What are some of your favourite Bulldog moments?

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
When Terry tough **** Lamb decked Michael Speechley at shark park. Cut him open real good.
His tackle on Ellery Hanley in the GF against the Tigers was the classic. Lucky not to have been sent off, but it made up for Hanley's flattening of our fullback a few minutes earlier; and won us the GF.

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
If I had to nominate a favourite moment that doesn't involve the Bulldogs, it would have to be Newcastle's Darren Albert, and his last minute try against Manly in the 1997 GF.

DaBulldog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
My favourite Bulldogs moments was when they used to WIN games.
:hearteyes: Very Good, you are right on the mark. The longer the years go on, the more I’ve forgotten what it was like too.

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
94, gf even though we lost and the 04 gf, 2012 - 14 with barba etc , just to name a few , winning games

Bulldog1966

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
For me the Late 70s, 80s and to some degree the 90s(which would have been better if we beat either Carntberra or the Gronks in those Gf's)but the 98 semi finals series was THE BEST we were the comeback kings.

Has been a bit disappointing the last 15+ years to say the least.

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
The 1998 run to the grand final. 2 weeks in a row coming from behind. The win against parramatta was the greatest game I have ever seen - well the last 30 mins. Still watch the replay today.
This and Haz from the sideline in Newcastle in 2002 are two moments that i got to watch live that i will definitely never forget.

Bulldog1966

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
If I had to nominate a favourite moment that doesn't involve the Bulldogs, it would have to be Newcastle's Darren Albert, and his last minute try against Manly in the 1997 GF.
Very good moment i agree...also an honourable mention for when the Raiders beat Balmain in the 89 GF i think that was pretty good, Steve Jackson's barnstorming try sticks in the memory.

albatross

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I never thought it could get better than 1980, but the moment we beat Manly in the '95 GF was the greatest. Ken Arthurson was trying not to vomit and faint as he had to stand there and congratulate us for flogging his team - after he, Quayle, Packer (and Gould!) had tried to tear us apart with McCracken etc. What joy!

DaBulldog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
His tackle on Ellery Hanley in the GF against the Tigers was the classic. Lucky not to have been sent off, but it made up for Hanley's flattening of our fullback a few minutes earlier; and won us the GF.
Terry Lamb has always been my hero. But when Peter Stirling asked him about that tackle many years later, he said there was no intention to take him out, I say ‘BS’ and everyone else does too. Also if Ellery Hanley had stayed on the field, I think we were in a bit of trouble. He was their Number 1 threat to the oppositions.

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
I never thought it could get better than 1980, but the moment we beat Manly in the '95 GF was the greatest. Ken Arthurson was trying not to vomit and faint as he had to stand there and congratulate us for flogging his team - after he, Quayle, Packer (and Gould!) had tried to tear us apart with McCracken etc. What joy!
I was up at Uluru watching the game in my hotel room. When we won, I went outside to celebrate, but nobody else out there cared.
Had to wait 48 hours before I could get a Sydney newspaper to read the write up. Fulton was fuming that we scored a try off the seventh tackle.

It was a good year, because Carlton took out the VFL Grand Final. I was in Alice Springs for that, and left the Henley-on-Todd regatta early to watch the game live on TV. There were at least some Blues supporters in the Alice to celebrate with.

DaBulldog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was up at Uluru watching the game in my hotel room. When we won, I went outside to celebrate, but nobody else out there cared.
Had to wait 48 hours before I could get a Sydney newspaper to read the write up. Fulton was fuming that we scored a try off the seventh tackle.

It was a good year, because Carlton took out the VFL Grand Final. I was in Alice Springs for that, and left the Henley-on-Todd regatta early to watch the game live on TV. There were at least some Blues supporters in the Alice to celebrate with.
Actually I was at Penrith Leagues club with a mate watching the game. The Manly supporters at the club were loud and wouldn’t shut up about how they were going to beat us. Just near the end of the game I turned around to see their faces - they had all left. It was great and made the win even sweeter

longy0303

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
This and Haz from the sideline in Newcastle in 2002 are two moments that i got to watch live that i will definitely never forget.
I went to that game. It was an amazing finish. Great day to be a doggies supporter!