What are some memories of your wonder years?

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
I remember I used to love Thursday afternoons back in high school. Play sport for a couple of hours - either Ice Skating at Canterbury Ice rink (where other schools would also go an we'd mingle with other students we knew) while having fun and having the DJ in the box play some cool tunes, or play touch in nearby Tasker Park. Then walk up to Campsie maccas, hang out there and chill for a little bit then, while waiting to catch the bus home, look at the awesome new phones on display in the shop next to the bus stop.

Good times.

EXPLORER

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Best part about my wonder years
Was the world wasn’t over the top pc like it is now

You could easily identify men from woman
And you could call someone he or she without the risk of offending anyone

Men and woman naturally did what kind of jobs best suited them without the bulkshit need for equal numbers to appease fat blue haired feminist who don’t work and just make a lot of noise to hinder those who are actually trying to work and do something constructive for society

Wahesh

Reaction score
Back in my day we had men and woman.
Heck in 2018 we still have men and woman.

Anything else is a mental illness.
I agree, I just think that @Fear.The.Roo is complaining about all the unnecessary noise being made while we're all trying to get things done.

Wahesh

Reaction score
I haven't been on one of these in over a decade. I think the only place in Sydney you can go on one these days is the Easter Show.

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
The best part of my wonder years was that I could F&*KING walk and look after myself..ha ha ha ha ha ha ha!!!

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Being able to ride the red rattler
I betcha you were one of those mad buggers who used to swing outside around the doors! But honestly Southy how freaky was it going through the tunnels with the doors open..sheesh! :fearscream:

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
I betcha you were one of those mad buggers who used to swing outside around the doors! But honestly Southy how freaky was it going through the tunnels with the doors open..sheesh! :fearscream:
Once maybe lol threw a few oranges out at pace though. Used to love woy woy tunnel the lights would always black out on the rattler.

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Once maybe lol threw a few oranges out at pace though. Used to love woy woy tunnel the lights would always black out on the rattler.
Soooo freaky.. You know if you didn’t like someone you just give em shove when the lights went out..no one would see you!

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Yep. I rode on that thing. I also went on the corkscrew at Seaworld first a few days before the Thunderbolt. The Thunderbolt is way worse lol.
I think the only reason the thunder bolt was scary was because it was rough as guts it fucking jolted you good lol.the corkscrew was fun , they had i think it was at dreamworld that mouse roller coaster that scared the fuck out of me thinking it would fall apart

Wahesh

Reaction score
I think the only reason the thunder bolt was scary was because it was rough as guts it fucking jolted you good lol.the corkscrew was fun , they had i think it was at dreamworld that mouse roller coaster that scared the fuck out of me thinking it would fall apart
I think that's the Wild Mouse Roller Coaster at Aussie World. It was removed a few years ago as it was a safety risk :tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy:

Remember the pirate ship at Wonderland? You wouldn't get me on that thing if you tried.

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
I think that's the Wild Mouse Roller Coaster at Aussie World. It was removed a few years ago as it was a safety risk :tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy:

Remember the pirate ship at Wonderland? You wouldn't get me on that thing if you tried.

Wild mouse that was the **** lol,yeah i went on the pirate ship once ,i didn't enjoy it

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score

My mate took a group of school kids to Wonderland.. They got on the pirate ship.. But the seat restraint didn’t come down properly.. And one of the kids basically was going around with nothing keeping him in.. thankfully the kid was tall and was able to push on the unclosed restraint and hold on! Ahh those were the safety days!