very mature insight, based on the fact that CK isn't going apesh!t like most people here claiming that our season is over. I also think it is an educated and calculated insight based on examples he's used such as Parramatta's turn around last season.

We proved we have what it takes to rip this season apart in Round 3. We've got the strength and the skill, now we just have to make it work. Sadly that doesn't just 'happen' in a few weeks time. We have to mold and gel together to continue to produce results similar to that of round 3 (as you should know from your 33 years experience....).

BTW telling people you've been supporting the Bulldogs since 1977 doesn't give you the right to claim that your word is law. It also doesn't prove that you are a more passionate or more knowledgeable supporter than anyone else. I am willing to go out on a limb and vouch that CK is a more passionate supporter than most - possibly even you.

bLaQDoG..

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
Polecat does have a point tbh

Anyone would be an idiot not to accept the fact we should have alarm bells ringing after our very poor recent performances.

I think you are both misunderstanding eachother and arguing about nothing. Yes it is only Round 4 which is the good news, but the bad news is that judging on our recent performances, we have a great cause for concern and we need to change things around. I don't think Polecat is saying our season is over. An NRL season is played over 26 rounds and Finals football. We don't just want to play good football when it counts, we want to make sure we head into the finals with some confidence knowing we have the team to smash anyone out there.

What Parra did last year doesn't easily happen overnight. Nobody can guarantee we will come back out of nowhere. We haven't done that since 1998, 12 years ago!

Spaz

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
No need for panic! Its early days and we've had some bad luck with calls against us and some injuries.

Its a long season. Too early to start jumping to conclusions.

It will work out. We will click by round 6.

Easy Top 8 !

Go the Doggies

Spaz

bulldogs27

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
?
I reckon Sydney needs a new coat
of paint.
Give them a good belting (-:
It's very grey in Winter.
I hope You get some sunshine.
You know we mean the best.
We all have got the opportunity
to start again soon.
If Ben Barba continues to impress,
would You consider Him as a rep
for his State 17?
(-:grinning:

evo

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Unfortunately I think they way the comp is going now with two refs it is really hard to arrest momentum from a team.

On monday one dumb mistake let them into the match and they got on a roll. I thought some ref decisions went against us. The luck was on their side I think this was summed up in the last few minutes 3 minutes to go Barba takes and intercept it drops to the ground two minutes later Souths get an intercept and score under the posts. One of those days.

Also if you take 4 props and 2 second rowers out of any side see how they will go we had Hodgson, Paea, Payne as well as Halatau and Warburton, and lost Hickey in the first minute. We were thin going in to lose Hickey I think killed us.

Look at our pack this week we are scraping the bottom of the barrell, I thin kwe have already used more players than we did in the whole of last year.

Scary

We will come right once we get some troops back and start giving Barba some more minutes.

bulldogs27

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I hope You keep playing to the best
of Your abilities.
SOO n the best.
Rugby Leaugue is a Team-Sport.
(keep them down)
Anyway, roll-call should occur
before sunrise.
Summer-sports.
:-)

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Unfortunately I think they way the comp is going now with two refs it is really hard to arrest momentum from a team.

On monday one dumb mistake let them into the match and they got on a roll. I thought some ref decisions went against us. The luck was on their side I think this was summed up in the last few minutes 3 minutes to go Barba takes and intercept it drops to the ground two minutes later Souths get an intercept and score under the posts. One of those days.

Also if you take 4 props and 2 second rowers out of any side see how they will go we had Hodgson, Paea, Payne as well as Halatau and Warburton, and lost Hickey in the first minute. We were thin going in to lose Hickey I think killed us.

Look at our pack this week we are scraping the bottom of the barrell, I thin kwe have already used more players than we did in the whole of last year.

Scary

We will come right once we get some troops back and start giving Barba some more minutes.
Melbourne have been missing Ryan Hoffman, Brett White, Sika Manu, Adam Blair and Todd Lowrie at stages this season, not to mention Cooper Cronk for two weeks yet they are 4-0. Almost all of those players are better than we ones you listed we are missing yet they're 4-0. Injuries aren't an excuse. It's a cop out. We still have a good enough team out there not to be 1-3 and nowhere near the team we were last season.

