What exactly is Warburton's role?

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
sponsorships? anything to do with the roster and coaches is Gus. When you have someone like Gus you pretty much give them full control.

Glenn L

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
sponsorships? anything to do with the roster and coaches is Gus. When you have someone like Gus you pretty much give them full control.
Comforting to know.

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
it's not washing his hands off it. When they were looking for a new CEO they made it clear what his responsibilities included and didn't include.

Glenn is looking to white-ant Warburton now, because he isn't poking his head where it's not needed. current issues are not for him to comment.

some things Gus would work with Warburton on, Gus's KPI's would be with the board.
Hey PS,

Thanks for your comments and insight. Upon re-reading my brief and probably poorly thought out earlier comment, I realised how this was probably read by yourself and others. Instead of editing it, thought it would be better to clarify a bit!

Firstly, I dont know about any agenda Glenn may or may not have - but i certainly am not looking am not looking to white ant anyone. TBH, my comments are more in relation to the CEO generally. He's probably doing a great job overall. I don't think he's washing his hanbds of anything necessarily, only that he shouldn't/can't (bugger knows if i'm making any sense here).

In the current circumstance, i still don't know how much of this is true and how much is bullshit media-driven clickbait, or even if it really matters in the grand scheme of things, but there will be times when the CEO can't be ignoring an issue.

Anyway, go dogs :grinning:

04 Dreaming

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Aaron is a sound enough commercial operator altho his club ventures into NFT space has been questionable to say the v least. Consecutive roll outs of the Kalki gin was also a mistake, shouldve been left as a one off release. Apparently there are pallets worth of gin that are very slow moving off thisnyears batch

His oversight of football matters have been absent and consequently dreadful. Make no mistake it is the Gus Show with our football and he has to date run rampant with shit decision after shit decision particularly when it comes to player and staff recruitment

Overall leadership - absent/dreadful

Aaron is a young and seemingly far too wet behind the ears fora job of this magnitude. Will be a likely casualty of the board shake up in feb

King Gus

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Aaron is a sound enough commercial operator altho his club ventures into NFT space has been questionable to say the v least. Consecutive roll outs of the Kalki gin was also a mistake, shouldve been left as a one off release. Apparently there are pallets worth of gin that are very slow moving off thisnyears batch

His oversight of football matters have been absent and consequently dreadful. Make no mistake it is the Gus Show with our football and he has to date run rampant with shit decision after shit decision particularly when it comes to player and staff recruitment

Aaron is a young and seemingly far too wet behind the ears fora job of this magnitude. Will be a likely casualty of the board shake up in feb
Do us all a favour stop supporting the bulldogs until Gus, CC and khoury are gone

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
It's a 'normal' day on here.
No off season is a special time of year for muppets trying to destabilise club by posting endless amounts dribble on an internet forum, this off-season will be particularly boring as we are coming up to an election.
Now that I think about it, yeah a normal day…

OldDogFan

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Who cares what the CEO does, who cares what the board does. As a supporter of the Dogs I just cheer my team on and if they win... bonus, if they lose... I get the sh!ts like everyone else.

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score

The only shake up needed is someone to grab you, shake you and slap some sense into you.

Psycho Doggie

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Don't quote me on it but I'm pretty sure Gus actually admitted he answers to the board previously.

That's huge coming from an ego like his.
Of course he answers to them. He is old school, when they ask him if they can have a chat in the next month or so, he gives them an answer.

The answer is usually "no", but its an answer :tearsofjoy:

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score

Guess you weren’t paying attention when Andrew Hill’s contract wasn’t renewed. It was a deliberate decision by JK and the Board to appoint a commercially minded CEO and separate that role from all football matters, which is exactly what happened.

For a team travelling as we are, the fact we’ve got a full book of sponsors and a waiting list is an impressive achievement and you want to have a crack about NFT’s? NFT’s are largely a joke full stop.

You seem awfully confident of a ‘board shake up’ yet every voting member I’ve spoken to has no intention of altering the course so I guess we’ll wait and see.

Oh - and why won’t you answer my question about the text message that was doing the rounds last week? You said you received it. If so, what did you find unusual about it? Waiting for your answer Flipper…

D- voice

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
...and why is he invisible through this whole alleged training shaming saga?
Why is the same question been asked over and over ?
Our CEO takes care of financial business .
Out GMF takes care of football matters.
When you are financially sound you do that.