What are some memories of your wonder years?

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
I'll tell you another memory... life before Uber!

So a few weeks ago, I changed work locations. Not different company, just a different team with a different office location. So on my last day, I had a box packed with all my desk items in it. Imagine a lonely soul walking through the CBD on a dark, cold, Friday night in winter waiting for a cab. I hailed and one finally came. I opened the back door and put the box and my bag in there and then jumped in the front seat and told the driver my destination. It was a young bloke, probably around my age give or take. I started speaking to him and just telling him what was going on in my world. I just happened to ask him where he was from (as in suburb) and he said "I was born here in Australia but I'm Lebanese" and I was like... "WTF are you serious? Bro I thought you were Aussie or something" and he's like "I thought you were Greek!" and I told him I get Greek ALL the damn time lol. He was a good bloke, didn't look Lebanese at all though. He had light brown hair and a beard, looked every bit and Aussie though. He goes for the Bulldogs, married to an Armenian girl, has a daughter. Good, honest working person. You don't see those types of cabbies anymore. I'm glad that I had a huge fare to pay him because it was a work expense (cab charge) and I got to give this bloke a good pay packet to take to his family.

I take that over Uber anyday!

Wahesh

Reaction score
When ambulances looked like these beauties...

Ambo1.jpg

As opposed to the cheap stuff you see on the toad today...

Ambo2.jpg

Wahesh

Reaction score
(1) When Rugby League was actually a good sport to watch

(2) When watching a movie at home was a cool way to spend a Saturday night. Now I'm at the stage of my life where sounds like a good thing again. Shit I'm old.

Vlasnik

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
The girl next door!!!! Was totally in love with her before she married a **** how's family could pay off Australia's national debt and still have loose change.

Wahesh

Reaction score
The girl next door!!!! Was totally in love with her before she married a **** how's family could pay off Australia's national debt and still have loose change.
Yep... you get plenty of them these days. Materialistic fake bitches. Thank you very much Facebook for ruining today's girls!

speedy2460

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Who remembers the days when police didnt have quotas to meet.

Wahesh

Reaction score
Who remembers when Hotmail's sign-in page looked like this:

And the inbox interface looked like this?

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Who remembers when Hotmail's sign-in page looked like this:

And the inbox interface looked like this?

Yea.. though I definitely didn't have a Bin Laden folder :sweatsmile: