News Wests Tigers poach Bulldogs defensive coach

Menteek

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Is Buzz trolling ?
He says we let in 30ppg and 24ppg respectively and says he’s a big loss???
Fk me that made me laugh so much I almost want to run a ruok day

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
If I was a bit less lazy I'd search for the Jeremy Clarkson "Oh no....... Anyway" meme. But this news doesn't warrant that level of effort.
I hear you Al.
I was going to have a parade to celebrate the lazy life.
Just couldn’t be arsed :-).

Dogzof95

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
This why kids, you should never become an alcoholic!!

repolski

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Wests Tigers poach Bulldogs defensive coach

By:
Buzz Rothfield

The Wests Tigers may have won the wooden spoon but their rebuild under mastermind Tim Sheens has already begun in dramatic fashion, securing the prized signature of renowned Canterbury Bulldogs defence coach David Furner. Furner's resume speaks for itself - responsible for the Bulldog's defensive record in 2021 (30ppg) and 2022 (24ppg) under former coach Trent Barrett. In what represents a major blow to Phil Gould and incoming coach Cameron Ciraldo, the club is now scrambling to identify a suitable replacement. Rugby league commentators and pundits believe that Sheens has outplayed Gould in many respects and the old Canberra combination will look to begin the Tiger's premiership assault for the upcoming season. Canterbury will need a miracle to resolve their predicted defensive woes after Furner's departure.

View attachment 58841
“I’ve known David for a very long time, and I know that he is not only a quality person but has an extremely sharp football mind,” said Sheens. "Like Benji and Robbie, David knows what success looks like, and I’m confident he will be a major asset to this club.” Wests Tigers CEO Justin Pascoe is equally excited about Furner joining the club. “We welcome David and his family to Wests Tigers and look forward to his contribution to our organisation over the coming years,” said Pascoe.
Surely this article is taking the piss ????

Cujo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Useless prick is already cooked to if you watched any of our defensive efforts throughout the year!
Tigpies didn’t need to poach him….he already done!!

Moedogg

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Wasn't Furner the defensive coach of North QLD when they won the Premiership?

Menteek

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
"Renowned coach Furner" lol. Our defence was poor this year. Im guessing he was pushed
fmd Id blind Freddy couldn’t see he was the worst defensive coach then I don’t know what is…

Moedogg

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I'm no Furner fan, yes our defensive structuresvwere poor but some of the blame for our defensive issues can be attributed to fitness (Ferris's responsibility) and attack (Barrett) inability to score and keep turning over possession.

Notice how our defensive slightly improved when we started scoring more points.

Disposable Hero

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm no Furner fan, yes our defensive structuresvwere poor but some of the blame for our defensive issues can be attributed to fitness (Ferris's responsibility) and attack (Barrett) inability to score and keep turning over possession.

Notice how our defensive slightly improved when we started scoring more points.
Soo your saying Furners defensive strategy improved because we scored more points?

Cheng

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Fuck Sheensy has aged

Looks like he just got out of DCM's after a night out on the piss and pills