What has happened to the romantic city

K E

The Bart, The
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Anyone want to go to Paris? I heard it's a riot....

*crickets chirp*

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
Anarchy is becoming popular, they even introduce it in some places.

Wolfmother

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Yes, but the debate is over the amount of refugees a country has taken in. Lebanon is still probably up top but less than half of those refugees were officially accepted and registered by the Lebanese government. It also includes the refugees given temporary refugee status as oppose to the ones given permanent residential status.

That said, I'm not sure if the debate was over those who have permanently accepted refugees as citizens. Or those whose have accepted temporary refugees.
Lebanon should be respected for accepting refugees but considering proximity , lifestyle similarities and the declining population due to half of Lebanon emigrating to lakemba it makes perfect sense.

Dawgfather

Banned
Reaction score
I'm not sure why you guys are engaging in an argument which seems to be along the lines of "whichever country takes the most refugees is morally and ethically the best country in the world".

Look at Germany who had a huge influx of refugees for a variety of well documented reasons, but then look at the social issues that have resulted.

I think any smart cookie can easily realize that the number of people a country can take each year is limited and it is probably more effective to focus on how you INTEGRATE the people that come to your country, rather than getting caught up in how many you accept.

For example, in Australia there could clearly be more done to integrate new arrivals in a better way. The majority of terror incidents here have been committed by refugees or children of refugees.

Dawgfather

Banned
Reaction score
Also - look at how awful our immigration policies were under the Labor government where something like 50,000 people rocked up over a few years claiming asylum.

Now that we have some decent policies we can actually focus (IMO) on the people who are truly deserving of our charity. Rather than getting caught up in thousands of applications for people who wanted to come here to try and get a decent job.

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
I'm not sure why you guys are engaging in an argument which seems to be along the lines of "whichever country takes the most refugees is morally and ethically the best country in the world".

Look at Germany who had a huge influx of refugees for a variety of well documented reasons, but then look at the social issues that have resulted.

I think any smart cookie can easily realize that the number of people a country can take each year is limited and it is probably more effective to focus on how you INTEGRATE the people that come to your country, rather than getting caught up in how many you accept.

For example, in Australia there could clearly be more done to integrate new arrivals in a better way. The majority of terror incidents here have been committed by refugees or children of refugees.

a terror incident only happens when the criminal is a muslim.

a non muslim running over muslim kid on bourke street and killing few more , was never a terror incident.

The DoggFather

OG DF
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
a terror incident only happens when the criminal is a muslim.

a non muslim running over muslim kid on bourke street and killing few more , was never a terror incident.
Non-Muslims are victims, Muslims are evil terrorists.

Brought to you by the MSM.

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Non-Muslims are victims, Muslims are evil terrorists.

Brought to you by the MSM.

Some of them muslims really are evil terrorist but they are on both sides.

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
France has definitely changed in the last few years. It went from the gold standard of living then the PC activists forced the government to take in more people than it could sustain now those PC activists are rioting because their comfortable lifestyles have changed.
why do people blame PC for all the problems? its the go to thing for blame now

if your ice cream is not as solid as it should be then its because of PC, if a lady gets cast in a movie its PC

how about right wing rich fucks and racists or religious nuts starting wars for money or to kill people, that directly creates the resentment and the refugee crisis, blame them sometimes

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
Also - look at how awful our immigration policies were under the Labor government where something like 50,000 people rocked up over a few years claiming asylum.

Now that we have some decent policies we can actually focus (IMO) on the people who are truly deserving of our charity. Rather than getting caught up in thousands of applications for people who wanted to come here to try and get a decent job.
john howard should have listened to the labor opposition ffs, blame the liberal party if you dont like any refugees

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score

I tend to agree to a certain point. Refugees do cause problems due to cultural clashes. It's nowhere near the amount that the Nationalists would attempt to convince you of, but there are obvious problems including the rise in rape crimes in countries like Germany and Sweden, and the rise in youth crime in areas like Melbourne.

There's no denying that, but this discussion is about the riots in France which have nothing to do with immigration or terrorism. They have to do with increasing tax prices. The primary driver being climate tax.

Dawgfather

Banned
Reaction score
I tend to agree to a certain point. Refugees do cause problems due to cultural clashes. It's nowhere near the amount that the Nationalists would attempt to convince you of, but there are obvious problems including the rise in rape crimes in countries like Germany and Sweden, and the rise in youth crime in areas like Melbourne.

There's no denying that, but this discussion is about the riots in France which have nothing to do with immigration or terrorism. They have to do with increasing tax prices. The primary driver being climate tax.
To show that I'm capable of thinking and agreeing with ideas that don't fit with my generally conservative out look on things:

I think the 'African' crime wave down in Africa is an interesting issue, because there are also african migrants in WA and NSW but they don't commit crimes at the same frequency as african migrants in Victoria. I think the issue in Victoria is the police down there are so soft, that these migrants (who come from authoritarian regimes) are taking the piss (because they know there are generally no consequences for committing serious crimes).

So while I believe Sudanese migrants are far over-represented in crime stats as a percentage of their total numbers, I think the reasons why extend beyond their race (i.e. the police down in Victoria are soft).

My overall problem is that politicians and media commentators would have you believe that there are zero negative consequences associated with a refugee intake. Also, I feel that the way the issue gets discussed leads to a scenario where you can't take a dissenting opinion on immigration or you're labelled racist. Very similar to the Same sex marriage debate where you were labelled a homophobe if you wanted to vote no.

Dawgfather

Banned
Reaction score
john howard should have listened to the labor opposition ffs, blame the liberal party if you dont like any refugees

I agree (in part). It was the Liberals immigration minister Amanda Vanstone who was responsible for the sudanese intake.

I don't think the issue runs along party (liberal/labor lines), i think the issue runs along globalist / nationalist lines. Generally globalists can have both right AND left leanings. However nationalists generally lean right. This is why you get liberal politicians who strongly support increasing the immigration intake. But it's also why you will very rarely hear a labor politican suggest there could be negative consequences from immigration.

Wolfmother

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
why do people blame PC for all the problems? its the go to thing for blame now

if your ice cream is not as solid as it should be then its because of PC, if a lady gets cast in a movie its PC

how about right wing rich fucks and racists or religious nuts starting wars for money or to kill people, that directly creates the resentment and the refugee crisis, blame them sometimes
PC's are far worse because they're like monkeys with guns.
They've got all this power in their hands and you can't reason with them. If you do you're shot down for being racist, sexist, antifemist etc

K E

The Bart, The
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
PC's are far worse because they're like monkeys with guns.
They've got all this power in their hands and you can't reason with them. If you do you're shot down for being racist, sexist, antifemist etc
Don't bother with Rodzilla, he's so far left that Fidel Castro is far right in his eyes.