The difference is Melbourne play as a unit and do all of the little things right. They don't take the easy way out, don't look for excuses and don't go feeling sorry for themselves when things are tough. Everyone competes, has self pride and mental toughness. Whereas our team on the other hand......

Malla

Reaction score
After the Bulldogs lost the ball, Patten was laughing. After BK threw that last pass, he was smiling.

It's a serious slap in the face to all Bulldogs supporters when our players have a shocker, and they laugh about it. We spend too much money and time on our beloved club to be slapped with an attitude like that.

Footnote: Bryson Goodwin is the slowest winger off the mark in history. Seriously, he has to work on that.
Thanks coach.

Ahecee

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
?
I reckon Sydney needs a new coat
of paint.
Give them a good belting (-:
It's very grey in Winter.
I hope You get some sunshine.
You know we mean the best.
We all have got the opportunity
to start again soon.
If Ben Barba continues to impress,
would You consider Him as a rep
for his State 17?
(-:grinning:
I hope You keep playing to the best
of Your abilities.
SOO n the best.
Rugby Leaugue is a Team-Sport.
(keep them down)
Anyway, roll-call should occur
before sunrise.
Summer-sports.
:-)
What the fu(k
are you
talking about???

Captain Kickass

Dirtbag Lifecoach
Reaction score
so... it's only a forum :roflol:
True - I certainly dont advertise the fact with the flashy banners I got given, nor do I tell anyone .... infact, if it weren't for stirring OLD-Polecat here, you wouldn't even know. So dont go making out like I'm waving a flag going look at me, look at me.

For the record, I was completely astounded and a little guilty Costa never got the recognition he deserves but you wouldn't know that would you ..... of course not, this place is all about the lulz for you in between you getting banned. So it's not like you contribute anything worthwhile football wise more than I do !

polecat said:
i am no idiot mate.
as for the long haul and the dragons....well i have been supporting this club for longer than you have been breathing.
lucky for you it appears you must be good at networking because you know farkall about footy.
You might not BE an idiot, but you certainly carry on like one.

Take the high moral ground and put this experience down as "i might think twice before randomly sledging someone next time" will you ?

When it comes to the finer-points of positonal play and tactics .... I concede my knowledge (like my football career) is not extensive - However, even if I'd played 100 first grade games .... you still CAN'T know everything.

When it comes to supporting the club, the teams, the squads, the management, motivating other like-minded fans .... there are FEW who do it in the manner I do.

Does this make me any less valuable as a member ?
F*ck NO !

In fact, I wanna leave you with this as a lasting impression ..... if you were at Hazem's farewell, and you particpated in the Mexican Wave and enjoyed yourself, you have ME (among half a dozen others) to thank. Want proof ? YouTube has the clip, and just look for the d*ckhead in the beanie ! You dont need footy knowledge to put that may smiles on faces ;)

polecat

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
BTW telling people you've been supporting the Bulldogs since 1977 doesn't give you the right to claim that your word is law. It also doesn't prove that you are a more passionate or more knowledgeable supporter than anyone else. I am willing to go out on a limb and vouch that CK is a more passionate supporter than most - possibly even you.
sweet, i was not trying to say i am the most passionate or knowledgable supporter.
but i consider myself both passionate and knowledgable as would most people that know me.
i just resent being told i am not a "real" fan or to "pull my head out of my butt because its only round 4"
and i am giving my opinion as to the teams performance.

BTW................Denny Crane : )

Old Bulldog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
One day you will look back and cringe at your posts. The way you guys get off topic and into personal conflict is amazing. Young people are so angry and disillusioned these days that the norm is an assumption that opinions that are not your own are a personal attack. We each are struggling with life and the lack of self-power we feel. That is what you need to remember. Everyone else is trying to deal with the same stuff. Try very hard to treat others as you would wish to be treated yourself.

Captain Kickass

Dirtbag Lifecoach
Reaction score
We each are struggling with life and the lack of self-power we feel. That is what you need to remember. Everyone else is trying to deal with the same stuff. Try very hard to treat others as you would wish to be treated yourself.
... and on THAT note - Thread closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.