What exactly is Warburton's role?

Powerslide

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
He is responsible for everything bulldogs not directly related to football department. All coaching, recruitment training diet blah blah is Gus. Warburton is responsible for making sure we have enough money to pay for the football department.

Why should he stick his head up? It was decided that they would split the role down the middle. Would be like Gus talking about merchanidise or sponsorship. He might put something on twitter, whenever he gets asked questions about it he responds above my pay grade.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
He is responsible for everything bulldogs not directly related to football department. All coaching, recruitment training diet blah blah is Gus. Warburton is responsible for making sure we have enough money to pay for the football department.

Why should he stick his head up? It was decided that they would split the role down the middle. Would be like Gus talking about merchanidise or sponsorship. He might put something on twitter, whenever he gets asked questions about it he responds above my pay grade.
Well if he has delegated well it's better we don't hear from him, unlike that annoying tigers dud of a CEO...

Glenn L

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

That's all well and good but who does Gould answer to? Does he conduct an end of season review on himself? Is he totally above everyone at the club and untouchable? I don't buy it. He must have KPI's and be held accountable to someone. Surely this is Warburton? It's Hasler all over again if not.

Last edited:

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
That's all well and good but who does Gould answer to? Does he conduct an end of season review on himself? Is he totally above everyone at the club and untouchable? I don't buy it. He must have KPI's and be held accountable to someone. Surely this is Warburton? It's Hasler all over again if not.
100%. Warburton is the Club's CEO. The boss engaged by the Board. You can't just say his role is purely off field and he washes his hands regarding the actual football side of things.

Powerslide

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think you seem to be confused between GM of football and coach. Des and Ciraldo are the coaches. But anyway Gould's KPI's will be reviewed by the board. I'm sure Warburton will have something to say too. most individuals at that level must have good working relationships with the board.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Don't quote me on it but I'm pretty sure Gus actually admitted he answers to the board previously.

That's huge coming from an ego like his.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Do you expect a CEO to publicly address every tabloid rumour that pops up? Minor things like this disappear on their own, you don’t inflate and encourage them
Like I mentioned before, you just described that little weasel Tigers CEO who loves the sound of his voice.

Powerslide

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
100%. Warburton is the Club's CEO. The boss engaged by the Board. You can't just say his role is purely off field and he washes his hands regarding the actual football side of things.
it's not washing his hands off it. When they were looking for a new CEO they made it clear what his responsibilities included and didn't include.

Glenn is looking to white-ant Warburton now, because he isn't poking his head where it's not needed. current issues are not for him to comment.

some things Gus would work with Warburton on, Gus's KPI's would be with the board.

ElMagicElMasri

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
of course Gus answers to the board, they hired him and the board answers to the football club members who will be asking a lot of questions in the off-season