What are some of your favourite Bulldog moments?

Jean-Claude Juncker

Kennel Established
Reaction score
His tackle on Ellery Hanley in the GF against the Tigers was the classic. Lucky not to have been sent off, but it made up for Hanley's flattening of our fullback a few minutes earlier; and won us the GF.
It was good when he head butted Toovey as well. And when he beat up Mark Bell.

Kenya

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
His tackle on Ellery Hanley in the GF against the Tigers was the classic. Lucky not to have been sent off, but it made up for Hanley's flattening of our fullback a few minutes earlier; and won us the GF.
Unforgettable Chris - yes.

Magilla

Kennel Established
Reaction score
In 1974 at Belmore oval. Norm Thomas made a break and the ball went through 11 sets of hands with Keith Harris scoring in the corner. The crowd went nuts. I remember Moose (Rex Mossop) calling the try....the ball goes to Hughes out to Hughes to Hughes to another Hughes (Eric Hughes a pom from England). That try was selected as try of the year.

All the Grand final wins were awesome.

1979 GF still hurts. Dogs came storming home and should have won.

James zac

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
In 1974 at Belmore oval. Norm Thomas made a break and the ball went through 11 sets of hands with Keith Harris scoring in the corner. The crowd went nuts. I remember Moose (Rex Mossop) calling the try....the ball goes to Hughes out to Hughes to Hughes to another Hughes (Eric Hughes a pom from England). That try was selected as try of the year.

All the Grand final wins were awesome.

1979 GF still hurts. Dogs came storming home and should have won.
Is that on youtube my uncle still talks about that try

Jai81

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The 1998 run to the grand final. 2 weeks in a row coming from behind. The win against parramatta was the greatest game I have ever seen - well the last 30 mins. Still watch the replay today.
I second the above memory! Craig Polla-Mounta was amazing in these 2 games!
Id love to see the replay of the previous game against Newcastle where we came from behind as well

oldpuppy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The 79 finals series will always stay as my favorite.
Was an iffy season with a last round flogging at the hands of Manly. I don't know what motivation they had during the week on the eve of the finals but it was the same team with a different attitude punching above their weight.
I wonder had Greg Brentnall not broken his arm in that series, we might have taken the GF. He and Chris Mortimer where having a stellar time as our centres.

ricko_29

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
THAT conversion from the sideline, not just the kick itself but watching barge arse watch it go over, that camera shot is amazing.

THAT tackle from Andrew Ryan.

Grimaldi stripping it off I think K.Hunt? off a kick return easy as you like and scoring under the posts, I'm still looking for footage of this, it's my favourite try of all time.

Anyone of Barba's length of the field tries, god I hope we see more of that next year.

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
Thanks for the reminder, that one had slipped away from the memory banks. If I remember rightly I was sitting on the bench with my dad, beside the players' box and Tim Pickup, who didn't play that day, was inside the box next to me, he went bananas. That was a hell of a Manly team too, Eadie, Fulton, Brannigan, Reilly, Randall and Krilich, and didn't we tear them a new one.

Always a Bulldog